GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupont

Jun 23, 2015
nice win. couldnt watch the game yet though. so glad Blackwood gets another win. Big Zacha too.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that today’s game is a loss with either Cory or Keith in net. 5 games is a small sample but I’m fully convinced that Blackwood gives this team its best chance to win.

I dunno. It's not even 5 games. It's only 10 periods. I hope he keeps it up, but we really gotta temper our expectations.

Let's see how MBW reacts to shots that are high glove and stick. I'm OLD, and I can remember back to the early '80s when the Islanders played the Canadiens in the playoffs. Montreal's goaltender Steve Penney stopped EVERYTHING low but couldn't stop high glove. Montreal led the series 2-0, but when NY figured that out and began shooting high, the series was OVER in 6 games.

Give the league and MBW some time. Let's hope the league loses. :thumbu:

Reactions: Nubmer6

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
They need to find a way to keep Zacha on the PP even when Hall and Johansson are back. He looked great again yesterday

Johansson
Hall - Boyle/Zajac - Palmieri
Butcher

Wood
Zacha-Hischier-Bratt
Vatanen/Severson

But what I think what the coaching staff will do is this:

Boyle
Hall-Zajac-Palmieri
Butcher

Johansson
Severson-Hischier-Bratt
Vatanen

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I swear he reads these forums (and he might very well). He used emojis that we picked here for players that didn't get one yet (although most were pretty obvious) and he posts this now.

If you're here KK, I love ya man :thumbu:

I'm a big Kink fan, local guy, grew up a Marty fan, he was so big last year and got us into the playoffs

I think he will win us some games this season too. He's not finished.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm a big Kink fan, local guy, grew up a Marty fan, he was so big last year and got us into the playoffs

This is his first time with so many starts. A little break will do him good. Nice to have a challenger too.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Sorry, I'm not going to go gaga over Zacha just yet. We've seen this over and over and over. A nice spurt of promising play only to disappear once again. Let's see how the rest of his year pans out.

No one is saying that Zacha is 'fixed'. Still, I don't think it can be denied - his best games this year are better than his best games from last year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I think he may benefit from getting some games off during this time and play more efficiently when he gets back in there.

Reactions: Nubmer6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad