GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - Preseason - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Actually I really like Brinkley and Edwards on Bruins TV. Edwards calls plays clearly - you can see the action based on his narrative, he is close to radio quality. Brinkley is about as good as there is at dissecting a replay - most importantly, they are not afraid to criticize the Bruins. If there’s no effort, or someone makes mistakes, they tell it like it is. They are far less homers than Dano, for example. Really the Bruins broadcasts are quite good.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Actually I really like Brinkley and Edwards on Bruins TV. Edwards calls plays clearly - you can see the action based on his narrative, he is close to radio quality. Brinkley is about as good as there is at dissecting a replay - most importantly, they are not afraid to criticize the Bruins. If there’s no effort, or someone makes mistakes, they tell it like it is. They are far less homers than Dano, for example. Really the Bruins broadcasts are quite good.

I've always thought they got more shit than they deserved

Camille the Eel

i think it's the boston accent
That Harry Sinden is still on their mast head as a senior adviser to the ownership is sort of mind boggling. Talk about a blast from the past. Guy must be the walking dead by now. Meanwhile Cam Neely regularly appears in the broadcast booth between periods.

But seriously, Boston is a hockey town. As died in the wool a hockey town as there is in the good old USA.

But up in Maine we do call it “Mass of Two Shits.” Really I hate Boston and their teams.

Reactions: Oneiro and OmNomNom

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This looks to be a big opportunity for JBo. He’s been impressive and deserves this chance.

It’s got to be disheartening for Wood. Stuck with two AAAA players. That said he has to play the way we know he can to get himself cemented into third line status. Of course with the forward depth a healthy NJ team has this year Wood May have a great season on a fourth line playing with Zacha and JBo against other teams’ AAAA players or boat anchor contract guys.

Last edited:

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
In class again like a ****ing nerd. Ugh.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Like: Having both our top 2 centers in the same game
Dislike: That D :skeptic:

I'm not really digging the Greene-Severson pairing again this year, but it's beginning to look more and more like that's what we're stuck with on opening day.

Really like that Hynes is playing all the borderline D-Men tonight, instead of trying to ice a lineup as close to opening night as possible which he originally said was the plan for the final 2 games. A lot still needs to be sorted out on D, including if Ray needs to go shopping.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019

The only problem is when the game gets chippy then a fight happens and Edwards inner home just floods out lol.

He used to call games for what ever channel had NHL games back in 08-09.

Gigantic homers for sure, but they do call the game well.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
That Harry Sinden is still on their mast head as a senior adviser to the ownership is sort of mind boggling. Talk about a blast from the past. Guy must be the walking dead by now. Meanwhile Cam Neely regularly appears in the broadcast booth between periods.

But seriously, Boston is a hockey town. As died in the wool a hockey town as there is in the good old USA.

But up in Maine we do call it “Mass of Two ****s.” Really I hate Boston and their teams.

True, but they care more about the Beanpot than they do about the Bruins.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

@Bleedred , what's your impression of Jack Edwards (the Bruins play-by-play guy)?

I know what Chedda above thinks (lol) but I never really listened to a single broadcast with him.

HEs alright.

His PBP is fine, he has pretty good calls for the opposition, but he can be a brutal homer in his commentary.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
MY SON, So Zacha is alive, but we won't get to see him in game yet, right.

Moving in the right direction....

That D is baked tonight, will force the forwards to play more sound defensively...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad