GDT: Devils vs. Ducks - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Do the Devils make it to the first commercial break without giving up a goal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
At least a below average game He wasn't a difference maker regardless of workload. We all know thats what this team needs in net. Which aligns to your point in your previous post.
Agree with you. He wasn’t anything worth praising the last three contests.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
E2B79657-3184-40CB-9774-A3E92E0A64D5.jpeg
We’re #1 at being #2!

Reactions: Comparison Ford

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
dunno hynes devils have been consistent. consistently bad.

also whats the PP % with hall and without?

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
dunno hynes devils have been consistent. consistently bad.

also whats the PP % with hall and without?
Probably not markedly different. Power play has been rancid milk all year long. Outside of K Palms hot start on the PP. There’s nothing good about it. It’s not in sync. There’s no cohesion. It kills momentum. That’s on the coaches. They have no answer.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even Dano (who is MUCH better on the post game than in-game) said that goal 2 on Blackwood was one where he could have squeezed tighter on.

I didn't nail him on that one, there was an ass right in his face and that may have even been deflected on top of that.

Sal even said Blackwood could have had the Isles third goal the other day.

I'm telling you people, my stoppable goal analytics have now been moved to the Devils broacast!!!!!!

Well, kind of kidding, but just a little bit.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As I said with Blackwood, we knew he wasn't the .963% goalie from his first 5 starts. Is he the .880%-whatever goalie he has been since then? He may be somewhere in the middle and he's still a .924% on the season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He played against Detroit and was bad. He played against Ottawa and was bad. The Devils were also playing better. This isn't 11 out of 15 games. It's not funny. Maybe the Quality of Competition affected Kinkaid's play and he's a better goalie than most of this board thinks. Why is that a bad thing?
I actually thought he wasn't as bad against Ottawa or Winnipeg as the goals against. I only counted 2 goals he could have had out of those 9 in those 2 games combined. He looked BAD in the Winnipeg game, but not so much on the goals against, as he just did in net. Moving around, too slow, no mobility from side to side. Looked physically disabled.

The bad games were Detroit (2 bad goals, lost by one goal, you can point to goaltending losing that one for us), Tampa Bay (3 bad goals on 5 allowed) and Anaheim, with 2 bad goals and 3 own goals). Vegas was about to be another if we didn't complete the comeback. 2 very bad goals on 3 allowed.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would also nail Gibson on the Bratt goal (just straight up beaten clean to the glove). Great shot though.

Gibson has been the best goalie in the league this year too in my eyes.

Reactions: glenwo2

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
The faster they part ways with hynes the better. I’d welcome a shitty start to next season to make sure it happens. Then again that may result with him getting another extension.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Even Dano (who is MUCH better on the post game than in-game) said that goal 2 on Blackwood was one where he could have squeezed tighter on.

I didn't nail him on that one, there was an ass right in his face and that may have even been deflected on top of that.

Sal even said Blackwood could have had the Isles third goal the other day.

I'm telling you people, my stoppable goal analytics have now been moved to the Devils broacast!!!!!!

Well, kind of kidding, but just a little bit.

right, dano said it on goal two, you disagreed. you say it on goal 3, i disagree. that’s the problem. it’s completely subjective, and as a byproduct, worthless.

I would also nail Gibson on the Bratt goal (just straight up beaten clean to the glove). Great shot though.

Gibson has been the best goalie in the league this year too in my eyes.

again, this is absurd. devils had the man advantage, bratt had all day to walk in and roof a perfect shot. AND it was a mini 2 on 1, gibson knew that if bratt passed and connected it would be a tap in

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Mac was not good today

Few Devils were today

if the ducks had 30 shots in the 2nd and MB stopped them all, would you have said he was good, despite letting 3 in? i’m guessing yes. so whether or not he was good depends on how many shots he sees, which he has no control over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad