GDT: Devils vs. Jets 7:00 PM MSG+ - Snowmageddon make-up day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
This team can't even handle and make passes in the offensive zone. Deserved to lose.

And my god did Laine wreck Henrique on that move in OT

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
weren't you one of the ones crying earlier in the year when he wouldn't use guys like Zacha.

Can never win with you people.

Read what I was responding to. It asked if they even practice penalty shots / shootouts haha.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I honestly hate the gutless NHL refs.

That ref was afraid to make the PS call. What a spineless wimp.

If it were Pitts or Rags player it gets called no question.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The amount of combined regulation and ot losses is the amount of times Hynes should be kicked in the balls.
Give him a few more for all the blown leads. His (lack of) system is asking for blown leads, with all the shots we allow when leading.

He deserves 5 kicks just for scratching Merrill tonight. I wouldn't put it past him to give Severson a scratch next.

I'm glad I just skipped going to this game...leaving 10 PM on a Tuesday night for a useless shootout loss wouldn't have been a great way to spend the night :P

As it is I'm probably going to two of the games next week, the Flyer game with a friend and the Isle game just cause it's the home finale.

I'm glad I didn't see a home game this year. I can watch this garbage ''Coasting, non-attacking, zero support'' Hynes trash from my living room couch.

I don't dare watch them in bed or in any kind of a lounging position, as it's easy to fall asleep with this boring swill.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I haven't been legit angry with anything to do with this team in months...the non PS call seriously has me heated.......meaningless game..yada yada...still *********

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Have the Devils been more screwed on PS calls or boarding calls this season? It's amazing how many screw jobs there has been on both types.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I haven't been legit angry with anything to do with this team in months...the non PS call seriously has me heated.......meaningless game..yada yada...still *********

You'd think in a league that's always talking about how they want more goals and excitement they'd be handing out penalty shots like candy.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They didn't deserve to get to OT anyway. The loser point pisses me off.
We didn't deserve a point.

We sat back, coasted, get outshot by a zillion.

The third goal was stoppable on Cory, but it's a shot he shouldn't have had to face with us on the PP.

This game was AWFUL, it was masked by Cory having a pretty good game.

Most of the shots were not from the outside, nor harmless. When Lovejoy plays as many minutes as he did tonight, you're not seeing many harmless shots.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Have the Devils been more screwed on PS calls or boarding calls this season? It's amazing how many screw jobs there has been on both types.

I'm more annoyed at the latter cause those are actual injury type situations in addition to screwing us out of PP's (or onto PK's).

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Would've liked to see Blandisi or Bennett go over JQ and Zacha but whatevs.

I don't mind either of them going, but those attempts were awful. JQ has a great shot, and he should use it. I'm honestly not sure what to think of Zachas skill with the puck, but I think it's all mental for him. He just seemed afraid to screw up and took a low percentage shot. Hall got his PS chance essentially and blew it. It's hard to complain about him though. He's basically all the team has going for it with the exception of games against the rags where everyone looks decent or the flyers where everyone looks like superstars.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I feel like we should photoshop Hall onto Bill Murray's face in the scene where he's driving the groundhog off the cliff in Groundhog Day. There was one with Cory photoshopped there from a few seasons back :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coasting, non-attacking, zero support.

That's Hynes hockey in a nutshell.

About as much attacking as an army of Quakers.

I see as much support as a deadbeat dad pays in child support.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We didn't deserve a point.

We sat back, coasted, get outshot by a zillion.

The third goal was stoppable on Cory, but it's a shot he shouldn't have had to face with us on the PP.

This game was AWFUL, it was masked by Cory having a pretty good game.

Most of the shots were not from the outside, nor harmless. When Lovejoy plays as many minutes as he did tonight, you're not seeing many harmless shots.

He was actually pretty decent this game. If it wasn't for him, it never gets to OT. Several posts by the jets too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't mind either of them going, but those attempts were awful. JQ has a great shot, and he should use it. I'm honestly not sure what to think of Zachas skill with the puck, but I think it's all mental for him. He just seemed afraid to screw up and took a low percentage shot. Hall got his PS chance essentially and blew it. It's hard to complain about him though. He's basically all the team has going for it with the exception of games against the rags where everyone looks decent or the flyers where everyone looks like superstars.

I don't even think we looked great against the Rangers.

Better than tonight, but not by much.

The Flyers are the only opponent we face where everybody looks good.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I guess, but it seems to come up only like once or twice a year - most players don't have enough awareness to do this. If more teams/players did this maybe it would get legislated against more harshly.

Plus how do you tell an intentional penalty from an unintentional one? That's just giving the refs yet another judgement call.

Refs generally swallow the whistles in OT. If you get a call in OT it is usually well deserved.

There are plenty of obscure rules that almost never get used in the rulebook. One more won't hurt, especially for a league trying to push safety.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was actually pretty decent this game. If it wasn't for him, it never gets to OT. Several posts by the jets too.

Agreed.

This game was MUCH uglier than the final score indicated.

Can't say it was the worst game all season, since about 75% of our games have looked like this. Even many of our wins.

We were the far inferior team tonight and the far inferior defense.

It burns my ass to see people judging these games on the score alone. Cory allows 2 or 3 goals on 40 shots, team played good and kept them to the outside. Shots weren't as bad as the shot clock indicated! Cory allows 5 goals on 25 shots, team played poorly, didn't box out, too many turnovers, too soft, etc, etc.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't even think we looked great against the Rangers.

Better than tonight, but not by much.

The Flyers are the only opponent we face where everybody looks good.

Well, by decent I mean at least they are trying. Those two teams are the only two that seem to motivate this team to give half a damn. I know they aren't good, but the lack of focus and effort most nights is infuriating, most especially when you watch how they play against the aforementioned teams. I think a not-insignificant part of the Devils issue this year can be attributed to a lack of focus or intensity. It's not like they don't know what to do, it's just that they can't be bothered to do it quickly, or consistently. Unless we are talking about LJ, who just straight sucks and really doesn't know what to do, how to do it, or why to do it.

Confidence is another factor. I think it started as confidence waning significantly and it morphed into an apathy the coach was unable to pull them out of.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Big picture I could care less that they didn't get the extra point.

But I'm sick of the leagues officials disrespecting and screwing us on calls.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Big picture, I'm kinda pissed they got any points.

But yeah, the double standard the league lives by regarding top teams versus bottom teams is absurd. Imagine what would have happened to Wilson had he hit even some scrub from the pens instead of Moore. Wilson might be out of the league.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

I'm typically not a complainer about the officiating and normally get annoyed when the whining starts in here but this year it's been hard to bite my tongue. From the non call when Wilson tried to kill Moore, to Zacha getting a boarding call in the next game or two, the way the Price vs Palmieri was handled, and the plethora of non calls with regard to Hall has driven me absolutely crazy. The officiating has been horrible in the Devils games and it seems they're on the short end of the stick on an almost nightly basis.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
I'm glad Hall gave them an earful after the non-call on the penalty shot. It's getting ridiculous.

Welcome to the reason your calls have dried up this year. we saw the same thing in edmonton for many many season. His mouth is a known commodity in the reffing community. I'm sure it earned you another "missed" call.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Welcome to the reason your calls have dried up this year. we saw the same thing in edmonton for many many season. His mouth is a known commodity in the reffing community. I'm sure it earned you another "missed" call.

He's been pretty good with not saying much to them. The whole team has. But him giving them an earful last night was totally justified. If you get a chance to see highlights of the game, see if they show it.

It was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad