GDT: Devils vs. Predators - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I thought Noesen was very meh in that role. Dea tonight was OK I thought. Bury that one op and we are loving him on that line.

i dunno if it was decent, but i agree.

dea has no business being on the 2nd line. at least noesen has some size

hynes still thinks hes on tv or something..... over coaching is his main fault

I don't necessarily mean the line was rolling. I just mean the team as a whole looked better. 4-0 and we send one of the guys on that team down? Dea thriving in a 4th line role and we move him up to a spot that every single person who has ever watched a single game knows he is not capable of playing in? Why did we change anything from 4-0 (outside of Zajac/LJ injuries)?

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
zacha needs to be shoot first. he just doesnt have the goal scoring instinct. dunno what else to say. prob scores a million goals in practice than goes through the motions during the game and gets upset when the goalie makes a 1/100 save.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We really need a second line RW. Even when Bratt comes back I'm not sure he's the shooter they need. Although he's still a better option than anything we currently have there.
I'm not sure a pure shooter is exactly what that line needs. Zacha wants to be fancy, not saying it's a good thing, but he wants to move the puck in all 3 zones, quick passing, I think he gives the puck up too quickly, but I also think he is expecting to get the puck back quickly as well.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I don’t see why Kinker is getting such a militant pass here by a few of you. He had a poor game and he also let in a pretty poor goal against the Philth the other day. This takes me back to 2014 when Marty’s aging state was always blamed on the defense or not scoring enough or PDB’s system. Conversely, there is also a sect that gave Schneids a militant pass last year and when he’s been poor. Obviously Kinker isn’t as good as the first four games and not as poor as the last three. He needs to find some balance. WE need to find some balance because shoddy tending almost cost us a playoff spot last season. And we do have other problems with no real second line.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't necessarily mean the line was rolling. I just mean the team as a whole looked better. 4-0 and we send one of the guys on that team down? Dea thriving in a 4th line role and we move him up to a spot that every single person who has ever watched a single game knows he is not capable of playing in? Why did we change anything from 4-0 (outside of Zajac/LJ injuries)?

Because JQ wasnt playing that well. That didn't change much tonight

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

answer to all questions...... hynes is in over his head.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
We really need a second line RW. Even when Bratt comes back I'm not sure he's the shooter they need. Although he's still a better option than anything we currently have there.
Mark Stone would be a perfect fit.
Actually get Duchene as well.

I'll easily give up a first and Zacha and another top prospect with the exception of Ty Smith.

Johansson-Duchene-Stone would be a killer 2nd line.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Silver Lining #2:

Gryba looked pretty good in his 14 minutes considering the guy hasnt played an NHL game in nearly a year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People counting on Bratt to heroically save the day will likely be disappointed. Bratt had 23 points in his last 62 games; his crazy hot start skewed his year.

He's not going to be that player for the rest of his career, he was 19 last year for crying out loud. If that IS his ratio in a couple years that would be dissapointing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm not sure a pure shooter is exactly what that line needs. Zacha wants to be fancy, not saying it's a good thing, but he wants to move the puck in all 3 zones, quick passing, I think he gives the puck up too quickly, but I also think he is expecting to get the puck back quickly as well.

That line overpasses badly. Its clear as a bell live. They pass up shots like crazy

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Again if Dea buries that shot we are singing a different tune.

And last year at this time no one would have thought Noesen should be anywhere near a 2nd line either.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I would put Zacha on the PP to try and get him to think more offensively

the first 2-3 games, he looked like he finally "got it" but got robbed a few times and looks like his confidence went right back to what it was in the past. Need to try something different

Samuel Desbiens

Dec 5, 2017
Quebec City, Quebec
OK, I'm not writting here on a regular basis, but I watch every single game and I need some explanations.

I get the lack of production with Pavel Zacha (I mean, he has to produce at least one point in 7 games...), but there are absolutely no goal scorers on this team aside of Taylor Hall and Kyle Palmieri.

The passing mentality on this team is shocking, and I don't understand why John Hynes continues to keep Marcus Johansson and Pavel Zacha together. I know, Bratt was great with them early on but he's not there for at least another week. Who will put the puck in the net? I mean, JSD on the second line to fill the net with two good playmaking guys? Come on... He missed a wide open net on a great feed from Johansson in the second period.

Zacha had few good chances tonight to shoot the puck but again, his passing mentality and his lack of offensive confidence aren't helping him. And honestly, help him to find his offensive confidence back by putting him on the second wave of the PP (who is simply inexistent actually). Btw, Stefan Noesen isn't helping the wave, let's be honest.

To be honest, I would like to see John Hynes shuffles his first line. I know they played well and they have good chemistry but hey, you need some scoring from other lines. What about putting Taylor and Nico on 2 different lines to start the next game? You can reunite them during the game if it doesn't work, there is no big deal...

Sometimes, you have to put a player like Zacha on good dispositions to succeed, not always held him off the offensive opportunities.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Zacha is garbage can we swap this guy with Puljujärvi in Edmonton or Bennett in Calgary?
I’d pull the trigger on that if it were possible. I remember talk of trading him for Nino Niederreiter a while back. All message board spec, no real legitimate rumors of it, but it would be sweet.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Second PP unit is a nightmare too.

I am honestly more annotwd with Mojo because he is getting the PP time. Also another area where Brat will help.

Vats overpasses too.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I'm just saying I think many people here grossly overestimate the realistic on-ice importance of 20 year old Jesper Bratt.

maybe, id still take him in the top 6 over dea or noesen

edit: when hes back you can move around guys from the first down to the second and vice versa. suddenly we have options. right now we are just putting a band aid on the problem.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Camille the Eel

They were barely on the ice. OT was heavy Hall, Nico, Palms, and Mojo. Vats and Severson played primarily on D.
I think Greene took three OT shifts.

But that’s not really the point anyway. We had plenty of chances to win this game in the 3d and OT. The winner wasn’t exactly a softie. But yes the other goalie outplayed Keith in the last 25 minutes of the game.

Which is more of a compliment to the other guy than knock on Keith. We really should have had another goal or two.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I give Quenneville one more game and if he doesn't look better, it's back to Binghamton and "next man up" for a chance on the roster.

Reactions: HBK27

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Now we better come out and slaughter the future Nordiques on Saturday. Every loss to them eclipses the pinnacle of embarrassment.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I give Quenneville one more game and if he doesn't look better, it's back to Binghamton and "next man up" for a chance on the roster.
I thought he looked modestly okay. Sounds like what we all say about someone else. Although I don’t think that player(Zacha) was good at all tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad