GDT: Devils vs Canucks - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
It'll be interesting to see once teams get more tape and can see his tendencies, but so far so good.

do you see any weaknesses? Obviously he's very strong down low but he was making saves on high shots too. Maybe his rebound control can be better.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've been harping on the shots allowed during Blackwood's first three starts, 25 shots allowed is not terrible by any means today. If the D starts playing more competently then we could have a sustained run going here. Of course we'll see how they respond on the road with their five road wins this year.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I've been harping on the shots allowed during Blackwood's first three starts, 25 shots allowed is not terrible by any means today. If the D starts playing more competently then we could have a sustained run going here. Of course we'll see how they respond on the road with their five road wins this year.

Too much zone time in the 2nd, but overall they were pretty good today in front. Kept the shots down, didn’t give up too many high quality chances, and obviously they scored plenty of goals.

Reactions: MysterMistery

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe running the PP entirely through Hall is the problem with the PP because without him they have simplified everything and it looks better

I mean they did run the PP through him last year when it was good. Do hope they can keep this up when Hall comes back.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Maybe running the PP entirely through Hall is the problem with the PP because without him they have simplified everything and it looks better

That kind of became a reoccurring issue with Kovalchuk on the PP.

It was like clock work, get it to Elias on the right wall, up to the point, over to Kovy on the left for the one timer.

It still led to one of the prettiest PP goals I can remember to date but it was way too predictable and readable at times no matter how often his shot was able to get through.

Reactions: Aethon

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I’ll gladly eat some crow. I didn’t think this group had it in them to respond like this. They’re getting some breaks now that they just couldn’t buy earlier in the season but they still deserve a lot of credit for their improved play. And to be doing it without Hall, it’s just great to see.

Can’t underestimate what Blackwood has meant to this turnaround. It’s as clear as day how much more confident the team has been playing in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad