GDT: Devils vs Bruins - 47 more of these - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Backes should be Summonsed. Cheap hit, totally no excuse for it in the flow of the play, intended to injure, pure elbow to the head.

Although Blackwood did face 40 shots last night, not a lot of them were from very tough areas, and the club did a good job of covering for him, or Boston didn’t consistently work to get to second chances.

Still I don’t play him back to back. Probably against Vancouver instead.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Mack has been pretty much mistake free, he's 22 he's gonna struggle at times an these first 4 apperances shouldn't be seen as a indication of what he is or isn't. Look at Matt Murray for example it takes years to discover what a goalie is, it's a good start an a nice step for his development, let's see where he ends up.
I thought he was very good making that initial save, I thought his rebound control was iffy. Let some easy ones get away from him, had some big bouncy rebounds back into the center of the ice.

Just nit picking.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Like I thought, Greene ****ing sucked something fierce tonight.

When he was on the ice the Bruins out-attempted the Devils 31-13 and out-shot them 15-9.

Things that need to change for next year.

Greene and Lovejoy have to be gone, and we need a better coaching staff that doesnt have their defenseman running all the way up to the god damn blue line chasing the puck, causing huge defensive break downs left and right.
Butcher was almost as bad as Greene in Corsi and Shots for%.

Greene was 3-0 in the goals department, while Butcher a -1.

Lovejoy was a positive in Corsi as well as shots for.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He gets them during tv timeouts

Hopefully Hynes gives him the nod tomorrow afternoon

It would be his first home start
The home start angle is maybe a decent reason to give him a go.

I don't think it's clear cut though. Definitely a spot where you are trying to nurture a young guys confidence.

But he still get's the eye drops though? Welp at least it doesn't seem to have to much of an impact.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The home start angle is maybe a decent reason to give him a go.

I don't think it's clear cut though. Definitely a spot where you are trying to nurture a young guys confidence.

But he still get's the eye drops though? Welp at least it doesn't seem to have to much of an impact.

Yes on the drops

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'll have to rewatch the hit, but I didn't think there was intent to be malicious. It was dangerous and most certainly a penalty, but I don't think it was more than that off the first glance.

Just glad Coleman was OK.

Reactions: nugg

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
One reason I think Blackwood might be legit and can sustain this, he knows he has a big frame that covers most of the net and he knows how to use it to his advantage. And when it does get hairy and he's in a spot where his size won't save his bacon, his athletic skill will.
People may not know that he's relatively new to the position. He started as a regular player (can't recall the position).

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I thought he was very good making that initial save, I thought his rebound control was iffy. Let some easy ones get away from him, had some big bouncy rebounds back into the center of the ice.

Just nit picking.

Same here. I also thought he seemed unsure of where the puck was when there wasn't a rebound, kind of looking between his legs, between his arms and body.

Camille the Eel

Meanwhile also leading the team in SOG with 7.

I will never lose complete faith in his ability as a player. He has tons of skill and terrific hockey sense. I just want to see it come together for him, and I still think it will.
One of his best games in terms of being aggressive and creative. Maybe he can keep it up. He made a big impact on puck possession, chances, the flow.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Same here. I also thought he seemed unsure of where the puck was when there wasn't a rebound, kind of looking between his legs, between his arms and body.

I didn't really see much of that at all. I thought his rebound control was rather good, he did well steering pucks to the corners on a lot of occasions. Obviously he wasn't perfect but for the most part he didn't give up too many unnecessary second or third opportunities.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Missed this one cause of movie night. glad to see mac black get some success. i like what he brings to the table. hockeys a funny sport. teams can just rally behind a goalie and feed off eachother. hopefully the devils can her above average goaltending the rest of the way.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Just nit picking.
One negative thing I noticed is he leaves the short side open a lot, which has happened on a couple of his post hits.

Cory has been getting beaten there left and right over the last year.

Keith not so much lately, but he was getting beaten there a lot last year before the middle of February. Hence my location.

I am pretty impressed with Blackwood though. He made a pretty good save or two on deflections in a couple of his games. I think more deflected pucks are gonna hit him than Keith or Cory, due to his massive girth. They used to hit Cory due to his supreme positioning, but very rarely, if ever anymore.

Reactions: billingtons ghost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->