vkPgyrr.gif

h0oiwNR.jpg

ZuWpT6o.png

qOOVMzt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
This is an interesting game because the Jets are much more talented than we are and yet they're a disgrace of an organization. Give us Scheifele, Laine, Buff and Trouba and we're a playoff team.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
This is an interesting game because the Jets are much more talented than we are and yet they're a disgrace of an organization. Give us Scheifele, Laine, Buff and Trouba and we're a playoff team.

The whole team is composed of thoroughbreds but they refuse to adhere to Maurice's structure. They ultimately may have to trade some of them.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
11th loss in a row here we come. I'd honestly be shocked if we won a game at this point.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Historical blizzard... Lol. Must be nice to get paid to be wrong almost all the time. They weren't even close on this one. *Looks like I'll be going to the game tonight. Barely have anything here.*

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This game is meaningless and I wish no players get hurt on either side. Really should be postponed.

No it shouldn't be because it's not even anywhere as bad as they predicted. Roads near me are fine.

Last edited:

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
To be fair, it's a massive storm, it just shifted partially away from NJ/NYC. Upstate and northern New England are going to get crushed. We were on the edge of it, which is where the uncertainty always is.

This game is meaningless and I wish no players get hurt on either side. Really should be postponed.

It's tough to postpone a game so late in the season. Not much time to fit it in elsewhere, especially for an opponent that has to travel.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kind of surprising to me, hopefully they allow you the option to get a refund the way they do in baseball for a rainout. I assume at worst the tickets for tonight will be good for the 28th.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I can't believe they postponed when we have had gotten much worse and still played. Bunch of pansies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can't believe they postponed when we have had gotten much worse and still played. Bunch of pansies.

Well tbh the league made the wrong decision in 2010 making the team play in the Toronto blizzard, that doesn't mean they should make the wrong decision again now and endanger the workers/officials/media who are coming from areas that are affected by the blizzard. I'm sure the fact there was a state of emergency declared so early influenced the decision a bit too.

Ironically the travel edge goes to us on the postponement since poor Winnipeg has home games on the 26th/30th and in between gets to make a cross-continent trip to play us.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Well tbh the league made the wrong decision in 2010 making the team play in the Toronto blizzard, that doesn't mean they should make the wrong decision again now and endanger the workers/officials/media who are coming from areas that are affected by the blizzard.

To be fair that was a way worse storm, hell even that blues game from a few years ago was worse than this. I'm just surprised by this.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh it was definitely a worse storm - although this one ain't over yet here. Maybe the league had in mind Elias and Zajac getting stuck in their car overnight during that one and erred on the side of caution this time, especially with two teams out of the playoff hunt.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Winnipeg can just take the win, no need to bother replaying this one.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wpg had a late game last night that went to OT.

A good thing that the game was postponed if you take the Long View as a Devils fan.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
The storm is not as bad as I was expecting, but it's still pretty bad by me. There's probably a foot or so on the ground but it's tough to tell exactly how much because of the wind blowing it everywhere. Some areas are like a foot and a half, other areas are less than 6 inches so I can't really tell. I think they made the right decision. No need to play the game if they can make it up later

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The storm is not as bad as I was expecting, but it's still pretty bad by me. There's probably a foot or so on the ground but it's tough to tell exactly how much because of the wind blowing it everywhere. Some areas are like a foot and a half, other areas are less than 6 inches so I can't really tell. I think they made the right decision. No need to play the game if they can make it up later

It's still snowing and a lot of areas got ice too.
Even the rain/sleet areas will ice up tonight when temps dip.

See ya on the 28th.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
It's still snowing and a lot of areas got ice too.
Even the rain/sleet areas will ice up tonight when temps dip.

See ya on the 28th.

That's what I'm worried about for my commute tomorrow. AWD is great for snow but it doesn't help for **** on a sheet of ice

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg

You give us Schneider and we are a play-off team ;) ... it is true about disgrace tough ...

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You give us Schneider and we are a play-off team ;) ... it is true about disgrace tough ...

If I had to pick a Western team to cheer for, it would be the Jets.

I used to like the original Jets with Teemu, Hawerchuk, Smail, Steen, etc.
I also liked the original jerseys better than what's worn now too.

But, I hope you guys win a lot of games the rest of this season.
Your prospect pool is certainly bright, very shrewd drafting the past 5 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad