Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think it's just by chance.

We should be able to score a bunch of goals on him, as most teams do.

He actually doesn't get lit up a lot, because his team doesn't allow a lot of shots, so he doesn't get blown out of the building often, but he doesn't play good either.

Some people really struggle with the concept of sample sizes. He's played 6 games against us. There are a lot of goalies who can put up a good 6 game sample size. Hell, McElhiney is a career 5-1 against us with better numbers than Mrazek. We should probably "dread" him playing over Mrazek.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some people really struggle with the concept of sample sizes. He's played 6 games against us. There are a lot of goalies who can put up a good 6 game sample size. Hell, McElhiney is a career 5-1 against us with better numbers than Mrazek. We should probably "dread" him playing over Mrazek.
I think we should also be more afraid of playing McElhinney than Mrazek.

For Mrazek's record against us and the fact that he also has 2 shutouts against us, I would expect his save percentage to be better than a .919% against us.

That tells me that when he's not getting shutouts against us, he's really not playing particularly well against us. And that his team is beating us in spite of him. The fact that it's not .930% or .940% against us with that record he has over us, tells me that he wasn't very good in the other 2 wins over us.

There was one game last year, where we had him beat, but he left the game for concussion protocol. Remember the Red Wings tied it, then we wound up winning in overtime, scoring on Howard, who took the loss instead of Mrazek. In fact, outside of Mrazek's 2 shutouts against us, here are his two other wins against us.

Detroit Red Wings at New Jersey Devils Box Score — November 28, 2014 | Hockey-Reference.com

Detroit Red Wings at New Jersey Devils Box Score — November 25, 2016 | Hockey-Reference.com

So 4 goals on 25 shots and 3 goals on 16 shots in another win over us. What the hell did he do that was so critical to the win over us in those two games?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think we should also be more afraid of playing McElhinney than Mrazek.

For Mrazek's record against us and the fact that he also has 2 shutouts against us, I would expect his save percentage to be better than a .919% against us.

That tells me that when he's not getting shutouts against us, he's really not playing particularly well against us. And that his team is beating us in spite of him. The fact that it's not .930% or .940% against us with that record he has over us, tells me that he wasn't very good in the other 2 wins over us.

There was one game last year, where we had him beat, but he left the game for concussion protocol. Remember the Red Wings tied it, then we wound up winning in overtime, scoring on Howard, who took the loss instead of Mrazek. In fact, outside of Mrazek's 2 shutouts against us, here are his two other wins against us.

Detroit Red Wings at New Jersey Devils Box Score — November 28, 2014 | Hockey-Reference.com

Detroit Red Wings at New Jersey Devils Box Score — November 25, 2016 | Hockey-Reference.com

So 4 goals on 25 shots and 3 goals on 16 shots in another win over us. What the hell did he do that was so critical to the win over us in those two games?

He always makes the big stop at the key time and beats us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->