GDT: Devils vs. Canadiens - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah, Keith has had a good run, but he looked more like the Kinkaid we saw from 2+ weeks ago tonight.

It's not like he was terrible or anything, but I thought the first goal was kind of stoppable and he was fighting it in the 3rd period. Looked like he was daydreaming while a puck went off the post from distance and really struggled to cover up a puck, which led to an extended marathon shift in our end before he was able to cover it once again.

I don't think he had a chance on goals 2 and 3 and goal 4 is the kind of goal that they're shaving away from us this year for goalie interference. I thought goal 3 was another bad one, until I saw that it didn't go through him, but was tapped in by a stick in front of the net.

It wasn't the worst game he's played all year, not even close, but it's also not a game that I think you go back to him over because he got the win. Now it's time for a big performance from Cory. Even if Cory's overall numbers don't look great at the end of this year, a really solid hot streak is exactly what he needs. Martin Jones had a similar death march run with the Sharks a month-two ago, then had a long stretch of mostly 2 goal against games (3 when facing 42 shots against Minnesota) and the bad goals were not really happening during that stretch, until he allowed 3 to the Blue Jays the other night and got yanked in the 2nd.

If he didn’t push himself so far out on the 2nd goal he would have had a chance. It wasn’t a good rebound either. Severson did him no favors by standing there like an idiot either though.

He didn’t do anything to earn the next start tonight.

We need to merry go round this until one of them steps up.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We could very well jump pitt if we cash in on the games against them this month
They're the one team, at least out of the really good teams, that we give fits to this year.

Even when we were beating Carolina, Scott Darling was our best player the first game and we got outplayed big time in the OT game we won there.

We've legitimately looked like a beast against Pittsburgh both times. Went toe to toe with them and were the better team last time. Completely stifled them the first time we played them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Secondary scoring is going to have to show up Thursday.

Laine is going to score on us. He is just too hot that even if beast Cory shows up, he is going to get one or two.

Might need to win that one 4-3 if we win it at all.

Would be big if Schefile misses that game.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
They're the one team, at least out of the really good teams, that we give fits to this year.

Even when we were beating Carolina, Scott Darling was our best player the first game and we got outplayed big time in the OT game we won there.

We've legitimately looked like a beast against Pittsburgh both times. Went toe to toe with them and were the better team last time. Completely stifled them the first time we played them.
We play them and tampa well both of them are prob two of the faster teams in the league and I don't think they adjust well to us keeping pace or outskating them for 3 periods.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Would you rather a win 6-4 where it’s back and forth and eng seals it. Or a game tonight where they pot 4 and then coast.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Who knows, Florida can fall of a cliff. Carolina and Nyi are pretty much buried at this point

I wouldn't be shocked if Florida stumbles for a few games at some point. I still think they probably make it in over Columbus, but Bobrovsky is always capable if getting red hot.

Either way, I'm not going to worry about it. If we take care of our own business it shouldn't matter what those teams do.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It really sucks that Maroon is gonna get a ridiculous contract.

He's been a hell of a fit here. And if you like big bodies who are physical, he's the kind of player who can provide those things without chasing his tail all game and running around like the headless chicken in his own end.

He's a pretty good puck possession guy, to make up for some of his faults like the lack of footspeed.

Watching a lot of his highlight videos, he often gets into the zone late, but as soon as he does, he goes straight to the corners. He spends 90% of his time in the offensive zone within 10 feet of the net.

Devils have a lot of work their ass off and chaos-causing forward. It's nice to have a guy like Maroon that slows it down a bit.

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wood has gone stupid cold since the suspension. I don’t think he was lightning it up too much prior but you hardly notice him anymore. As for Grabner, I think he just needs that first puck to go in to get the monkey off his back.

He isn’t the best finisher, but if he keeps getting chances, which he usually does, he is going to pot a few.

They haven’t been able to spring him in stride enough.

Wood has gone ice cold. We need him to find his fire again.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He isn’t the best finisher, but if he keeps getting chances, which he usually does, he is going to pot a few.

They haven’t been able to spring him in stride enough.

Wood has gone ice cold. We need him to find his fire again.

I think it's because he lost zacha as his linemate after the trades. Those two had chemistry.

If I were to pick the three best lines we've had all season, they'd be kids&hall, wood-zacha-palms, and either coleman-zajac-nose, or gibbons-coleman-nose

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but we had a mini win streak (during which we beat the pens) that roughly also coincided with the early part of Hall's point streak.

During this period we played 11 fwds and7 d and double shifted hall and usually a couple other guys. Against the pens it was wood and noesen. All three were flying.

Now.. I don't usually like 11/7, but I wonder how much it jumpstarteju hall.. and I wonder if zacha is down... Do we just add mueller?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but we had a mini win streak (during which we beat the pens) that roughly also coincided with the early part of Hall's point streak.

During this period we played 11 fwds and7 d and double shifted hall and usually a couple other guys. Against the pens it was wood and noesen. All three were flying.

Now.. I don't usually like 11/7, but I wonder how much it jumpstarteju hall.. and I wonder if zacha is down... Do we just add mueller?

11/7 eventually stopped working and we handled Pitt the second time with 12 forwards.

Gibbons was in full practice today so it isn’t impossible he goes back in if Zacha can’t go.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Florida has such an easy schedule, if they continue to play like they are at the moment they will make the playoffs easily. We have to leave Columbus behind or catch somebody in front. The Flyers are always good for extended losing (or winning) streaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad