GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
yea well no **** lol. But we knew this when we drafted him. People were saying he has a good shot or w/e. I'm not convinced he'll ever be a good goal scorer but w/e, he is a good playmaker...we just need goal scorers.

We need Playmakers that can score once in a while. You can't have a bunch of players that can't score at this level no matter how good a playmaker they are. Top 6 players can't be that one dimensional.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Just go find some unsigned guys who are good in Europe or the NCAA and plug them into the team next year. They can't be any worse than some of the trash we ice right now, and maybe some will work out.

More like we go pick up some NHL cast offs to fill roster spots, since NHL teams are obsessed with other teams failed players.

Reactions: Signal

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Just go find some unsigned guys who are good in Europe or the NCAA and plug them into the team next year. They can't be any worse than some of the trash we ice right now, and maybe some will work out.

More like we go pick up some NHL cast offs to fill roster spots, since NHL teams are obsessed with other teams failed players.

It's how we found rafalski, right?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
how is will butcher in an NHL lineup ?
My co-worker showed me a photo of her husband and Butcher at a meet and greet, I've never seen her husband before and she didn't tell me what Devils player was in the photo, I swear to God I thought Butcher was her husband because he looked like he never lifted a weight in his life, I couldn't believe how freaking soft he looked.

He needs to spend this off-season in the gym.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

That is what we have been doing. Auvtu, Butcher, Carrick are all guys that were that.

That is the problem. You can’t build a blueline like this. You have to try when you have zero assets, but now we have actual sellable deadline assets to go and get futures we can really build with.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Boys have given up. Just cruising out the rest of the game.

BJs suck. I'm glad they might sneak in the playoffs so they don't have a chance at the lottery. They are definitely fools gold.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I get the point of trading Coleman while his value is at an all time high BUT ... you need some “veterans” on the team and players that play the right way (never quit , give 100% every shift , every game no matter the score) to show the kids what being a professional and team player really is.
You can’t just roll out a full lineup of the highest skilled players you can and expect to win . Just ask the Lightning last year how far they went in the playoffs .
Teams need players like Coleman that lead by example. He is worth a lot to this team in that way.

Reactions: tr83 and Hypernova

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
Get Yesper Boqvist out of here for Pete's sake... The guy needs to improve and put the puck in the net. Send him to Bingo.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That is what we have been doing. Auvtu, Butcher, Carrick are all guys that were that.
Carrick was an NHL reject, he played for the Capitals, Leafs, and Stars before us. We need more guys like Butcher or Auvitu, although preferably younger than Auvitu. Increase the odds of getting guys that will work out, there is little to lose by doing so as most of them just bail and go back to Europe if they don't make the team anyways.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Sooo when's our interim "coach" gonna get shit canned? Need someone in here who can go back to basics and teach these guys how to actually play hockey

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m starting to see why Shero got canned . He was left with a pile of crap but still.... he had 5 years and draft picks , goaltending (minus Blackwood ) and D are terrible (D is small and weak and can’t clear the front of the net )

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's how we found rafalski, right?

No. A Devils scout was sent to Finland to watch a few HIFK games, because there was a player on that team the Devils were interested in.

Ironically, the Devils scout was tepid on that player he specifically went to watch, but was impressed by this Rafalski player, and was surprised when he found out he was American (IIRC he just assumed he must be Russian or Polish, etc... due to the "ski" in his name) that was basically unknown in Liiga. The rest is Devils' history.

Reactions: Forge

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Carrick was an NHL reject, he played for the Capitals, Leafs, and Stars before us. We need more guys like Butcher or Auvitu, although preferably younger than Auvitu. Increase the odds of getting guys that will work out, there is little to lose by doing so as most of them just bail and go back to Europe if they don't make the team anyways.

There isn’t much there. The guys with real upside have all been drafted. You aren’t building a defense from the bargain bin. Not a good one anyway.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
The devils looked good up to that powerplay in the second where they held the puck in the ozone for the entire time and didn't score. After that the team mentally broke. I think it's gonna be a long time since we see Schneider back in the NHL again.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There isn’t much there. The guys with real upside have all been drafted. You aren’t building a defense from the bargain bin. Not a good one anyway.
We absolutely need to draft the top guys, but most teams in the league have solid depth guys that they have pulled out of late draft rounds or undrafted free agent signings from other leagues. If the Devils are incapable of even finding 1 guy that way, it speaks volumes about our organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad