GDT: Devils vs. Rangers - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we are talking about tonights game, then he had some really good chances, if we are talking about the shift late in the game he had a great chance. Got robbed.

There is no criticism of Hynes to be had on this point.
He got robbed? The guy has 1 goal (1 point at all) in 16 games in his career....

Holy shit, and if that wasn't bad enough, I just looked up his AHL stats for this year and he only has 1 goal in 38 games there.

A guy that's scored 2 goals in a combined 49 pro games this year got robbed?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
After seeing that again, I really wouldn't nail that goal as stoppable. It didn't look as bad on a second replay as it did on the first replay. I didn't think it looked bad at all going in live, then I thought it kind of did on the replay, but the second replay is one where I could say I wouldn't have nailed him on it. I do think the third goal was probably the softest I've seen a Devils goalie allow since the last time we saw Schneider play though, but I think it's really nitpicky to fault him on that second goal.

yeah well see all the cory supporters/kinkaid sucks people hound on me for defending that second goal and thsts why its a microcosm

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Okay, so he had a good game? He still sucks. He's not an NHL player.

Why do we always have to have credit a bad player whenever they have a good game?

I guess this was a good game for him, since you gotta place the bar for a player like him really low.
Well if you are bitching about his usage in this game then I am going to respond that he had a good game.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He got robbed? The guy has 1 goal (1 point at all) in 16 games in his career....

Holy ****, and if that wasn't bad enough, I just looked up his AHL stats for this year and he only has 1 goal in 38 games there.

A guy that's scored 2 goals in a combined 49 pro games this year got robbed?
Did you not see the play? What does his career totals have to do with that play?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Is this an admission from you that KK is mediocre? If so then this is a very important and commendable early step in your intervention!:sarcasm:

kinkaid is a mediocre goalie. which means hes an average starter and above average backup in todays nhl. thats been my position since day one.

i thought he might have a top 10 season this year if the devils were a top 10 team but they are closer to a bottome 5 team. that is very obvious

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did you not see the play? What does his career totals have to do with that play?
Because I wouldn't say the guy got robbed. I also don't see what was so great about Lundqvist's glove save on him in the 2nd, on top of all that. The guy really isn't a scorer. He's not much of a threat to score. Not even in the AHL.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm ready to send Seney back to Bing

He's plateaued at best for a long stretch

Played well for a rook but let him get more ice time in Bing for a few months.
No one wants Rooney, no one wants Q back, now we don't want Seney either?

Someone has to play in these games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yeah well see all the cory supporters/kinkaid sucks people hound on me for defending that second goal and thsts why its a microcosm
I don't wanna tread these waters in this thread and not the goalie thread, but you must know by now that I'm not one of these people. I don't think Kinkaid is good (not as a starter at least), but I've been the loudest of the ''Cory is toast'' club on here for quite a while now.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Because I wouldn't say the guy got robbed. I also don't see what was so great about Lundqvist's glove save on him in the 2nd, on top of all that. The guy really isn't a scorer. He's not much of a threat to score. Not even in the AHL.
The 2nd period save was pretty good. The one late in the game was much better.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Talking about great saves were on Kevin Rooney. I really hope this is the low point of this dirty rotten campaign. Tell me this is absolute zero!!!!!

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I don't wanna tread these waters in this thread and not the goalie thread, but you must know by now that I'm not one of these people. I don't think Kinkaid is good (not as a starter at least), but I've been the loudest of the ''Cory is toast'' club on here for quite a while now.

no i get that. i dont think kinkaid is good as a starter (hes ok) as i think there may only be 10 good starters in the league. that goal was not a soft goal though, by any means.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't disagree on Seney, but taking him out just puts another scrub in.

What happened to Nick Lappin? He's gotta be injured, no? He's usually a shoe-in for a call up by this point.

Wait a minute, did we trade him in a minor league deal? Lemme try and look that up and maybe someone can answer in the meantime.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
rooney literally shot the puck into lundqvist's glove. not sure what this "he got robbed" is about. I mean I guess Lundqivst did the fancy glove wave thing at the end.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The late first period meltdown was the key point in the game.

Kinks softy to Kreider unacceptable for a NHL netmindrr

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
no i get that. i dont think kinkaid is good as a starter (hes ok) as i think there may only be 10 good starters in the league. that goal was not a soft goal though, by any means.
Definitely agree with you there. He did look a little content on it, but there wasn't a lot of time either. If he allowed that goal on a wrist where the guy had the puck for a while and skated down with it, I might have nailed him, but not on the way the play developed.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
kinkaids second period kick save was easily the best of the night and his 3rd goal softy was the worst. this game was no where near decided by goaltending

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
rooney literally shot the puck into lundqvist's glove. not sure what this "he got robbed" is about. I mean I guess Lundqivst did the fancy glove wave thing at the end.
Honestly, Kinkaid made a couple saves with his glove better than that tonight. So I'm not trying to discredit Lundqvist here, as much as I'm just trying to state the complete and utter truth that Kevin Rooney is a complete and utter scrub of a player at the NHL level.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Definitely agree with you there. He did look a little content on it, but there wasn't a lot of time either. If he allowed that goal on a wrist where the guy had the puck for a while and skated down with it, I might have nailed him, but not on the way the play developed.

dude no goalie is content. no player is content when the other team violates your defense with that type of pass. you enter scramble mode. the best might recollect and make the appropriate play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad