GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome2Hell

Aug 9, 2010
NutleyNJ
Washington has no balls, rely on the PP too much. The pens have the heart of a champion. And Malkin is just ridiculous right now.

But I love this team, we will give anyone a tough fight

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Trotz knows how to slow us down, plus Backstrom always kills us. Even with their less than stellar playoff pedigree I don’t want to see the Caps.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Bratt had a good game. Im not sure why he sat a lot in the 3rd. He was hard on the puck, had some good chances, the only issue i had with him tonight was he should have shot the puck a few more times instead of passing.

Bratt is not great defensive player to have on the ice when the other team is pressing for a goal. I'm almost certain that's why he wasn't out there much in the 3rd. He set up a lot of nice plays including Zacha on that 2-1.

He looked like old school Bratt out there, the self pass was redonkulous. He damn near scored on it, and if he had, it would have been the highlight of the year.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Severson has been playing great lately. I've given him a lot of grief when he deserved it for his terrible defensive play. But I always give credit when credit is due. His defensive play has been so much better and although I don't think he'll be more than average defensively, but if he can just play mistake free hockey and continue to pot goals he makes our second pairing so much better.

Still don't understand why they're playing Lovejoy over Santini. Santini has proven he's a more capable and effective player than Lovejoy. He better offensively especially when it comes moving the puck and he much better defensively. He brings a physical element that we lack on the back end. I just don't get it and belief it's the most confusing personnel decision made by the team all year.

I have no issue with Lovejoy and I think having him as the 7th defensman is a very valuable to have in the playoffs. Also have Mueller who I think should be rotated every other game with Butcher, because Butcher looks tired. He needs the rest he's never played an 82 game season and the same thing is happening to Bratt even moreso. I feel like we should give him like a week off just to rest and tell him spot is guaranteed. The kid just needs a rest and I think it could be huge for him.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Also have to say that our forward depth is tremendous and I think it's even better than the depth we had going into the 2012 playoffs. It's better because the fourth line this team can ice is tremendous. When you have Brian Boyle centering your 4th line you know you have depth. Plus the fact you'll have a combo of Noesen, Coleman and Gibbons playing the 4th line wing spot.

I really belief the fact we can ice four lines that are all offensive threats could be our most valuable asset as a team should we make the playoffs. So if we can get stellar goaltending and our defense plays mistake free. I firmly believe that we could give any team a run for its money in a 7 game series, even Tampa. Not saying we'd win but we won't be easy for any team, but at the same time there isn't any easy opponents this offseason for anyone. I believe the east is wide open this year and you could see any of the 8 teams could make it to the finals.

Reactions: VoidCreature

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Nico really does remind me of Datsyuk in the way he just pickpockets guys from behind and turns it into an offensive rush.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Go!

ple-will-argue-about-anything-hereis-a-rock-~ali-30989140.png

That's not a rock, it looks more like a really old loaf of bread. :sarcasm:

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
The ups and downs this season have been quite the roller coaster, but this team is certainly growing into something special now.

i am excite

It seems like they could gel at just the right time. Team should get on a roll once Schneider, Gibbons, and perhaps Mojo return from injury. Also Grabner and Maroon should settle in well before the playoffs get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad