GDT: Devils vs. Wild - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Damon Severson is just a net negative on the ice. I am tired of him. I am tired of people making excuses for him too.

He demonstrates a total resolve to continually make risky plays that cost the team game after game. He does this in every situation, whether the Devils are down a goal, tied, or up a few goals. He plays an amateur style, and his career was saved by his offensive skills which still do not even equate to the numerous defensive mistakes he makes game after game.

I would rather take some random player from the AHL, preferably a younger one, and have him play games in the hope that he learns a defensive style that Damon Severson has never tried to learn.

It's a shame. Damon has the potential to be a very good defenseman in the league. He's plays too lackadaisical and carelessly to become a top defender.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
No GM should ever be fired for trading a replacement level backup in Kinkaid.

Nor should they be fired for trading a 7th to bring in someone serviceable to replace a broken Cory.

Correct. They should be fired for those things and given a career AHL coach an extension. But please let me know about your confidence in this teams direction. You’ve been a lighthouse.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Hynes post game pressers are really telling. He is truly delusional, he believes in his system and is faulting the players. You can tell Zacha/Bratt know he is the problem, and Hynes as a result is showing vengeance against them.
Honestly, it would not really surprise me. Zacha and Hynes have always seemed to butt heads (beginning of last year as well it appeared as though there were some issues as Zacha got benched way more than he should have). Hynes has his shitty "Everyone has to buy into the system" mantra bullshit and it is clear that Zacha has never been much of a believer in it, and this season it has definitely showed in who gets how much ice time each game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL they trade a pending FA Kinkaid who's barely an NHL'er at this point for a 5th rounder, and then trade a 7th rounder to replace him with a borderline NHL'er big whoop. This team has bigger problems than their merry-go-backup goalie. They were stuck giving Cory a spot because of his contract and Blackwood earned the other one. There was no place for a Kinkaid/Domingue type unless Cory blew up again.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Jesus christ, enough with the Kinkaid shit, its pathetic. Hes not good, he isn’t the difference. He is garbage, he gave up 3 goals on 13 shots tonight and is sporting a pathetic .877 save percentage and 4.3 GAA on a team that is in playoff position. In his last 20 games he broke .900 save percentage only six times.

JUST STOP.

Cory stinks, Kinkaid stinks, Domingue stinks and Blackwood is still unproven. How is this so hard to accept?

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I didn't know until the post game radio show on the way home that the NHL messed up the video review and that the goal shouldn't have counted. Crazy how they can have that long of a review and still get the call wrong.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Lol like this is not even about kinkaid.

it never was. It’s more about the misidentifying of a struggling anchor of #1 goalie. Realizing that is not a viable option. The blind trust in that relationship has lasting effects and the changing of the deck chairs is irreverent.

but please keep bringing up the fringe nhlers as the reason this team is not successful night in and night out as the reason. Maybe when we get a legit coach we can meet in the middle.

Last edited:

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
How can anyone trust in Shero's process after he extended this utter amateur coach and now continues to employ him despite a nauseating on-ice product and total lack of accountability/leadership?

Shero has this off-season to course correct in a big way; if he fails I will be flat out calling for him to GTFO.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lol like this is not even about kinkaid.

it never was. It’s more about the misidentifying of a struggling anchor of #1 goalie. Realizing that is not a viable option. The blind trust in that relationship has lasting effects and the changing of the deck chairs is irreverent.

but please keep bringing up the fringe nhlers as the reason this team is not successful night in and night out as the reason. Maybe when we get a legit coach we can meet in the middle.
The point is there is no difference between Cory Domingue and Kinkaid except Corys contract and that is why he was given every possible chance. That’s obvious and you know it so just stop bringing this crap up every time. It’s basically trolling.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
How can anyone trust in Shero's process after he extended this utter amateur coach and now continues to employ him despite a nauseating on-ice product and total lack of accountability/leadership?

Shero has this off-season to course correct in a big way; if he fails I will be flat out calling for him to GTFO.

No. He doesn’t have the offseason. He has 50+ games to correct it. The off-season is for new blood.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
The point is there is no difference between Cory Domingue and Kinkaid except Corys contract and that is why he was given every possible chance. That’s obvious and you know it so just stop bringing this crap up every time. It’s basically trolling.

it’s either trolling or it’s not. It’s a critique about how this team is operated. They are interchangeable and this team needed an improvement. All the signs were there that Cory was shot and Blackwood was not quite ready. Sheep say on his hands. Leave the kinkaid nonsense out of this.

I’ve been advocating for a raanta trade since the beginning of 2018. Kinkaid was fun to root for, still is. A winning devils team/goalie is way more fun. Get over my advocation for him. I have.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
it’s either trolling or it’s not. It’s a critique about how this team is operated. They are interchangeable and this team needed an improvement. All the signs were there that Cory was shot and Blackwood was ready. Sheep say on his hands. Leave the kinkaid nonsense out of this.
Kinkaid can be replaced by DOZENS of goalies from many leagues that can be acquired for a bag of pucks in a blink of an eye. Cory showed a little juice at the end of the season and was given another opportunity based on that. It didn’t work out, he is now done. He wasn’t going to get bought out over the offseason after putting up respectable numbers to end the year. And getting rid of Kinkaid doesn’t mean anything because as I said you can easily get a Kinkaid replacement whenever you want.

SO JUST STOP. My god...

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Kinkaid can be replaced by DOZENS of goalies that can be had for a bag of pucks. Cory showed a little juice and was given another opportunity based on that. It didn’t work out, he is now done. He wasn’t going to get bought out over the offseason after putting up respectable numbers to end the year.

SO JUST STOP BRINGING THIS CRAP UP. My god...

holy shit you are bringing it up!! This team needed a number one. The juice Cory showed would have been viewed under a more intense microscope from a competent org. God I don’t care if it was darling that we traded for a conditional 5th last year. The move didn’t matter! Any goalie moves should have, they didn’t. That’s how I’m evaluating it.

it was a critique on shero not because kink aid was a diamond in the rough but because he didn’t know wtf to do. The moves he made were inconsequential and should be evaluated as such.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
holy **** you are bringing it up!! This team needed a number one. The juice Cory showed would have been viewed under a more intense microscope from a competent org. God I don’t care if it was darling that we traded for a conditional 5th last year. The move didn’t matter! Any goalie moves should have, they didn’t. That’s how I’m evaluating it.
He wasn’t getting bought out or buried in the minors after last season. He just wasn’t, you are nuts if think that given his contract, his play at the end of the season and factoring in that he was once one of the best goalies in the league and maybe, just maybe when fully healthy he could be competent again. This season was the last chance, we all knew it and that is why the season started with a Mac and Cory tandem.

This isn’t hard man....

Also, what trades or signings were there to make to have an upgrade in goal? Was it worth giving a contracr to Varlamov Lehmer Mrazek with having Mac and Cory? I don’t think so.

Last edited:
Reactions: tr83

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Cory's contract pretty much meant he was coming back no matter what. They weren't going to buy him out this past summer. Plus he actually played decently down the stretch, as did Blackwood. If you want to argue they should have brought in a 3rd goalie in case they faltered, fine. But you likely wouldn't be getting anybody better than a Domingue type without giving up something of actual value.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
He wasn’t getting bought out or buried in the minors after last season. He just wasn’t, you are nuts if think that given his contract, his play at the end of the season and factoring in that he was once one of the best goalies in the league and maybe, just maybe when fully healthy he could be competent again. This season was the last chance, we all knew it and that is why the season started with a Mac and Cory tandem.

This isn’t hard man....

Also, what trades or signings were there to make to have an upgrade in goal?

yo this is hard man. Buy Cory out sign lehner/varly. Dude if Cory is your only option. The goalie who is coming off of major injuries and has not won in a calendar year than maybe you’re not the person for the job?

also he was at once a borderline top 5 goalie for two seasons. A lot of goalies have that claim.

Last edited:

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I would argue bringing Cory up in this thread is even more irreverent than kinkaid at this point. Put a fork in it!

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
yo this is hard man. Buy Cory out sign lehner/Carly. Dude if Cory is your only option. The goalie who is coming off of major injuries and has not won in a calendar year than maybe you’re not the person for the job?
I put down in my edit that the only options were Mrazek Lehner and Varlamov...

Cory wasn’t going to be the main guy here but a Cory Mac tandem looked really good down the stretch which is why they went with that this season. If they were to sign one of those guys then it would have had to be 3 goalies on the roster or letting Mac go back to the AHL which would have been ridiculous after what he showed last season.

Bottomline, Cory wasn’t going anywhere before this season unless he really bombed at the end of last season, which again, he didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad