Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

DgNoxHN.jpg

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Surprised the staff went with Kinkaid. Don't necessarily disagree.

God help us if he has a clunker.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Love the lines and like Kink starting. Just get Lovejoy out of there for Mueller already.

I dont get how Hynes can praise Mueller, saying he can play 17-18 minutes a night for us, and then just not play him. Oh well. At least the forwards look much better

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013

Clearly they've watched cory cost us 2 games, leaving points on the tables and a lack of ability to make the key clutch/timely saves.
Kk has been playing solid since the blue jackets game (even that wasn't all on him)

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Of course their backup has these kind of career numbers lol

7-4-2 .933 SV% 2.09 GAA 2 SO

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We need this win and I know it'll sound overly dramatic but this is almost a must win before heading on our big road trip out West.

The Habs are a total mess and I don't understand for the life of me why Julien keeps on forcing Drouin down the middle when he's clearly not a center. Galchenyuk had his best days at center and yet, they're playing him on the wing.

Anyways, it's not our problem but thank god we don't have a dinosaur as our coach... or Gm.

Reactions: Dialamo

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Going with Kinkaid is the right move right now. He's been the more confident goalie lately.

Please kick their asses tonight. We need a big beatdown victory badly.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If he has a clunker THEN it’s probably ride Cory out. But at this point I’d be more likely to merry go round and give each guy two games at a time, if they’re not doing the job bye bye and next goalie up.

Reactions: tr83 and Dialamo

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
If Kinkaid is having a clunker we'll know early. In that case we should pull him and put in Schneider and give him a chance to play hero and see if the team can crawl back in it. You cannot let a bad Kinkaid start get off the rails

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Kinkaid is having a clunker we'll know early. In that case we should pull him and put in Schneider and give him a chance to play hero and see if the team can crawl back in it. You cannot let a bad Kinkaid start get off the rails
It’s probably just random, but Kinkaid has a tendency to let in his bad goals early, while Cory has had this tendency of imploding with a deadly backbreaker in the 2nd or 3rd period the last couple games.

Of course Kinkaid has also had his moments of a couple weak ones later too, like against Columbus the last time and against Calgary in the 2nd period.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If he has a clunker THEN it’s probably ride Cory out. But at this point I’d be more likely to merry go round and give each guy two games at a time, if they’re not doing the job bye bye and next goalie up.
I was really just talking about this board. Total bedlam if tonight goes south.

Really, if this team can't win tonight they don't deserve it. Would really hammer home how much we rode unsustainable performances early on (Gibbons, Boyle, Bratt and Butcher even). More in line with where we thought this team was in the process.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was really just talking about this board. Total bedlam if tonight goes south.

Really, if this team can't win tonight they don't deserve it. Would really hammer home how much we rode unsustainable performances early on (Gibbons, Boyle, Bratt and Butcher even). More in line with where we thought this team was in the process.
We’re getting close to a point where nobody other than Hall and Hischier have a higher than average on-ice shooting percentage, or at least they’re the only guys with a significantly higher than average on-ice shooting percentage. Not including Mueller, who doesn’t really score and has one point on the season, Gibbons who hasn’t played in months and Lappin and his 6 games.

Everyone else is below 9% at even strength, as far as shooting percentage when they’re on at even strength. Some guys still have an individually high personal shooting percentage, like Gibbons and Bratt. Palmieri’s is around where it’s been as a Devil. Hall’s is the highest it’s been in his career, but only a little over 13%. Which isn’t crazy when you see his shot and his caliber and level of talent. Boyle is still shooting a bit above his career personal shooting percentage, which is hilarious since he hasn’t scored a goal in like 24 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad