GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's not how it works... he barely touched the goalie... it's not a goal as the call on the ice was no goal.
If Blackwood had done what most veteran NHL goalies do and just went out into Williams back, there is no way it counts. Blackwood is a rookie who doesn't know to do that, but you can't go plant yourself in the crease and prevent the goalie from moving.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
If Blackwood had done what most veteran NHL goalies do and just went out into Williams back, there is no way it counts. Blackwood is a rookie who doesn't know to do that, but you can't go plant yourself in the crease and prevent the goalie from moving.
Yes you can...happens in every league. Happens plenty to me.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The crease has to matter. Canes player backed MBW into a spot he didn’t want to be. That should always be a form of interference. I’m not saying it is I’m saying it should be
It usually is because veteran goalies will stand their ground and be clearly interfered with. Blackwood stayed back and tried to look around him, you can't just go stand anywhere in the crease and force the goalie to play around you, that is goaltender interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad