GDT: Devils vs Bruins - 47 more of these - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Sorry, I was out all night and just checked the box score. Zacha had 7 shots and didn’t get on the score sheet? How did he play?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Sorry, I was out all night and just checked the box score. Zacha had 7 shots and didn’t get on the score sheet? How did he play?
He was incredible, could have had 2 goals and 2 assists. It just doesn’t go in when he is on the ice haha.

Reactions: MichaelJ

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Played well, but in a controlled fashion. Not as impressive as he was in the Washington game way back when, but consistently had good shifts.

Also was on top pp unit in Hall's place, I'm sure a couple of those shots were with the man advantage.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

He was good, for a good Zacha-like effort (ie. couldn't buy a goal if it was on sale). I feel bad for the guy. He played hard, aggressive with the shots, made some nice plays. Halak had his number the whole game.

He plays very hard and makes some nice plays, but somehow can't even get a secondary assist for his efforts, no one will bury his good passes.

Outside of Zacha, the rest of the team brought their finish game. Coleman, Nico converting on some nice plays, etc. Everyone but Zacha!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He was good, for a good Zacha-like effort (ie. couldn't buy a goal if it was on sale). I feel bad for the guy. He played hard, aggressive with the shots, made some nice plays. Halak had his number the whole game.

He plays very hard and makes some nice plays, but somehow can't even get a secondary assist for his efforts, no one will bury his good passes.

Outside of Zacha, the rest of the team brought their finish game. Coleman, Nico converting on some nice plays, etc. Everyone but Zacha!

The quick snap pass to Palms on the PP on which Palms proceeds to stumble over his own feet leading to a turnover is pretty representative of Zacha's season.

And while I do feel for Zacha, if he keeps playing like this eventually the points will start to rack up.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'm praying Blackwood becomes the guy. It would do wonders for the Devils if we have an NHL caliber goalie at 22 years old.

It's risky, but it would also open up potential trades for Kinkaid at the deadline. That's why I think we need to ride out Mac Black for a while to see what we have with him going into next season.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The quick snap pass to Palms on the PP on which Palms proceeds to stumble over his own feet leading to a turnover is pretty representative of Zacha's season.

And while I do feel for Zacha, if he keeps playing like this eventually the points will start to rack up.

Oh that was Palms? I thought that was Butcher! Don't think they replayed that.

Yes I remember that moment, i thought that was a good lane for him to skate down into, then the play went the other way.

Zacha seems to be cursed. With this bad luck (or whatever you want to call it), he's like a Zajac without the offense....a poor mans Zajac, except we already have Zajac. If he can get pucks in or get some linemates to bury some nice plays, he's actually a pretty good passer (with vision). He'd be a pretty threatening player if he can somehow get the stars to align. So amazingly frustrating to see ,as a fan, him get zilch for his good efforts in games. He must dream a lot of almosts..

Reactions: MichaelJ

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Oh that was Palms? I thought that was Butcher! Don't think they replayed that.

Yes I remember that moment, i thought that was a good lane for him to skate down into, then the play went the other way.

Zacha seems to be cursed. He's like a Zajac without the offense. A poor mans Zajac, except we already have Zajac. If he can get pucks in or get some linemates to bury some nice plays, he's actually a pretty good passer (with vision). So amazingly frustrating to see ,as a fan, him get zilch for his good efforts in games. He must dream a lot of almosts..

The pass to Wood early in the game was a good scoring chance. He also was part of the Palmeiri goal, but was the 3rd assist. His one shot in the slot was sneaky and I thought was a good save by Halak.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The pass to Wood early in the game was a good scoring chance. He also was part of the Palmeiri goal, but was the 3rd assist. His one shot in the slot was sneaky and I thought was a good save by Halak.

Yes, he's in all the plays, except on the scoresheet. Maybe name the 3rd assist: "The Zacha" , abbreviated "Z".

He certainly got a lot of Z's this season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes, don't F this up and start Kink on Saturday
If there's one good thing I can say about Hynes it's that he at least (usually) knows what goalie to start. If he didn't, he would have had Cory play some of those games in the last 2-3 weeks of the season last year and it may have cost us, rather than play Keith in 2 or 3 sets of back to backs.

So I think he'll start Blackwood.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it's a little early to say Blackwood is definitely good, as we all remember Scott Wedgewood a few years back or even Scott Clemmensen in 2004, but he at least looks like he'll be serviceable at the very worst and we've only had one serviceable goalie on the roster this year. Even bad goalies have good games sometimes, which Cory hasn't this year. So this will at least help to not run Keith into the ground, as he was looking at 60-70 starts this year before Blackwood put together a couple quality starts here.

Reactions: Patrik26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's no reason for him not to start Blackwood, it's a non-back to back, they said they were getting him a look after the break and he responded big time tonight. I'm already nuts enough in the back of my mind hoping Blackwood somehow has the impact on this year's team that Lemaire did in 2010 for that team in the wilderness.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Wood had an outstanding game.
For sure, playing his game of using his speed and getting behind defenders, creating chances and drawing penalties, but also showed a bit of his development when he curled back up the board's to find a cutting team mate, something he has been doing a fair amount of this year, but this was a game he put some shifts together.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
There's no reason for him not to start Blackwood, it's a non-back to back, they said they were getting him a look after the break and he responded big time tonight. I'm already nuts enough in the back of my mind hoping Blackwood somehow has the impact on this year's team that Lemaire did in 2010 for that team in the wilderness.

The east still looks somewhat catchable....... under the right conditions. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this team go on a tear..

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I think it's a little early to say Blackwood is definitely good, as we all remember Scott Wedgewood a few years back or even Scott Clemmensen in 2004, but he at least looks like he'll be serviceable at the very worst and we've only had one serviceable goalie on the roster this year. Even bad goalies have good games sometimes, which Cory hasn't this year. So this will at least help to not run Keith into the ground, as he was looking at 60-70 starts this year before Blackwood put together a couple quality starts here.

Going forward, would you give Blackwood the majority of the starts, play them 50/50, play Blackwood as the backup, or just ride the hot hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad