GDT: Devils vs. Predators - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They played a good game, but they need to buckle down late game. They let late goals cost them points against Colorado and Philly, and a late goal cost them a win tonight.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The first, obviously, and the last were all very stoppable goals. He had a poor game. This stab at the puck with the glove while shrugging his shoulders is atrocious. Having said that, I'd sign up for 4-2-1 all day if you said first seven games against the opponents we've faced.
I thought the second was stoppable also, but not terrible. Not a goal to really get mad about. Third goal was a one timer that he had no real chance on, as he was coming across and not yet in position.

Goal 1 was probably the worst goal we'll see scored for at least a week in the entire league. The OT winner was also a poor goal to allow. If you're getting screened by a guy 25 feet out, you're not doing a good enough job.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bottom line is this game was as even as can be, tied after regulation, shots dead even, faceoffs dead even.

Tough loss but certainly not a terrible loss or as some have stated a game which indicates we are not good.

Put it this way, this would have looked a lot 'better' loss if they weren't coming off two regulation losses in a row. They really gotta win at least one of these games before November, you go into the month 4-4-1 with that seven-game gauntlet road trip coming up you could put yourself in a hole early that you spend months digging out from.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

Dude we get it, you're going to defend him, but you can't be serious. It's 25 ft out and Greene was off to the off side of the puck. That's a stoppable goal.
On TV it looked like Greene screened him, backing in and the puck got snapped under the crossbar.

Hate the loss, but if we’re complaining, how about Hynes having Greene and Zajac out there in OT repeatedly, the two slowest guys on the club with all that open ice?

How about Zajac failing to finish Quenneville’s tap in with three minutes or less left? How about Butcher fanning on a grade A chance with 5 minutes left? How about Coleman on the breakaway can’t finish and then wiped out and can’t get back on the tying goal?

Not that you have to finish any of them but don’t jump on Kincaid. It was a tough shot to handle and not an obvious softie. The game point isn’t on him.

I thought we played a pretty good third period. I don’t get anyone ragging on this club tonight.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Put it this way, this would have looked a lot 'better' loss if they weren't coming off two regulation losses in a row. They really gotta win at least one of these games before November, you go into the month 4-4-1 with that seven-game gauntlet road trip coming up you could put yourself in a hole early that you spend months digging out from.

Meh. Fretting over the schedule is pointless. People swore up and down the tough schedule would kill them last year and t didn’t.

They can play with any team in the league. They just need to buckle down. Keith needs to be better though. Or Cory.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
If Bratt is the supposed key to out shortcomings, then were in big trouble
We aren't a deep team. Losing someone expected to be a top 6 forward has a big impact when you have a shortage of scoring depth. Bratt looked outstanding in the preseason, I'm expecting him to drive that 2nd line and be an impact player on it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm about ready to jump ship and join the ''Zacha sucks army''. Time to at least end this Johansson and Zacha thing.

If you wanna keep them together, promote Zajac and Wood, who deserve the ice time. Wood has zero goals, but 3 (or 4?) points with much limited ice time. At this rate, Gryba might get a point before Zacha.

Reactions: liquid1988

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
On TV it looked like Greene screened him, backing in and the puck got snapped under the crossbar.

Hate the loss, but if we’re complaining, how about Hynes having Greene and Zajac out there in OT repeatedly, the two slowest guys on the club with all that open ice?

Greene you could rip but sadly there aren't seven or eight better options than Travis at forward right now in terms of scoring. I really don't get why they don't give Wood more 3-on-3 time though. Hell Sevs has been playing better, give him a shot there too.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Kinkaid looked like he was completely guessing on the game winner. Although I will say that was also a pretty nice shot by Turris. I figured we were in trouble in OT with some of the talent Nashville can throw out there.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
if the devils would have won this game its because they have an elite 1st line and an elite #1 goalie. we know they have an elite first line. we know their #1 goalie hasn't proved himself yet. not sure whats so hard to comprehend about the fact that the goalie let in a couple softies yet kept them in the game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

How about Zajac failing to finish Quenneville’s tap in with three minutes or less left? How about Butcher fanning on a grade A chance with 5 minutes left? How about Coleman on the breakaway can’t finish and then wiped out and can’t get back on the tying goal?

Not that you have to finish any of them but don’t jump on Kincaid. It was a tough shot to handle and not an obvious softie. The game point isn’t on him.

I thought we played a pretty good third period. I don’t get anyone tagging on this club tonight.

They were barely on the ice. OT was heavy Hall, Nico, Palms, and Mojo. Vats and Severson played primarily on D.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

I thought we played a pretty good third period. I don’t get anyone ragging on this club tonight.

That shot is stopped 95 out of 100 times. It was a stoppable goal. This game isn't anything for anyone with a rationale working brain to bitch about. Nashville is OBVIOUSLY a top team in the league. They're a team we'd love to be. We played a solid game and aside from two stoppable goals we played with them and even better in spurts.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
re: november schedule- im sure this team would rather play more frequently than less. especially to start the season and get in a groove.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They were barely on the ice. OT was heavy Hall, Nico, Palms, and Mojo. Vats and Severson played primarily on D.

Well Greene definitely had two shifts at least which is more than enough for a five-minute OT, the one where he got stoned on the 2-on-1 and the one where he was on the ice for the winning goal.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Team needs a legit 2nd line center...
Shero needs to be brave and pull the trigger on a Matt Duchene or Eric Staal trade. Don't wait til trade deadline.

Even someone like Derrick Brassard would work if Shero wants to go back to the Pens well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Greene you could rip but sadly there aren't seven or eight better options than Travis at forward right now in terms of scoring. I really don't get why they don't give Wood more 3-on-3 time though. Hell Sevs has been playing better, give him a shot there too.

They did. Severson was second over the boards. Had a good shift too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

The hustle and the heart are there. They just need a couple of players with legit skill. It’s not for lack of effort. They created chances but it’s hard to expect guys like Zajac or Coleman to score consistently.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
re: november schedule- im sure this team would rather play more frequently than less. especially to start the season and get in a groove.

That's a possibility, although they were fine early with the first four games playing a spread out schedule - and it's a good thing they'll have two healthy NHL goalies by then at least.

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
Team was clearly better than the last few games. Good to see Hall-Nico-Palms clicking, but, my god, it's frustrating to see Zacha pointless. Hopefully Bratt coming back will spark this line. It's getting hard to stay patient.

A point against one of the top teams I'll always take, but really felt they could've put this one away. Credit to Saros for making key saves. Not Kinkaid's best game.

Take the point and move on to Florida.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
That shot is stopped 95 out of 100 times. It was a stoppable goal. This game isn't anything for anyone with a rationale working brain to ***** about. Nashville is OBVIOUSLY a top team in the league. They're a team we'd love to be. We played a solid game and aside from two stoppable goals we played with them and even better in spurts.

there were also many score-able goals on our side which weren't because our talent isn't in line with theirs top to bottom.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well Greene definitely had two shifts at least which is more than enough for a five-minute OT, the one where he got stoned on the 2-on-1 and the one where he was on the ice for the winning goal.

His first shift was like 5 seconds. Shot on goal. Immediately taken off for Vats for the faceoff.

People are nit picking. Keith needs to be better and they need to defend a lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad