GDT: Devils vs. Wild - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
In amongst all of the hate for players that don't matter, like Seney, Hayden, Wood, et al...

Have we already covered the fact that our defenseman of the future gave the game away twice?

I never understand why the focus isn't squarely on the crap defense.

However much all of the dead wood *didn't* contribute- we still win that game 2-1 if someone doesn't go 1-on-2 up through the middle of the ice with only one guy back, and that same somebody actually gets the puck behind the net instead of letting the winger take away his better positioning from him, and steal the puck.

Am I watching the same games? What, was Severson's Corsi good again tonight?

Is it the 4 points and -10 in 23 games that keeps in the lineup? Is he killing it in shot assists? What?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Hmm thought the best players in the league usually lead the league in takeaways/giveaways. So I think we have the most talented team in the league tonight
Well you know what they say, you miss 100% of the passes that don't connect.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It was during a stoppage when Simmonds went offside, he was sitting right there beer in hand, it was hilarious lol.

0mxlHHf.png

Guy is worth billions and he sneaks in vodka in a PERRIER bottle? What is this a freshman party at an SEC football game? I guess that’s endearing.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Oh great, rich folk water.

Even that damn look without the water is still perfect.

For Hurricane Irene, I was too late getting to the supermarket to stock-up on water, so I had to buy a bunch of whatever was left, which was Perrier.

Since Irene was a nothingburger, pretty much everyone who came to my apartment for two weeks afterwards was like, damn dude you really love Perrier huh?

Reactions: nugg and NJDevs26

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
In amongst all of the hate for players that don't matter, like Seney, Hayden, Wood, et al...

Have we already covered the fact that our defenseman of the future gave the game away twice?

However much all of the dead wood *didn't* contribute- we still win that game 2-1 if someone doesn't go 1-on-2 up through the middle of the ice with only one guy back, and that same somebody actually gets the puck behind the net instead of letting the winger take away his better positioning from him, and steal the puck.

Is it the 4 points and -10 in 23 games that keeps in the lineup? Is he killing it in shot assists? What?

easier to scapegoat the lesser players like Rooney, Kinkaid, seney. True underdog stories that are fun to root for than to hold the staples accountable. Honestly it’s pretty gross to still single out these insignificant team players who even if they go on a tear will make minimal difference. Especially given where the team has been at for over a year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
easier to scapegoat the lesser players like Rooney, Kinkaid, seney. True underdog stories that are fun to root for than to hold the staples accountable. Honestly it’s pretty gross to still single out these insignificant team players who even if they go on a tear will make minimal difference. Especially given where the team has been at for over a year.

People hold the big names to account with the exception of Subban because he hasn't been here very long and because of his personality. Thing is with Severson, half the board has as much a blind spot towards him as Shero does toward Hynes. But some of us do hold him to account.

I'll say this though...I'd like to see Severson under another staff before we give him the boot. Especially after the worlds this year.

Reactions: nugg and Tretyak 20

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
People hold the big names to account with the exception of Subban because he hasn't been here very long and because of his personality. Thing is with Severson, half the board has as much a blind spot towards him as Shero does toward Hynes. But some of us do hold him to account.

I'll say this though...I'd like to see Severson under another staff before we give him the boot. Especially after the worlds this year.

id like the whole team under a new staff but ‘meaningless extension’ and ‘not better option’.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

I mean, I get that he's the only game in town - that it's him or some other schwag garbage in the lineup - but seriously - at this point - don't you just package him in a deal with some other young player to get a stable LHD to stop the bleeding so that at least our other kids can develop? He, along with Vats and Subban are high event - but they are higher BAD event than good event. We can certainly afford to have one or two of those guys in the lineup - but when game after game after game goes down because of one of them making a ridiculous bonehead play, or pass, or getting posterized, or... the team isn't good enough to cover that up - especially if you have a 22 year old kid, or Louis Domingue or Cory Schneider as your last line of defense.

I don't want Ty Smith spending one minute with this jackass.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I didn't watch most of the game. Were Seney's turnovers that bad? My first thought is...is Seney playing a normal hockey system and passing to areas where he expects one of his guys?

I saw the Vatanen pass to Parise at the end of the game and burst out laughing. It might be the 2nd worst pass all year.

First was the Hall? pass from the slot right to the opposing player just above the dot which was put in.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I mean, I get that he's the only game in town - that it's him or some other schwag garbage in the lineup - but seriously - at this point - don't you just package him in a deal with some other young player to get a stable LHD to stop the bleeding so that at least our other kids can develop? He, along with Vats and Subban are high event - but they are higher BAD event than good event. We can certainly afford to have one or two of those guys in the lineup - but when game after game after game goes down because of one of them making a ridiculous bonehead play, or pass, or getting posterized, or... the team isn't good enough to cover that up - especially if you have a 22 year old kid, or Louis Domingue or Cory Schneider as your last line of defense.

I don't want Ty Smith spending one minute with this jackass.

it’s almost like hynes’ system revolves around having those high event hybrid defenders. Really feel like hynes has been pointing to advanced analytics in past seasons as reasons the team wasn’t as bad as on ice. Blames goaltending. Lack of high end talent. Shero says ok. Invests in new analytics dude (needs to be fired), acquires new high end/high risk talent and changes the goalie corps. Now all that has failed.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Simple answer is he stays in the lineup because he's doing what the coach wants him to.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Guy is worth billions and he sneaks in vodka in a PERRIER bottle? What is this a freshman party at an SEC football game? I guess that’s endearing.
Ah you damn internet sleuths, I saw what looked to be a hammered owner and a green bottle and immediately think beer, plus I'm too poor to know what that fancy water is anyway. I do miss smuggling booze into the Byrne for my older brothers in my puffy coat back in the 80's.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

He's 25, so that makes sense... but even in your wildest dreams ... do you really think we have anything better than John Moore here? He is a frigging Bonehead with a capital B. For all of the hate Wood gets for being dumb, I can't even look at Damon's stupid face anymore. Like he's frigging surprised that going 1-on-2 up the center of the ice didn't turn out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad