GDT: Devils vs. Capitals - 7pm, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Assuming that's their home broadcast then I get it, they'll always try to talk up their own team and look on the bright side. Dano's had years of practice there. But to downplay the Devils in the same sentence when they're now tied for first in the league for points is kinda funny

I mean for all of Dano's faults, the guy has been around this team for 40 years, he's gonna have a lot of bias but he also gives teams a ton of credit. He said Shesty should win the MVP multiple times when we played the Rangers last year, he's given credit to the Islanders for his runs. It's just so dismissive to say "lolz Devils got bailed" when they've legit been playing well the past month and half.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

This guy is complaining about tonight's game when xG when we lost the game in October by an unluckier margin. Tonight's xG was mid 2's for both teams, we had like a 4 xG and the caps had like xG of 2.5 in that game that Blackwood sold. It's insane how stupid people are when it comes to hockey.

(tonight's game)

(Game in October)

I don’t think he’s complaining about how
a local broadcast naturally play up the good things their team did and say their team was “maybe the better team” when they lose.

At least I hope not because that’a how local broadcasts work.

I assume they’re annoyed by the “they aren’t all that” and “are a reaching (?) team” whatever the f*** that is. Which are kind of goofy things to say (I can’t even sort of imagine Sal saying it) but I don’t know if anyone needs to care about this.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
After everything that I’ve seen this season, I super strongly believe that we should have been kind of good last season. I think if things go our way, we would have been somewhat good last season and this current run wouldn’t be out of nowhere.

I don’t think we would have been a 100 point team, but I do think we could have somehow been a 95 point team that was a 5 game exit in the first round of the playoffs.

I think if things went by design we probably would have been that last year.

And didn’t most models have us at around 91 points? So 95 points wouldn’t have been a huge stretch.

And hats off to some of those models that had us as a 110 point team before the season started. That had a lot us shaking our heads, but those guys aren’t looking so funny anymore. There were a couple guys that did models that really liked us and did somewhat predict this surge in their models.

HA No.

Marino alone. Hamilton being hurt. Nico man strength. Haula > Zacha. Zetterlund. Wood. Simplifying the system. Assistant coaches. Brendan frigging Smith > Ty Smith and keeping Severson under 18minutes TOI with a defensive first plug. Everyone backchecking.

There is SO much different from last year's team. You drop one of those things and lose 10 standing points. Hell Marino might be worth 15.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
B568B76B-650F-4FC5-9777-C122AA4ACE2F.jpeg

AF5256A1-78D0-43AF-8028-E1235AE99746.jpeg
84C3F8D6-AF28-47F2-A765-339A9CE230F8.jpeg

6A8E067F-FD53-4E2D-891C-0CC0AD9A9D07.jpeg

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
So whats our favourite Devil drink now? Is it still Pickle Juice or does Gato get the nod?

Pickle Juice VS Gato!

FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: