GDT: Devils vs. Islanders - 6:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Apparently Severson was benched for a "soft pinch"

In case anyone cares

Severson started the game turning it over TWICE on his first shift with 'I don't give a **** about this game' lazy, dumb passes, he should have been benched then. People harp on the fact he has turnovers because he's attacking the play but those weren't attacking the play turnovers, just stupid ones.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hope the fans start booing.

Not at the effort, but the fact that this level of (low and no) scoring should not be acceptable after this year.

I would leave this miserable game if I were in attendance today. I don't care if it's the last game of the season.

I didn't leave the game early even though I wanted to...but I didn't stay to give these clowns a sendoff either, they didn't deserve one this year - the only time other than two years ago I've felt that way.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Severson started the game turning it over TWICE on his first shift with 'I don't give a **** about this game' lazy, dumb passes, he should have been benched then. People harp on the fact he has turnovers because he's attacking the play but those weren't attacking the play turnovers, just stupid ones.

I don't really see it with Severson tbh. He definitely has some skill and he's still young but His game doesn't do much for me.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't leave the game early even though I wanted to...but I didn't stay to give these clowns a sendoff either, they didn't deserve one this year - the only time other than two years ago I've felt that way.

There was a point where I was so mad, I would have left the game with both middle fingers in the air.

It's downright offensive to watch how bad this team is at offense. Even when they have 100 shots on goal, they can't even even muster up a cartload of goals.

Watching a naked streaker run across the ice would have been easier on the eyes and more entertaining than watching this team struggle to score.

It's now on Shero to improve the scoring, with his ''You have to score goals to win games and more than 1 goal'' or whatever his quote was upon getting hired.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There was a point where I was so mad, I would have left the game with both middle fingers in the air.

It's downright offensive to watch how bad this team is at offense. Even when they have 100 shots on goal, they can't even even muster up a cartload of goals.

Watching a naked streaker run across the ice would have been easier on the eyes and more entertaining than watching this team struggle to score.

It's now on Shero to improve the scoring, with his ''You have to score goals to win games and more than 1 goal'' or whatever his quote was upon getting hired.

The GO LEAFS GO chants were the only entertaining part of the third period, at least the crowd was with you and me wanting the Isles to spit it :P

And for the record I wasn't really on the hate the Isles bandwagon like you till Tavares really became noticeable pulling his cheap crap the last couple years. Now they're more or less dead to me.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
The GO LEAFS GO chants were the only entertaining part of the third period, at least the crowd was with you and me wanting the Isles to spit it :P

And for the record I wasn't really on the hate the Isles bandwagon like you till Tavares really became noticeable pulling his cheap crap the last couple years. Now they're more or less dead to me.

Well Toronto just went ahead with under 3 to go in the third. New York light will hopefully be dead in a few short minutes lol

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
devils have only one good young defenseman and people trying to pick him apart lol. difference between his and Santini's age is 7 months. young offense oriented d's mistakes are magnified on a team as bad as this one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I just hate the fact that we're supposed to be aligned with them in the eyes of some. I hate that it's cool for Devils fan to be at peace with the Islanders, more than the Flyers or Rangers.

I would root for the Rangers over the Islanders in a playoff series, just to **** people off at this point. Just because it would get a rise out of some fans who think we should like them.
Don't like the Islanders but I hate Toronto 1000x more

It's like choosing between would you rather throw up? Or have diarrhea?

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
devils have only one good young defenseman and people trying to pick him apart lol. difference between his and Santini's age is 7 months. young offense oriented d's mistakes are magnified on a team as bad as this one.

I think most of it is just frustration, he's a good player just not a great one(not yet anyway). A lot was expected of him, unfair as it may have been, so its understandable people are critical. He's still a kid, I don't see him developing into a top pairing player but that doesn't mean he can't be a very useful dman.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well Toronto just went ahead with under 3 to go in the third. New York light will hopefully be dead in a few short minutes lol

Halak's time to shine will be next year.

Until then, 2010 forever baby!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll start to complain about Severson after Lovejoy and Moore are off the team.

Until then, we have much larger plagues on this team. Lovejoy being on par with 2013 Salvador at this point.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I love Devils hockey but I'm sick of watching this team out shoot their opponents yet still give up a sh!t ton of goals and lose. I'm glad I'm done going until September cause this has been painful.

The Elias stuff was great but at the same time another reminder of how great we use to be. 5 straight seasons of no playoffs and I just don't see how we make it next year either.

**** the Islanders and their dipsh!t fans yelling on the way out, an hour later and they are out of the playoffs too. ****ing idiots.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
We lose because we don't have any defenseman like Severson, not because we have defenseman like Severson. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Thinking Severson is average or bad is a Hynesian mindset. Maybe it's spreading to this fanbase.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I love Devils hockey but I'm sick of watching this team out shoot their opponents yet still give up a sh!t ton of goals and lose. I'm glad I'm done going until September cause this has been painful.

The Elias stuff was great but at the same time another reminder of how great we use to be. 5 straight seasons of no playoffs and I just don't see how we make it next year either.

**** the Islanders and their dipsh!t fans yelling on the way out, an hour later and they are out of the playoffs too. ****ing idiots.
We barely ever outshoot the opponent like this though. We did on Thursday too, but that's because the Pens had their 5 or 6 (and eventually 7) goals before they even reached the 20 shot mark. So they didn't need to get their usual 38-40 shots on us.
We lose because we don't have any defenseman like Severson, not because we have defenseman like Severson. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Thinking Severson is average or bad is a Hynesian mindset. Maybe it's spreading to this fanbase.
I'm okay with Hynes benching a player for what Severson did tonight.

What I'm not okay with is how we've seen worse from Lovejoy almost every game, and he seems to get his minutes increased when he's awful.

I just want a sign, a secret hand signal, something to indicate that we're overloading Lovejoy because he gives us the best chance to allow the most scoring chances and goals against.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
We barely ever outshoot the opponent like this though. We did on Thursday too, but that's because the Pens had their 5 or 6 (and eventually 7) goals before they even reached the 20 shot mark. So they didn't need to get their usual 38-40 shots on us.

I'm okay with Hynes benching a player for what Severson did tonight.

What I'm not okay with is how we've seen worse from Lovejoy almost every game, and he seems to get his minutes increased when he's awful.

I just want a sign, a secret hand signal, something to indicate that we're overloading Lovejoy because he gives us the best chance to allow the most scoring chances and goals against.

I will admit Severson played a lousy game tonight. But I still wouldn't bench him. Maybe if we were a stacked team that was top 5 in the league, you give him a night off for it, but come on. Lovejoy has played 80 ****** games this year and he hasn't been benched. Moore has played 150+ ****** games for us since he's been here. He hasn't been benched. The team gets drastically worse with Severson on the bench. Again, I'm fine with the turnovers since it's statistically shown night in and night out the team generates most of it's chances with him on the ice. Like I've said all year, the second the talent on this team collectively improves, Severson will turn into a fan favorite for this team. Once we get forwards that can actually finish, Severson will be appreciated more.

But you're right. The Lovejoy love-fest is mindboggling. I'm starting to get convinced he might even get protected which could by far be the worst thing this organization could do. Because if he gets protected, you automatically have to dismiss Hynes/Shero's credibility. Then you know those two just don't have a clue what is needed to build/manage a successful team. Now I still trust Shero, but like you know, I'm done with Hynes. If he isn't playing Lovejoy for the tank, then he seriously cannot evaluate talent. And I don't want to hear from anyone else that there aren't better options. Because there are. Prout/Hegelson/Auvitu all are. Which is one of the saddest sentences I've written lol.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
One big criticism I have of Hynes is his handling of Severson. It's not quite DeBoer-Larsson bad but when we're a young team that doesn't have expectations I'd be more forgiving on the young guys. Then again, Severson is very mistake prone so maybe he just makes one too many for Hynes to totally let it slide. Now lord knows LJ and Moore make 10x as many, just don't understand why Seves gets the harsh treatment.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
One big criticism I have of Hynes is his handling of Severson. It's not quite DeBoer-Larsson bad but when we're a young team that doesn't have expectations I'd be more forgiving on the young guys. Then again, Severson is very mistake prone so maybe he just makes one too many for Hynes to totally let it slide. Now lord knows LJ and Moore make 10x as many, just don't understand why Seves gets the harsh treatment.

Well two wrongs don't make a right. I'm fine with being hard on Sevs though I agree there should be SOME point where Lovejoy or Moore find wrath too. Although Moore actually hasn't been that bad lately.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

yeah we could use a few more -30 dmen

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Well I think we all know the book on Moore, he's been worse than imagined this season though. LJ was supposed to be a vet who logs some tough minutes and stablaizes the back end but he's been so bad I don't even have words for it.

Worst part is they both are here beyond next season unless Vegas does us a huge favor or we swindle some poor GM out of a bag of pucks.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
yeah we could use a few more -30 dmen

+/- is a really great stat.

Why don't you mention his point totals? Or the fact that he's the only defenseman on this team that is at 50% in Corsi For%?

Hero charts aren't close to everything but it's sure is a helluva a lot better than bringing up +/-

rhsQAnq.png

22 years old have some perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: