Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Holy hell

Too ez, just another win for the fellas

1669519216319.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol Nah we should've started Marty more because the team couldn't score any f***ing goals at all for Cory. That was prime Goals4Cory era. IIRC at one point the team averaged under 2 GPG for Cory and nearly 3 for Marty
STOP! DON'T GO THERE! NOT AGAIN! Haha.

I'm having weird flashbacks to the claim that Marty's stickhandling actually was the difference in scoring 0.80 more goals per game (or whatever it was) when he was in nets.

I remember not believing my eyes reading that stuff and wondering if Sidney Crosby even adds that many more goals per game to a team. let alone a goaltender. There was no convincing me that a goalie (no matter how good of a puck playing goalie he was) was responsible for that many more goals scored per game.

I remember reading something once that seemed to conclude that Marty's stick handling added about 0.20 more goals per game than an average to bad puck handling goalie. I'm not sure if that was still a little too much. That's one more goal every 5 games, but it was a little more believable than 0.80 or 0.65 or whatever it was.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
They're the 21-22 Rangers. The team is really not all that good. Sorokin's carrying them just like Igor did the Rangers last year. They don't have the talent the Rangers do either so I wouldn't expect the same level of success
They’re scoring 5v5 unlike the Rangers last year. But who knows how long that will last.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
He's with Hughes to give Hughes some defensive cover and to take face-offs. They're fine... and them being together gives us more depth elsewhere in the lineup. I love that we are a threat to score from every line. Hughes doesn't need much help to be a threat.
I’m just wishing he could finish a little better/at all.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They’re scoring 5v5 unlike the Rangers last year. But who knows how long that will last.

They're already cooled off a bit compared to what they were. Currently 9th in 5v5 GF/60 and 18th in xGF/60. Over time I imagine they'll fall back closer to their xGF

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
  • "Dating back to November 18th of 2021, the Flyers have lost 66 of their last 89 games (74%), including three separate 10-game losing streaks."
Good god
I don't understand why anyone was bamboozled or threatened by their hot start. It's now to the point where I wish they would go on another fluke run for 10 games, to kind of keep them in mediocrity and out of the Bedard race.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don't understand why anyone was bamboozled or threatened by their hot start. It's now to the point where I wish they would go on another fluke run for 10 games, to kind of keep them in mediocrity and out of the Bedard race.

lol Hart was averaging like 2 GSAx

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad