GDT: Devils vs. Islanders - 6:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Billdo,

This is true but I think everyone is just blowing off steam to end the season. This has been so frustrating to deal with that's it's just a release at this point. The team has been dog **** for months now.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Because they are paying him 5 million per year and he has lost two steps and has about 8 goals half of which came in one game. He looks through to me.

I agree with you 100%, but like I said, nobody is taking an underperforming 35 year old with 1 year on a $5M contract in an expansion draft. And as bad as he has been, he's (sadly) still one of our team's better offensive players. :cry:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
They need to stop showing Hynes' face. I just want to punt my TV out the window every time his miserable ****ing clueless face pops up on it haha.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
At least last year this team had the common ****ing courtesy of getting one goddamned lousy win in the end.

This year's team? They couldn't ad-lib a ****ing fart at a bean eating contest.

It stinks to lose but immediately after the game you will feel better just upping the odds for the lottery hopefully.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shattenkirk coming here I feel isn't happening. This team isn't appealing, even more so with a **** coaching staff.

Shhhh!!!!

Hynes is highly regarded around the league. Patrick Kane already gave him a vote of confidence and a ringing endorsement! Everyone at USA hockey knows this!

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Why in the hell would this team keep a regressing aging small slow forward who can't stay healthy? His offensive talent / skill is no longer there and it's not worth having him on this team with his contract and him dragging down what ever line he is on.

Exactly, if we can't trade him, Vegas doesn't take him and he can't go on LTIR then we should just buy him out.

I'm confident we can replace his 2 goals in the last 41 games, it's not like he's good defensively or contributes in other ways. He's toast, offense was all he offered and even that's gone now.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
idk why you guys are even getting worked up over this anymore. It's been over since December and it's been a **** show the entire year minus the 9-3-3 start (member that? I member). It is what it is. Hopefully we win the lottery, hopefully (insert your pick here) is taken in the expansion draft, hopefully Shattenkirk takes a bazillion dollars from us, etc. Wrap up this season with another loss tomorrow and leave it alone.

Well as Nelson Muntz so famously said "meh, gotta nuke something" the fans here must complain about something. It's been a long season and it's been a long season for about 5 years now. We're all fed up but it's really not going to get much better for awhile. Why people are steaming over game 81 of a season that was over 2 months ago is amusing but not surprising. It'll be over after tomorrow thankfully.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Billdo,

This is true but I think everyone is just blowing off steam to end the season. This has been so frustrating to deal with that's it's just a release at this point. The team has been dog **** for months now.

It's been a brutal season.

Which is why I'd rather end it with a blowout win, to give me something nice to remember as the season ended.

Or knocking this team out.

I hate the Islanders so much, I would root for the Rangers over them in a playoff series. Just to stick it to the people that think we should be united with the Islanders and all the ''The Islanders are my second favorite team!'' Devils fans that there are. That's not the anger of this game talking, I truly mean that. Unless you used to be an Islanders fan before the Devils were in New Jersey, I think having the Isles as a second favorite team for a Devils fan is a joke.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well as Nelson Muntz so famously said "meh, gotta nuke something" the fans here must complain about something. It's been a long season and it's been a long season for about 5 years now. We're all fed up but it's really not going to get much better for awhile. Why people are steaming over game 81 of a season that was over 2 months ago is amusing but not surprising. It'll be over after tomorrow thankfully.

I'm more mad that we're helping the Islanders get into the playoffs.

Maybe it could be fun watching the Capitals nuke (HOPEFULLY) them real good in round one.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Also funny that nobody is killing Kinkaid after every goal, guess none of these were easy saves like every single goal Schneider gives up?

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Maybe Hynes will get mugged in the parking lot and he'll be scared to work for the team and quit.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Outside of our hot start this season has been nothing but ineptitude and futility. In my eyes keeping Hynes (or any of the coaching staff for that matter) is indefensible at this point, but I know they'll all be back next year, with Cammalleri & Lovejoy still logging significant minutes.

I hope to god i'm wrong, but I get the impression I won't be.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Also funny that nobody is killing Kinkaid after every goal, guess none of these were easy saves like every single goal Schneider gives up?

Expectations are different. No one expects Kinkaid to be a world beater. He's what he is: average to above-average backup.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Billdo,

Oh trust me I get it, guess I'm just calmer than a lot of posters. Some of you guys seem legitimately mad about today's game. I have come to expect this unfortunately and it's accepted at this point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They need to stop showing Hynes' face. I just want to punt my TV out the window every time his miserable ****ing clueless face pops up on it haha.

Time to rest up! You got only 6 more months to get ready for season 3 of coasting, non-attacking and zero support!

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I used to root for the Isles as my second team because I'm from LI and my cousin, who got me into hockey, was a die hard Isles fan.

But Tavares made me rethink that. Maybe when he goes to Toronto and the Isles don't move to Quebec or Hartford, I'll root for them again

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

The first goal was absolutely pathetic.

I don't think he had a chance on any of the other 3.

Great! Andersen injured and Backuphaney in for Toronto! I can already see the Islanders players becoming aroused.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I used to root for the Isles as my second team because I'm from LI and my cousin, who got me into hockey, was a die hard Isles fan.

But Tavares made me rethink that. Maybe when he goes to Toronto and the Isles don't move to Quebec or Hartford, I'll root for them again
I really just hate that we're supposed to like them and they're not our enemy like the Rangers and Flyers. I suspect that's only because we've had one meaningful playoff series against them and they were generally not very competitive for the almost two decades that we were.

What are you talking about? The goal that was on the ice and hit the post was brutal.
Goal 1 was brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad