GDT: Devils vs Bruins - 47 more of these - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Speaking of Dea.... he's back in AHL --- not to derail too long, but still wish he we had him. Basically Pitts took him back for a 3 game rental, only to shuffle him back to AHL as they got healthy.

Would be better than Stafford in the game right now, not that Stafford was bad today, just...... Dea was better here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Speaking of Dea.... he's back in AHL --- not to derail too long, but still wish he we had him. Basically Pitts took him back for a 3 game rental, only to shuffle him back to AHL as they got healthy.

Would be better than Stafford in the game right now, not that Stafford was bad today, just...... Dea was better here.

If they waived him we had a chance to take him back then.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
This was one of those games he should have gotten one by accident at the least, but somehow didn’t.

His zero assists total is so bizzare becayse he has set up plenty of good looks and you think something would go in by accident.

One could think he's a horrible passes, horrible creative mind, but he can pass and see some pretty nice plays without question.

Totally bizzarro.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Updated Kincode:

1f3e8.png

Hall​
1f1e8-1f1ed.png

Hischier​
1f334.png

Palmieri​
     
1f434.png

Mueller​
1f1eb-1f1ee.png

Vatanen​
     
1f6a7.png

Kinkaid​
2615.png

Johansson​
1f1e8-1f1ff.png

Zacha​
1f476-1f3fc.png

Bratt​
26f3.png

Greene​
1f920.png

Severson​
1f921.png

Schneider​
1f952.png

Coleman​
1f4a4.png

Zajac​
1f998.png

Anderson​
1f52a.png

Butcher​
1f60d.png

Lovejoy​
1f354.png

Blackwood​
1f6aa.png

Wood​
1f440.png

Seney​
1f58d.png

Stafford​
1f403.png

Yakovlev​
1f385-1f3fc.png

Santini​
1f32e.png

Lack​
1f4aa-1f3fd.png

Boyle​
1f443-1f3fd.png

Noeson​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

clownshow cory indeed

opps….this is the GDT

Reactions: Bleedred

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Thanks for the responses to my Zacha question. It’s frustrating that he’s not building up his numbers, but it’s because of repeatedly seeing and reading about his overall play I haven’t completely given up on him. It sounds like the kid is snakebit.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I would be fine with a mini run that falls short if it means strong second half’s from Wood, Zacha, and someone like Big Mac
They have two games in hand on the 1st wild card, win those and they are 7 pts back. Stranger things have happened.

But I agree, regardless where they finish I want the young kids playing well.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If they waived him we had a chance to take him back then.
The rule is, when we waived him, if his original team (Pitt) was the only team to put in a claim, he goes back to them and he doesn't need to pass waivers to be sent down again.

It's almost as if when they originally waived him, no-one claimed him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thanks for the responses to my Zacha question. It’s frustrating that he’s not building up his numbers, but it’s because of repeatedly seeing and reading about his overall play I haven’t completely given up on him. It sounds like the kid is snakebit.

Even if he had better luck his statline wouldn’t be sexy, but it would be respectable enough that less people who give him as much shit as he gets.

I think his goal totals are starting to balance out a bit, but his assists are definitely below his mean.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
They have two games in hand on the 1st wild card, win those and they are 7 pts back. Stranger things have happened.

But I agree, regardless where they finish I want the young kids playing well.

first and foremost is that blackwood and kk can give solid play... they have played fairly well in past 10 games... I'm sure its been stated but tonights game was evidence that good goaltending matters to state the obvious... eventually the team will begin to play with more confidence ... maybe they can go on a streak.. but thats the kind of goaltending you need in this league

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Mack has been pretty much mistake free, he's 22 he's gonna struggle at times an these first 4 apperances shouldn't be seen as a indication of what he is or isn't. Look at Matt Murray for example it takes years to discover what a goalie is, it's a good start an a nice step for his development, let's see where he ends up.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Mack has been pretty much mistake free, he's 22 he's gonna struggle at times an these first 4 apperances shouldn't be seen as a indication of what he is or isn't. Look at Matt Murray for example it takes years to discover what a goalie is, it's a good start an a nice step for his development, let's see where he ends up.

True, but it’s hard to ignore the potential with MB. His size, quickness, positioning.... the makings of a monster goaltender are all there. More impressive to me though is how collected he looks. You’d never think these were his first NHL games based on his work thus far. I honestly wasn’t expecting much from him considering the way the team has been playing but the kid is impressive imho.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Like I thought, Greene f***ing sucked something fierce tonight.

When he was on the ice the Bruins out-attempted the Devils 31-13 and out-shot them 15-9.

Things that need to change for next year.

Greene and Lovejoy have to be gone, and we need a better coaching staff that doesnt have their defenseman running all the way up to the god damn blue line chasing the puck, causing huge defensive break downs left and right.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
True, but it’s hard to ignore the potential with MB. His size, quickness, positioning.... the makings of a monster goaltender are all there. More impressive to me though is how collected he looks. You’d never think these were his first NHL games based on his work thus far. I honestly wasn’t expecting much from him considering the way the team has been playing but the kid is impressive imho.

It wasn’t an accident he was considered a top goalie prospect when we drafted him. Kid has all the tools. Big, freakishly athletic, good mind for the position.

Just a matter if he can consistently put it all together, which is difficult. We shall see, but this is a good start.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

This was one of those games where you hold on for dear life. Played a fantastic opening period, the rest was suspect at best. MB29 stole the show.
Naw we dominated the third too.

We outworked them pretty much all evening, though they pushed back in the 2d. Certainly we came out with much more life at the start of the game. Nice reversal of the scenario that’s cost us so many games this year.

Key to the game was their opening the 3d power play that is just absolute trash, they go back to getting outworked, and then Coleman makes that beautiful finish to put us up 3 - 1. Strange that Halak didn’t go get that puck (leaving it for Coleman). It looked like he could have come out of his net and headed the play off.

I liked the bigger personnel on our power play. Boyle, Zacha, Zajac and Palms all out at once. At least we won’t get pushed around as much with the man advantage.

Nice finish by Nico (nice hands) on that 4th goal.

2 out of 3 where we’ve scored 5.

Reactions: Belizarius

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
first and foremost is that blackwood and kk can give solid play... they have played fairly well in past 10 games... I'm sure its been stated but tonights game was evidence that good goaltending matters to state the obvious... eventually the team will begin to play with more confidence ... maybe they can go on a streak.. but thats the kind of goaltending you need in this league

Of course it matters but the real question is how sustainable is it considering all the shots they're giving up? They've given up an average of 40 shots in Blackwood's two starts, no goalie survives that kind of onslaught for long. Maybe it's a chicken and egg equation and he plays well enough for long enough to get the team playing better and more confidently if every mistake's not going in the net (and more besides) but eventually the rest of the team's gonna have to play better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad