GDT: Devils vs. Capitals - 7pm, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
So whats our favourite Devil drink now? Is it still Pickle Juice or does Gato get the nod?

Pickle Juice VS Gato!

FIGHT!

FF8B09C2-3029-4B25-B25A-523172430009.jpeg

Gato!

B8CEEA0F-6871-49BA-BD6E-0434DB5386EB.jpeg

Gato!​

8C3E46B0-9135-4AA8-8AFA-52A9052A4C8B.jpeg

GATO!!!​

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Tonight:

My friend living in Florida who I haven’t seen in person since 2018 was there with me tonight.

I saw my first hat trick in person and it was Jack f***ing Hughes.

The Devils didn’t play their best game and it looked like the old nemesis Caps were still gonna be a pain in our ass even in a down year for them… Until they absolutely f***ing obliterated them. Holy shit, they literally just stuck to the plan and Jack went off and everything fell into place.

I got shitfaced.

Devils are 18-4.

Everything is beautiful.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
In the after game Presser Lindy was asked what he learned from Bowman who also had 800 wins. One of the things he said he learned is that a defenceman can be turned into a Winger as Bowman did to him.

I didn't know that happened I wonder if that means one of our Defenceman will chan--

WAIT IS THAT DOUGIE HAMILTONS MUSIC?!?!?

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
HA No.

Marino alone. Hamilton being hurt. Nico man strength. Haula > Zacha. Zetterlund. Wood. Simplifying the system. Assistant coaches. Brendan frigging Smith > Ty Smith and keeping Severson under 18minutes TOI with a defensive first plug. Everyone backchecking.

There is SO much different from last year's team. You drop one of those things and lose 10 standing points. Hell Marino might be worth 15.
Agreed on all points but somehow you forgot to mention:

VV/Akira >>>>> 7 Goalies

Camille the Eel

Love Jack getting his first hattrick and watching the contempt he has for interviews makes me laugh. Vitek really won the game for NJ.

The thing that still has me annoyed is Wood taking a penalty after going up 4-0. Was it questionable? Sure. But I really can't stand the way he plays the game. Sure, its effective sometimes, but he has next to zero game awareness...there was no need to go all kamikaze after the puck right there. Ruined Vitek's shutout.
Is it really contempt, do you think ? Funny because it’s part of the game and he’s so good at the rest of it. You really want to tell him to enjoy every minute of the ride, including the press, because it will all end some day and sooner than one thinks.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
His overall point totals are good, but his actual goals scored not just this year, but in his career are BAD.

It prevents him from ever having any kind of a ceiling beyond what he is.

He's had literally a 38 game goalless streak to start his career in the NHL, then another that just over 40 games. He's had I think 3 different droughts of at least 25 or more games and 4 of at least 16 or more games.

And he hasn't even played 200 games yet. That's an awful lot of sad droughts in such a short period of time.
I'm less concerned with the past relative to his year. He is young enough to where he may just be entering his prime.

McLeod will never be a goal scorer but he plays a strong possession game, is physical and is solid defensively. He is a good 4th line C IMO with the right line mates like Wood and Bastian. There are a lot of 4th lines that are liabiliities and get caved in. The fact that we have one that outperforms the opposition, we should feel lucky. That and all members play special teams, is definitely a luxury (though Wood should not be on the PP IMO).

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Vitek, Jack and Nico stole this game. I hope they come out with a better team performance on Monday. Mercer also had an excellent defensive effort.
I’m not that concerned about the game in general.

3rd game in 4 nights and they had to travel in the middle so it’s reasonable for the team to be exhausted. You could see guys not being able to finish shifts strong and Washington played into that by pinching aggressively on Devils long shifts.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Vitek, Jack and Nico stole this game. I hope they come out with a better team performance on Monday. Mercer also had an excellent defensive effort.

VV said it in his interview. The 8PM start was rough. The team landed around 2 AM.

I am surprised the league didn’t try to screw the Devils more with a 1PM start..

I think their play was strategic. Save their speed for the counter attack. Playing the Devils style on back to back night would require insane conditioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad