GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yes you can...happens in every league. Happens plenty to me.
"Every league" is not the NHL. I don't care what happens in some beer league or minor league. Being in the crease itself is not prohibited, but you can't prevent the goalie from moving or making saves. It's right in the rulebook.

Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgement of the Referee(s), but may be subject to a Coach’s Challenge (see Rule 78.7).

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
"Every league" is not the NHL. I don't care what happens in some beer league or minor league. Being in the crease itself is not prohibited, but you can't prevent the goalie from moving or making saves. It's right in the rulebook.

That's exactly what they'll reference if a tweet is sent out

Signal

Jan 18, 2018
Big Mac attack!!! Congratulations!!! What a great win during a disappointing season.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Blackwood looks so composed and calm. Place was rocking. Zacha had another fantastic game. Love him at the point on the PP. Wood-Zacha-Noesen was a beast of a line all day.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Even with the horrible officiating the team didn’t deserve that break, they were awful the last fifty minutes other than the PK. But the kid darn well deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad