GDT: Devils vs. Hurricanes - 3:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Jesus, outshot 35-21 and out chanced 22-10.

Given how somewhat close these last two games have been while the shots have been so far apart, this to me screams the coaching philosophy needs to change more so than the roster. Especially since we’re missing so many regulars as well.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
We should let go of Mojo at the deadline.

There are 1-2 slots left in the top six. If we draft a forward this year, there's one. We have enough depth at the prospect level to think that someone will become that 40-50 pt. player that slots in there during the next few years, not to mention that Zacha, Anderson and Wood have all progressed to varying degrees.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
The second goal should have never happened on him because Gabriel shouldn't be playing with 4 minutes left, unless it's a 3+ goal or more lead.

Personally, I don't think Gabriel should be playing a second in the NHL ever.

I can't let this one go. That's so annoying that Hynes has him out there with minutes left and he thugs his way into fighting with people who don't even fight.

Goons in the NHL is stupid.
I was saying something similar. He is not an NHL player, has no potential to be. I'd much rather get a look at someone like Bastian, or bring Qville back up or just someone that may have a future here moving forward. Hell, give me Blake Speers.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I can't wait to see what Bratt and Hischier become in 2-3 years

Zacha settling nicely into the 3C type role. Great defensively and on the PK and is showing some flashes of offense. Good to see the slight uptick in points

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I can't wait to see what Bratt and Hischier become in 2-3 years

Zacha settling nicely into the 3C type role. Great defensively and on the PK and is showing some flashes of offense. Good to see the slight uptick in points

Yeah, I just don't want to count on him as a 2c like we were banking on him being this year. Treat him as a 3c / 4c, but maybe you'll get something much, much better later on. I haven't given up hope that he's just taking a while, going Kadri route of NHL progression. Kadri couldn't even get into the lineup regularly his first three years.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
That pass by Bratt was so slick! Heard he had a good game. Zacha's slowly becoming an NHL player. Praying for a breakout season next year.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
From this interview, MoJo doesn't seem to realize the Devils' are out of the playoffs.

Apparently he hasn't yet progressed past the "Denial" phase.

Kubler-Ross-curve.jpg

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I understand he hasn’t necessarily impressed and certainly hasn’t stayed healthy, but Mojo is still at around his career average at .51 PPG this year.

If he comes on a short term deal to stay at a similar cap hit, he still holds value to our team. I’m not saying commit long term if that’s what he sticks to, but if you can keep him around for now on a short term deal, there are certainly way worse investments you can make in UFA.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Zacha's next contract could end up being a steal because of his "slow" progress.
I actually posed the question to someone on what to do with his next contract. Do you do the short term, low AAV contract that is more commiserate with what he's actually done? Say something akin to what Wood signed this year? Or do you just go for broke, pay him well over what his market worth would probably be, and just hope that he breaks out and get some really great value on the back end? Say something similar to the Severson deal with a little inflation (6 / 27 or 28)

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I actually posed the question to someone on what to do with his next contract. Do you do the short term, low AAV contract that is more commiserate with what he's actually done? Say something akin to what Wood signed this year? Or do you just go for broke, pay him well over what his market worth would probably be, and just hope that he breaks out and get some really great value on the back end? Say something similar to the Severson deal with a little inflation (6 / 27 or 28)

As in Severson money, 4.1 million? That's way too much.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I think, even buying some of those UFA years, you can get the number down further. Zacha's put up numbers that say bottom six player and those are the guys that are currently getting squeezed in the market right now.

It depends on how aggressive his agent is, because they'll see what the thinking is obviously, but he doesn't exactly have that much leverage aside from some of the important minutes he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad