Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
They prob don’t want to wait around is my guess

Saw some plan B moves made today
Yes. Because we're still building for the future, we have the luxury to wait until the very, very end before making a move. Other teams whose windows are fully open and need to build for right now do not have the luxury of waiting and risking getting nothing.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
What I don't get us why is Carolina out now if they wanted him without an extension all along?

You'd think we're the ones that would drop out if that's true.

They don't want to wait + Carolina has a history of not going above what they want for a player which you can love or hate them for it but it's worked out tremendously in most cases for them. Hamliton at 9M v DeAngelo at 1M, for example. I'm glad they did they let the former but based on the cap the latter was obviously a better move even though it blew up in their faces last year in the playoffs

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Trade Mercer?!?! Lol I’m more worried about how much we’re going to have to pay to sign him long term.

That’s what I said awhile back yeah he’s rfa but if he progresses like everyone thinks then it’s not going to be a cheap deal.

Good problem to have though

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yes. Because we're still building for the future, we have the luxury to wait until the very, very end before making a move. Other teams whose windows are fully open and need to build for right now do not have the luxury of waiting and risking getting nothing.

Happened with Gaudreau too, I'm sure there was a random contender who called about Gaudreau on the East Coast, the Islanders rumors were there.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
No idea why the Sharks seem so against teams negotiating an extension to drive up price. Not a good look for Grier as a rookie GM
I can see the logic both ways. It can give Meier’s camp more control than they like. If the extension is important for most teams but Meier narrows it down to one team it can make it harder for Grier and lower the price.

And I don’t see how it’s gonna drive up the price either. Just makes it happen quicker but I’m not sure they’re in a rush. Seems more like they’re waiting for someone to really pay up which may not happen. Worse case they give him the QO and revisit in the summer.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Pretty amazing since teams have figured us out and our coach is not capable of adjusting:sarcasm: Not to mention all of his horrible lineup decisions

Still gonna complain about Zetterlund out because I'm spoiled brat and wanted to see if his quads or Stevens's biceps are bigger.

I can see the logic both ways. It can give Meier’s camp more control than they like. If the extension is important for most teams but Meier narrows it down to one team it can make it harder for Grier and lower the price.

And I don’t see how it’s gonna drive up the price either. Just makes it happen quicker but I’m not sure they’re in a rush. Seems more like they’re waiting for someone to really pay up which may not happen. Worse case they give him the QO and revisit in the summer.

SJ would be better off taking the offer that's best right now because that offer is going to be complete shit in the summer.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Still gonna complain about Zetterlund out because I'm spoiled brat and wanted to see if his quads or Stevens's biceps are bigger.
cut.png

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Basically the Sharks are not signing him before the trade or allowing the team acquiring him to talk extension before. Friedman is saying you acquire him and figure out a contract afterwards.
Isn’t that dumb? Wouldn’t you get more if parameters of a deal are allowed to be worked out before the trade?

I see this as GREAT for NJ. They give up less without talking to him, yet knowing that he’s willing to sign here.

Other teams see that writing on the wall and are dropping out.

Timo somewhat forcing his way to NJ? If it’s true, nice to be on this side for once.

Reactions: DevilsHughes86

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Just realized we are 15-3-2 over our last 20 games
Doesn't make sense. Basically the same team as last year

No idea why the Sharks seem so against teams negotiating an extension to drive up price. Not a good look for Grier as a rookie GM
Personally I think the extension adds less value than people think

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

SJ would be better off taking the offer that's best right now because that offer is going to be complete shit in the summer.
They probably want to trade him now but are really hoping someone will really try to make it happen. Seems less likely with other teams starting to look at back up options and get impatient.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Isn’t that dumb? Wouldn’t you get more if parameters of a deal are allowed to be worked out before the trade?

I see this as GREAT for NJ. They give up less without talking to him, yet knowing that he’s willing to sign here.

Other teams see that writing on the wall and are dropping out.

Timo somewhat forcing his way to NJ? If it’s true, nice to be on this side for once.
Yup, Fitz needs to keep playing his cards right here and have Grier fold!

Reactions: BostonDevil

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
They probably want to trade him now but are really hoping someone will really try to make it happen. Seems less likely with other teams starting to look at back up options and get impatient.

Vegas - interconference/division tax + nothing to offer

Carolina - for as scary as they are, their organization draws a line at every player contract wise and never goes over it. They could also be scared that if they continue messing around with Timo they could lose their plan B options and with their timeline like Nino today, they can't afford it like NJ

Devils - they have nothing to lose here and can out wait every team and if he doesn't come here, so be it

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I watched a lot of the Blues game this afternoon and I must admit Barbashev was really really good. I don't know what the Blues will ask and get in return, but the guy was really solid and I think can help us not only for this year but years to come.

Reactions: Guadana

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I watched a lot of the Blues game this afternoon and I must admit Barbashev was really really good. I don't know what the Blues will ask and get in return, but the guy was really solid and I think can help us not only for this year but years to come.

Canes target could easily be him, he's phenomenal in space and their centers create a ton of space for them as is.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Doesn't make sense. Basically the same team as last year

Personally I think the extension adds less value than people think

Good goaltending production from Hamilton. Career years from jack Nico bratt. That’s the difference add a piece to polish off the season

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
The reported comp was a second + prospect or maybe a first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad