GDT: Devils vs. Lightning - Halloween Edition 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Merrill should be getting ready to come back soon too. He's going to take another step this season also. Watch. Book it.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Thought Cammalleri had a fantastic gm, was all over the place. Hes just so snakebiitten right now.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
His character is what im eluding to.

hfboards makes people out to be bad guys for no reason lol. I remember earlier this year some people on this board said Ray would never consider Radulov because he doesn't fit the team's culture and a couple weeks later Radulov said the Devils were one of the three teams he spoke to. Same comments have been made about Hall. It's just unnecessary especially since no one here actually knows them.

And so what if they have a bit of ego/attitude? They're millionaires(or almost) at a really young age doing what they love.

Severson has been everything the Devils needed this season-hope it continues. Was a really fun game to be at.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Merrill should be getting ready to come back soon too. He's going to take another step this season also. Watch. Book it.

I'm not sure who he really would get in the lineup for, until there is an injury.

I think there's 5 guys that definitely aren't getting scratched, then there's Quincey who I think probably won't be scratched any time soon.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Henrique is 5th in goals from the 2008 draft class. I think he'll be 3rd or 4th by the end of this year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm not sure who he really would get in the lineup for, until there is an injury.

I think there's 5 guys that definitely aren't getting scratched, then there's Quincey who I think probably won't be scratched any time soon.

Does it really make much sense playing Auvitu 12 minutes at 5v5? The usage of Auvitu is focing multiple guys to play 20+ minutes a night.

It's really kind of silly. Unless they are going to ramp up his minutes and they trying to ease him into the NHL this really is dumb and is putting unneeded pressure on other dmen...they are really using him like Gelinas right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Same thing for me...I still had a bit of PTSD from driving in and out of the Meadowlands.

Of course it somewhat depends on where you park too, if you're stuck in the lot across the street from the arena it'll take you at least a half hour to get out. The traffic out of the Mulberry lots isn't ideal either. So yeah the Broad Street lots or something a few blocks away is more optimum where you can get out quicker.

I always used the Halsey St lots. They were like $5 bucks 6-9 years ago. Think they were $7 bucks last year on Marty night. There's been a lot of construction there in the last 5 years, I wasn't even sure if it was there anymore. It's much more built up over there than it used to be.

Occasionally I'd use a closer lot if I was cutting it close to puck drop and didn't mind dropping quite a few more dollars.

Meadowlands was and remains terrible to get out of. It was a little better for me, as I took route 3 to Tonnelle Ave and had a back way home to Cliffside Park from there. I was getting on the turnpike to 18E and on 46 east.

Occasionally I could take Washington Ave to Moonachie Rd to Liberty St and get on 46, through Carlstadt, Moonachie and Little Ferry. That was fast sometimes, slower other times.

I feel bad for the people that go there to see football. I saw Supercross at Met Life Stadium when I visited in April 2014 and it took like 45 minutes to get from the lots to 120/Washington Ave. And that wasn't even a capacity crowd. Probably much more packed then Devils games were back in the day there, but not quite the NFL crowds.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Quincey played 14:19 with 1:16 of PK
Auvitu played 15:40 with 1:08 of PP

These are crazy low minutes and it forced Greene to play 24 minutes and both Severson and Lovejoy over 22 minutes. Lovejoy was just shy of 23 minutes tonight.

This is not good.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To be fair I don't think Quincy has been terrible.

He is at least serviceable. We have marched out much worse cones. He just looks like the weakest link

I have been more annoyed by his penalties than anything regarding his actual play. He did look like a pylon on last night's game tier, but he's mostly been okay.

I think he's a necessary evil, or else we're icing Helgeson or maybe Gormley or one of those replacement level defensemen. Quincey is a lesser evil weak link than Helgeson or Gormley or whoever else we could be using.

Our defense has been okay, certainly not as good as last year's (up until late February or early March), but MUCH better than some of the guys we were using from March to the end of the season. That Helgeson/Warsofsky pairing was the defense equivalent to some of the forwards we were using in the bottom 6. Still having nightmares.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have been more annoyed by his penalties than anything regarding his actual play. He did look like a pylon on last night's game tier, but he's mostly been okay.

I think he's a necessary evil, or else we're icing Helgeson or maybe Gormley or one of those replacement level defensemen. Quincey is a lesser evil weak link than Helgeson or Gormley or whoever else we could be using.

Our defense has been okay, certainly not as good as last year's (up until late February or early March), but MUCH better than some of the guys we were using from March to the end of the season. That Helgeson/Warsofsky pairing was the defense equivalent to some of the forwards we were using in the bottom 6. Still having nightmares.

I think team defense we really haven't missed many beats from last year.

I notice a few extra adventures, but we still seem to be able to limit high quality chances for the most part. We are also moving play the other way better, which helps.

PK hasn't missed a beat. I think we underestimate how instrumental Zajac is to our PK. Next to Greene, he might be our PK MVP. Those two have been the constants over these few years where it has been towards the top.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Does it really make much sense playing Auvitu 12 minutes at 5v5? The usage of Auvitu is focing multiple guys to play 20+ minutes a night.

It's really kind of silly. Unless they are going to ramp up his minutes and they trying to ease him into the NHL this really is dumb and is putting unneeded pressure on other dmen...they are really using him like Gelinas right now.

He's never played an 82 game season. He did play 71 games last year but that was in the Finnish league and the World Championships, which is an enormous step down (and also is from September to May). I like how they are managing Auvitu's minutes. It would be very easy to give him 20 minutes a game because of how well he's playing.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai

Visions of this on the ice haunt my dreams:

Farnham/Gionta/Tootoo
Helgeson/Warsofsky

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He's never played an 82 game season. He did play 71 games last year but that was in the Finnish league and the World Championships, which is an enormous step down. I like how they are managing Auvitu's minutes.

Like I said earlier unless they are playing on ramping his minutes up as the season moves along, his current usage is putting unneeded pressure on the rest of the Dmen. 4 guys have to play 20+ minutes because the bottom pair is only capable of 15 is not a good situation .

Not for this defense anyway. This really needs to be a more distributed minutes defense in my opinion.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think team defense we really haven't missed many beats from last year.

I notice a few extra adventures, but we still seem to be able to limit high quality chances for the most part. We are also moving play the other way better, which helps.

PK hasn't missed a beat. I think we underestimate how instrumental Zajac is to our PK. Next to Greene, he might be our PK MVP. Those two have been the constants over these few years where it has been towards the top.

Our shots against have risen a little bit, but our shots for have went up even more.

Shots being 31-32 or something is a lot better than shots being 27-21, like a lot of times last year. Don't forget some of those games we had 18 shots or something, there were too many of them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We seem to be in the box more then the PP, which is going to limit Auvitu's minutes.

They also lean really heavily on Greene/Lovejoy on the PK. Greene/Lars levels from last year.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Like I said earlier unless they are playing on ramping his minutes up as the season moves along, his current usage is putting unneeded pressure on the rest of the Dmen. 4 guys have to play 20+ minutes because the bottom pair is only capable of 15 is not a good situation .

Not for this defense anyway. This really needs to be a more distributed minutes defense in my opinion.

I'm assuming his minutes will go up in games where the Devils trail. They really haven't been behind at all this season. That's when Auvitu will get 19-20 minutes and Lovejoy will have fewer minutes. They've just been getting lucky with scoring the first goal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Our shots against have risen a little bit, but our shots for have went up even more.

Shots being 31-32 or something is a lot better than shots being 27-21, like a lot of times last year. Don't forget some of those games we had 18 shots or something, there were too many of them.

Still I don't see a ton of high quality scoring chances against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad