GDT: Devils vs. Canadiens - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Where did this offense come from?
Goaltending still is a question mark, consistent play game after game. With Cory and Kinkaid you never know what you are going to get.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Florida has such an easy schedule, if they continue to play like they are at the moment they will make the playoffs easily. We have to leave Columbus behind or catch somebody in front. The Flyers are always good for extended losing (or winning) streaks.

It is “easy” but it is also condensed. They play a lot of games in not so many nights.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Weird standings quirk of the night.

We are both 5 points from first place and 5 points from being outside the playoffs.

We can forget about looking at the teams above us. We're not catching them. For us it's all about the last playoff spot and it will probably be between us and Columbus, with the Jackets looking hot all of a sudden. Florida will pass, that's not even a question now.

I didn't think Columbus was going to beat San Jose and Vegas, but they did. And now we're in a dog fight with them.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We can forget about looking at the teams above us. We're not catching them. For us it's all about the last playoff spot and it will probably be between us and Columbus, with the Jackets looking hot all of a sudden. Florida will pass, that's not even a question now.

I didn't think Columbus was going to beat San Jose and Vegas, but they did. And now we're in a dog fight with them.

Pitt and Philly aren’t unreachable though. We still have 2 games against Pitt so they’re essentially 4 point games and they’re only 4 points ahead of us. Flipside if Pitt wins in regulation tonight we would only be 3 behind Philly with an even amount of games. It’s basically the same amount of points the teams behind us have to make up and everyone’s freaking about that. If they do their jobs they’ll be fine.

Reactions: EdisonDevil

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

We still have two games against the Penguins so if we take care of business against them, it's not impossible to pass them; however, their schedule is much easier than ours...they still have three remaining against the Canadiens.

Reactions: Billdo

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
6 goals and not a single point for Nico. Hoping he breaks out of this little slump cause now would be a great time with everyone else (hopefully) getting going.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm not worried about Nico. It's the secondary scoring that finally woke up that I'm happy with.

It looks like they're going to have to win every game 4-3. I'll be happy with getting in the tournament, but they're not going to last long.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Well I am convinced.

Even if Florida goes 3-0 in their games in hand, they are 1 point up on us. Big deal.

I just don't understand this "PANIC ALL THE TIME" mentality that some of you guys have. Its so tiring.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I still can't believe Grabner couldn't finish that glorious chance last night. Still pointless, that has to be frustrating. We need him to get hot on the west coast trip.

I wonder what kind of deal Maroon would be looking for? He's looked great and not even just the points. His net front presence and physicality is something we didn't have. He's not the kind of player you should give significant term to, but maybe a 3 year deal?

Reactions: Taylor Hall

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I still can't believe Grabner couldn't finish that glorious chance last night. Still pointless, that has to be frustrating. We need him to get hot on the west coast trip.

I wonder what kind of deal Maroon would be looking for? He's looked great and not even just the points. His net front presence and physicality is something we didn't have. He's not the kind of player you should give significant term to, but maybe a 3 year deal?

3 years at 2.5? My issue is I wouldn’t want to pay up for him because he’s still a bottom six guy no matter what. I don’t know how good he can be except in front of the net. He’s really good at that but watching him handle the puck is like watching Lovejoy.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I think it's hilarious that over the past few weeks that list has been gradually expanding. First it was "streaks since 1992-93", then "streaks since 1987-88", now it's "NHL history".

It's quite striking that Devils havent been shutout in so many consecutive games (with Hall on ice).

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
3 years at 2.5? My issue is I wouldn’t want to pay up for him because he’s still a bottom six guy no matter what. I don’t know how good he can be except in front of the net. He’s really good at that but watching him handle the puck is like watching Lovejoy.
idk, he seems to utilize his size and decent mitts to controls the puck along the boards just fine.

i wouldn't slate him as a bottom 6 guy. more of a middle 6er of the ilk of clowe-lite. could also be useful for him and clowe to work together

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If we want a shot at the playoffs, Severson has to take his head out of his ass in the defensive zone. He's constantly out of position, leaving his guy wide open right in front of our net.

Someone needs to sit down with him and watch some tape until he get's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->