GDT: Devils vs. Rangers - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
He wouldn't have made a difference.
Same non defense.
It doesn’t get much softer than that third Raggies goal. That’s gotta be in the top-3 for KK this year after that whiffed backhander against CBJ and that other whiffed glove against NSH in October.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Ottawa, Chicago, and the Kings have ALL about caught up with the Devils.

Still a possibility the Devils could draft #1 or #2. :handclap:

I think it's pretty safe to say they'll stay bottom 5 in the league but still a long way to go to see if they'll actually be in last place at the end of the season. Depends on who they decide to play in goal and when Hall comes back.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I do agree about the system and it’s why I’m not a big fan of Hynes. They want the team to be a glass canon; all offense all the time and then rely on the goalie to survive the lack of defensive structure. It’s not a sound strategy, especially for the playoffs if they ever make them again.

so you agree then? no system goalie will play well here. and half of the top goalies are usually system goalies. we have a lottery ticket to obtain another top goalie who isnt a system goalie. the fact that people can watch this game and think goaltending was the difference is just the remnants of a brodeur/schneider era.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The f***ing defensive system is absolutely horrible. Hybrid man to man / zone. Lets have the dman come all the way up to the blue line and have fowards collapse down etc. What team has to work hard when we help create chaos ourselves and get ourseves out of position easier than a cycle against us could?

I really despise this f***ing coaching staff.

Reactions: David Conte

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
It doesn’t get much softer than that third Raggies goal. That’s gotta be in the top-3 for KK this year after that whiffed backhander against CBJ and that other whiffed glove against NSH in October.

and his top 3 best save was the kick in the second period that bleed would have said was an unstoppable goal. who cares?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I think it's pretty safe to say they'll stay bottom 5 in the league but still a long way to go to see if they'll actually be in last place at the end of the season. Depends on who they decide to play in goal and when Hall comes back.
Last is still only a 18.5% chance at drafting first. Finish anywhere bottom 5 an hope for the best

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Ottawa, Chicago, and the Kings have ALL about caught up with the Devils. Still a possibility the Devils could draft #1 or #2. :handclap:

Honestly, I dont even care if they lose at this point.

This season has officially reached the "Obi Wan Kenobi phase", strike me down and you only make me more powerful.

Stinkers.jpg

5pZU.gif

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Problem with Hynes: complexity comes from simplicity. It's not an "either/or" thing.

If he doesn't learn that he has to teach players to mitigate the downside of what they do before they unleash their skill, then he's toast in this league.

But whatever. I'm ready for another blue chip guy on the team.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
but that second goal was a massive defensive breakdown on a PK and people are still blaming the goalie. just a microcosm of this forum. and im not saying our PK was shit but that was a shit play.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
hynes admitted he does not change his strategy much throughout the season just pretty much how you start the game. hes developing players not the best hockey system in the world.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Mike Grier ? Not sure. Nas does the pk an d. Kowalski the pp. Moral support ?

:laugh: I know it's Mike Grier but I legitimately have no clue what his role is. It'd be more effective if we gave Stevens season tickets behind the bench and just have him stare at guys.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
So one dimensional coaching by chrome dome, nothing we didn’t already know.
right its the long term strategy that shero is banking on. this was a lost season. he could have fired hynes and went with a system coach to get the most of the current core but instead he extended him. i think the reason is because as shero develops the roster hynes is just the character builder. once he has it, hynes moves to an assistant role and a hockey mind comes in.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I really want to know why these idiots didnt play Blackwood over Kinkaid. Not blaming Kinkaid for this loss, but Im asking that more because Schneider can only play 2 more games in the AHL. And unless they are scratching Schneider when he's done, and or trading Kinkaid, why not go with the possible future in a throw away season?

Developmental coach my f***ing ass.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Haven't you been for booting Hynes for a while now?

This is because of Hynes system, which this game has been all about turtling.
The populous of this forum and fanbase jumps fence back and forth on Hynes depending on which direction the wind is blowing. I’ve been a bit back and forth in my observations and making a definitive conclusion. I don’t think he’s good. I definitely don’t think he’s good. Is he really bad? Still not sure. At the best he’s an HC that doesn’t do much to hurt you in the standings but does nothing to help you in the standings. He might even hurt you in the standings. That’s still to be decided but I think the book is written that he definitely doesn’t do anything to help your positioning. He could always improve but he looks like he’s just a guy. He’s not the “outstanding coach” or “very good coach” that the Hynes Gate Cult wants us to believe. I’m secure in saying that. I think he may be better than jagoff Brent Sutter and he’s better than JMC because WTF isn’t?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
but seriously that second goal. a 70 foot cross ice pass where the defense was completely out of position gives all the advantages to the player receiving the puck. the defense is quick to move over and that allows vulnerable passing lanes that the goalie has to worry about. when the potential shooter hesitates it freezes the goalie. rewatching that play it wasnt an amazing save bute anyone who thinks that is a good goalie save and not a great goalie save is ridiculous. 3rd goal was soft but so were the devils trying to get the puck out of the zone.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I can't tell if this idiot behind the bench is worse than Sutter, or just slightly better, which isn't saying much.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I really want to know why these idiots didnt play Blackwood over Kinkaid. Not blaming Kinkaid for this loss, but Im asking that more because Schneider can only play 2 more games in the AHL. And unless they are scratching Schneider when he's done, and or trading Kinkaid, why not go with the possible future in a throw away season?

Developmental coach my ****ing ass.
This is something to take up more with management than the coach but Kinkaid was always gonna play tonight and he had a pretty good game against the Pengs. He did give up a bad one that game but it was when it was out of hand for the Pengs. Odds are it’s MBW29 in MTL on Saturday and if Schneids gets shellacked in his remaining American League contests then I don’t think we’ll be seeing him again. I have had enough of KK and Schneids and I reckon Schneids is close to having the machine shut off on him. We need KK here unless we plan to tank and get destroyed every game. KK isn’t great but he’s national league caliber and other tenders in the org besides maybe MBW29 really are not.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
and his top 3 best save was the kick in the second period that bleed would have said was an unstoppable goal. who cares?
I would usually fault him more for this game but they couldn’t generate an even strength scoring chance against the Vernon Vikings tonight. Hynes and bench staff were very suspect. They coached this game like they were at MSG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad