GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Y’all are blind if you think Gerbe took Severson down...Damon barely used any power to get Nathan on the ice.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Can’t wait until they try to badly overpay a couple free agents to try and band aid this.
The thing is, I think it would be madness entering next season with the same soft dman on this team. Namely Butcher and Severson. I don’t care that they have term left on their contracts, they need to go.

We have to get a couple of free agent defenseman signings that can fill some major team needs (big, physical defenseman) and that can do a job for the next 2-3 seasons until the likes of Bahl, Okhotyuk, Misyul are ready.

Muzzin, Edmundson, Gudas, Hamonic, Dillon. We have to get at 2 of these 5.

Signal

Jan 18, 2018
9 game winning streak against us... My favorite teams to hate have been Carolina, Tampa and the Rags. I am officially putting Columbus on that list now. Probably even more than the Rags to be honest.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why are we hostile towards every franchise we play now? At least these teams are still playing meaningful games in January.

Because we're apathetic towards ours.

And I think most of us were actually spending the night complimenting Ovi a couple nights ago.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The thing is, I think it would be madness entering next season with the same soft dman on this team. Namely Butcher and Severson. I don’t care that they have term left on their contracts, they need to go.

We have to get a couple of free agent defenseman signings that can fill some major team needs (big, physical defenseman) and that can do a job for the next 2-3 seasons until the likes of Bahl, Okhotyuk, Misyul are ready.

Muzzin, Edmundson, Gudas, Hamonic, Dillon. We have to get at 2 of these 5.

Yeah, and still find a 1 and 2 for a legitimate top pair.

We need too much to find it in FA. I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe just sign an entire roster out of European leagues and see what happens.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
One of the most embarrassing and disgraceful games of the year. Up there with that thrashing the Rags gave us.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah, and still find a 1 and 2 for a legitimate top pair.

We need too much to find it in FA. I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe just sign an entire roster out of European leagues and see what happens.

You sell high on all your vet wingers. You want a top pair? We need the draft picks and potential prospects those sell moves can return.

Reactions: Guttersniped

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
He’s 28. Given how things are going he’s not gonna be apart of the future unless the team magically gets its **** together next season and addresses and hits on every need
And this is actually really tragic. What a waste of a player who would be a phenomenal piece on a championship caliber team.

Reactions: My3Sons

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
This team just can't beat the Jackets no matter what. I used to think teams like Boston and Washington are the toughest to us (you know actual SC contenders), but no it's Columbus. Each and every time they completely embarrass us and make us look like we have no business even playing this sport. Now just watch some other team score 4+ goals on this invincible goalie in his next game..

The Devils will prob win the draft again this season, and draft another bust

I feel you. It sucks that we get so lucky twice and not see the results right away, but different players take different paths. Some hit their potential many years later, while some score 4 goals in their first game. Nico has gotten better every year, it might be slow but at least he is progressing. Jack is still only 18 after just playing with bunch of 16-17 year olds. I know it's tough right now, but we just gotta have more patience. Chances are the next couple of years will suck as much as this, but it will get better after that.

Reactions: David Conte

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Do we keep Goose another year or try to sell him this year? Don't know how many good teams could afford his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad