GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Coleman is great, but if the return is right (good picks and/or prospects) you should move him some time before next season starts.

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
The Devils will prob win the draft again this season, and draft another bust

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Can anyone think of any other team that ever held onto a player as detrimental as Cory for three f***ing years? It’s just mind blowing that a GM - they guy who should have the most intimate understanding and pulse of each player on the squad - thought Cory still had something in the tank to even serve as a backup with no viable plan B at all.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
You don't trade Nico nor do you trade Hughes.

Honestly everyone else outside of those two, fair game, minus the first round pick. Love Coleman, but if you can get a big package, you have to look into it.

Team is so so bad, it's sad.

I've said it before, fix the blue line and watch how fast we get better, the forwards are fine and for the most part a young unit, but the defensemen unit is a flaming exploding train wreck, they're small, worthless and weak.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I mean, I don't really care. My bigger point is that the only purpose it serves to move him there right now is to drag down the other two. Hughes isn't playing any better than Zacha, Wood or Simmonds.

maybe not defensively, but he definitely is playing better than them offensively. He just doesn't have anything to show for it because they can't score for shit.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I've said it before, fix the blue line and watch how fast we get better, the forwards are fine and for the most part a young unit, but the defensemen unit is a flaming exploding train wreck, they're small, worthless and weak.

You can’t win games with the left side we ice. You would have a hard time with our rights side, but this left side is ECHL bad.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This team was never making the playoffs. The forwards are ok but way too young and raw in key areas.

The defense is simply not good enough. Not even close.

Replacing Cory with Lehner would have simply created false hope and prevented the deadline selling that needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad