GDT: Devils vs. Predators - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
i just dont get how you can watch that game and think that better goaltending would have won us that game over better secondary scoring/play. the amount of penalties and zone time when the first line was not on the ice should tell a story. not to mention, the lack of finish.

KK wasn't at his best but he was good enough to win. Not so sure about the rest of the team outside of the players that have been performing all year. If KK had the predators in front of him— I think he would have secured a victory.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm just saying I think many people here grossly overestimate the realistic on-ice importance of 20 year old Jesper Bratt.
If you look at it like "Man this team needs Bratt" well yeah you are asking a lot from a 20 year old.

But if you look at it like "Man that 2nd line would be a lot better with Bratt then Dea" then I think that makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

I give Quenneville one more game and if he doesn't look better, it's back to Binghamton and "next man up" for a chance on the roster.
I liked Q’s game in the 3d period. Had a nice forecheck shift and then almost won the game for us with a filthy good pass to Zajac with about a minute and a half left. I think Q belongs.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I give Quenneville one more game and if he doesn't look better, it's back to Binghamton and "next man up" for a chance on the roster.
I thought he was pretty good, put the potential game winner right on Zajac's stick late in the 3rd.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
This team is in dire need of an unconscious, guilt free volume shooter. But there aren't many of them.

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This team is in dire need of an unconscious, guilt free volume shooter. But there aren't many of them.

reid-boucher-2019-39.jpg

:sarcasm:

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Palmieri was a hot mess out there in OT. Coughed up the puck almost immediately his first shift and tried to go through 3 Preds before coughing the puck up again on his 2nd shift.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Palmieri was a hot mess out there in OT. Coughed up the puck almost immediately his first shift and tried to go through 3 Preds before coughing the puck up again on his 2nd shift.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I don’t see why Kinker is getting such a militant pass here by a few of you. He had a poor game and he also let in a pretty poor goal against the Philth the other day. This takes me back to 2014 when Marty’s aging state was always blamed on the defense or not scoring enough or PDB’s system. Conversely, there is also a sect that gave Schneids a militant pass last year and when he’s been poor. Obviously Kinker isn’t as good as the first four games and not as poor as the last three. He needs to find some balance. WE need to find some balance because shoddy tending almost cost us a playoff spot last season. And we do have other problems with no real second line.

i don’t know how you put this on kinkaid. it should’ve been 2-1 preds after the first

Camille the Eel

Whoever said above that we can play with anyone when we bear down does I think take the right message from this game. It’s a long season. We played a solid game tonight against a very fine club. Should have had 2 points, not one. On to the Florida game and then the road trip.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
had the puck all alone on the blue line and instead of entering the zone, reverses the field and subsequently turned it over.

I also think Greene earlier on the game losing shift did not pinch deep for a lose puck in the offensive that was his for the taking. Pretty sure it was a d-man, and pretty sure it was not due to a change.

Reactions: HBK27

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just saw KK's first goal against, oh man it really was that bad - BUT how was there no offsides on the play? It looked like Fiala was in the zone a step ahead of Weber after dropping the puck back to him. Did we even challenge it?

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I just saw KK's first goal against, oh man it really was that bad - BUT how was there no offsides on the play? It looked like Fiala was in the zone a step ahead of Weber after dropping the puck back to him.

surprised we didnt challenge one of them., maybe that was it

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Was largely out of commission today moving out of my apartment and taking a finance midterm. Anyone care to give a quick summary?
36 to 36 in shots.

Kink let in the softest of softies on first goal allowed but was good otherwise.

Blew 3 one goal leads.

Nico with 2 beauty tips off 2 beauty passes one from Hall, one from Palms.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
i don’t know how you put this on kinkaid. it should’ve been 2-1 preds after the first
I do not agree with this assessment in the slightest. Maybe Nash should have scored a goal in the 1st, yes. He should have stopped the really weak goal and perhaps allowed a goal on the double-deflection before that. And the game winner was another pretty poor goal.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
36 to 36 in shots.

Kink let in the softest of softies on first goal allowed but was good otherwise.

Blew 3 one goal leads.

Nico with 2 beauty tips off 2 beauty passes one from Hall, one from Palms.
The OT winner was bad. I don't agree that he was good otherwise. I think he played better on paper than on the eyes.

He's bound to have a 5 goal against game where he allows 0 goals he has any chance on to even up on this one.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And not that he had anything to do with the OT winner, but why do we need to play Andy Greene in 3 on 3 OT still?

And WHY do we need to play him multiple shifts? WHY?! I WANT A f***ING ANSWER GODDAMMIT!

Reactions: mtnet

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
And not that he had anything to do with the OT winner, but why do we need to play Andy Greene in 3 on 3 OT still?

And WHY do we need to play him multiple shifts? WHY?! I WANT A ****ING ANSWER GODDAMMIT!

seniority, hockey politics, faith in the captain by the coach.....

hes a lot better than most people think. but how he played that shot was just horrible..... he had two guys ready to close it down if he just takes a knee and takes away the shot. it was a 1v3 with two 'defenders' behind him......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad