GDT: Devils vs. Jets 7:00 PM MSG+ - Snowmageddon make-up day

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Do we even practice penalty shots / shootouts?

All of those attempts were absolutely awful, they look completely devoid of ideas other than skate directly at the goalie, do a little shimmy and then fire it directly at them from three feet away...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This was the worst game we've played since Boston earlier in the month.

''No way tho, Cory only allowed 3 goals. We barely gave them anything''

Sure we didn't.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The amount of combined regulation and ot losses is the amount of times Hynes should be kicked in the balls.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The fact that we had to lose in the shootout was even worse than getting to OT and losing in the OT period.

All 3 attempts were pretty meh.

JQ's was alright, Hall and Zacha were bleh.

I'm glad I just skipped going to this game...leaving 10 PM on a Tuesday night for a useless shootout loss wouldn't have been a great way to spend the night :P

As it is I'm probably going to two of the games next week, the Flyer game with a friend and the Isle game just cause it's the home finale.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The guys have no motivation and no confidence. What a pathetic 3 shots. I feel like a motivated high school team could hang with them when I watch a game like that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
JQ's move actually looked reminiscent of Patty's go-to move from later in his career, that he rarely scored on.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Do we even practice penalty shots / shootouts?

All of those attempts were absolutely awful, they look completely devoid of ideas other than skate directly at the goalie, do a little shimmy and then fire it directly at them from three feet away...

Hynes doesn't like creativity and offense.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'm not mad that they didn't get the extra point but it's pretty frustrating that the only way this team will stop getting ****ed is when the games finally run out. That was some bull **** at the end of overtime. Anything that happens after 60 minutes in the regular season is honestly a complete farce. The league is embarrassing.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
No PS for Hall is extra annoying after the Devils had to defend a PS earlier this year when a player wasn't even on a breakaway. The refs just make no sense at times.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They didn't deserve to get to OT anyway. The loser point pisses me off.

At least Liane has talent and did something worth watching in the shootout.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Final 10 seconds in OT a hook/slash/hold/trip/etc. in the defensive zone should be a penalty shot.

I guess, but it seems to come up only like once or twice a year - most players don't have enough awareness to do this. If more teams/players did this maybe it would get legislated against more harshly.

Plus how do you tell an intentional penalty from an unintentional one? That's just giving the refs yet another judgement call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad