Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'll be really pissed off if Ryan Carter signs with the Rangers, and we're stuck with Berner/Gionta.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'll be really pissed off if Ryan Carter signs with the Rangers, and we're stuck with Berner/Gionta.

I still don't know why Carter wasn't signed first, he's worth more than those two other turds combined. God forbid we lose Gionta, we have to lock him up for two years, barf. :shakehead

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I still don't know why Carter wasn't signed first, he's worth more than those two other turds combined. God forbid we lose Gionta, we have to lock him up for two years, barf. :shakehead

The two years baffles me but shows that the organization (or at least Lou) values him and his role more than most on HF.

Carter isn't signed because of Carter. He's either trying to get addition years in negotiation, more $ or probably both. Hell, if Gionta got 2 years, would you sign Carter to 3 or 4 years at 1.25 to 1.5 a year?

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
The two years baffles me but shows that the organization (or at least Lou) values him and his role more than most on HF.

Carter isn't signed because of Carter. He's either trying to get addition years in negotiation, more $ or probably both. Hell, if Gionta got 2 years, would you sign Carter to 3 or 4 years at 1.25 to 1.5 a year?

Absolutely not. 2 years 1.25 million is the max contract I'd give him

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would have rather brought back Carter for $1.25 million than Bernier for free.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Wonder what the issue is with Carter.

Also, just thinking about Eric Gelinas has me really excited for this season.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Absolutely not. 2 years 1.25 million is the max contract I'd give him

Well if Gionta gets 2 why wouldn't an actually useful Carter get more? I agree btw... That type of a player I wouldn't give more than 2 years.

Wonder what the issue is with Carter.

Also, just thinking about Eric Gelinas has me really excited for this season.

The young D in general does this for me. I'm prepared to live with the growing pains as well but the fact that they all played last year or before makes it a positive. Can't wait to see that booming shot all season!

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I think the deal with Carter is that NJ may also be looking at having room for Matteau. Matteau is a center/LW and it could be argued that he could bring the same type of game that Carter does.

If we were able to move Ruutu and/or Zubrus, then there could be room to bring Carter back and that's probably what the holdup was. Perhaps Lou asked for a few days to try to work out a deal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the deal with Carter is that NJ may also be looking at having room for Matteau. Matteau is a center/LW and it could be argued that he could bring the same type of game that Carter does.

If we were able to move Ruutu and/or Zubrus, then there could be room to bring Carter back and that's probably what the holdup was. Perhaps Lou asked for a few days to try to work out a deal.

Doubt it. Enough guys most likely come off the books that if Matteu is ready it won't be Carter blocking him. Kid is going to get top 9 minutes when he comes up.

Hold up is the holiday and most likely other teams actually want carter which most likely wasn't the case with the other two. (Especially Bernier. His contract is proof not a soul was interested. Team or two might or sniffed at Gio.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
I would wager Merrill over Larsson simply because of the faith the staff seems to have in Jonny over Adam at this point in time. That could change as the season progresses, but yeah.

MissionCanucksFan

Mar 2, 2014
Canucks Fan here coming in peace

Few weeks ago Burrows was approached by Benning to waive to go to you guys but he said no. Just curious as to who you guys were offering and how you see value in him. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad