Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I've actually seen Jacobs play twice... He is the anti Adam Larsson to me.... Where as Larsson has all the skill in the world but struggles with his skating, Jacobs makes up for some lack of skill with silky smooth skating, gets him in trouble sometimes tho. If we could get Jeff Goldblum over and do a fly thingy and combine the two....wow

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Very doubtful Lars sees any PP time. Just no reason for it. Zids Gely Greene and Merrill all slot ahead of him at the points to me.

Lars will need to step up and become a big PKer though.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Very doubtful Lars sees any PP time. Just no reason for it. Zids Gely Greene and Merrill all slot ahead of him at the points to me.

The PK is one of my biggest concerns when it comes to the defense. With Volchenkov and Fayne gone, it really leaves Merrill and Larsson as the only two options to replace them. Unless we're going to have Zidlicky and Gelinas killing penalties (I think I just threw a clot).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
this is his big chance to make money

I cannot see him taking anything less than say, 5 years.

Lundqvist is getting his big contract from 32-40. Hypothetically Cory would be 32 at the end of a three year extension. But no I don't think this is going to be a short term deal either.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
The PK is one of my biggest concerns when it comes to the defense. With Volchenkov and Fayne gone, it really leaves Merrill and Larsson as the only two options to replace them. Unless we're going to have Zidlicky and Gelinas killing penalties (I think I just threw a clot).

My guess is Greene will play on the PK - pretty sure he played some last yr. I've got no problem letting the kids learn on the fly. Of course, I may feel differently in Nov after they're ranked last in the league on the PK.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The PK is all about knowing when to hang back and when to pressure.

If that doesn't teach a kid how to play in his own zone, nothing else will.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
NHL INSIDER @acall04: "Another source within the devils organization says Bobby Ryan could end up in NJ. Has one year left on contract, not interested in extension" 5 July 2014

Sign me up. Would love to see:

Cam-Zajac-Jagr
Ruutu-Henrique-Ryan
Clowe-Elias-Havlat
Carter-Gionta-Zubrus
Bernier

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Well there are NO sources within the Devils organization...so I guess that ends that.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
The only plausible way the Devils will have have a under 30 scoring winger is going to be through the draft unfortunately.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Travis should be at the point or up high on the PP. The guy has a fantastic shot, great passing ability and is the best defensive forward on the team.

Zajac should be up top over Gelinas and arguably Zidlicky as well

Gelinas is still a liability by himself up top

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Ryan is Flyers or California bound. Zero chance he comes here...he isn't a fan of north jersey and use to bash northern jersey on twitter before Devils fans started giving him **** about it.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

I agree, but he needs to be given an opportunity at least.

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
If Ryan is not interested in an extension with the Ducks maybe they lose a little leverage there and will trade with us. That is only if that means we do not have to relinquish a 1st. We have a lot of spare parts, some defensive prospects. See if Ryan can become Devil? Crazier things have happened. Maybe that is why Lou is stockpiling forwards. He is fishing. For something that will make a significant impact. Maybe not though. Who knows.

The idea is risky. He could just bolt to Philadelphia next year. But will they have the money? I guess they could just print it, thats what I figured they do over there anyways.

The thought of Corey Locked up long term with Bobby Ryan to build around up front. That is a more promising future than our current reality. And it might be a possible one. One thing I am sure off is Lou works tirelessly to make this team better. Those who think otherwise spend too much time inside their own ignorance.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
theres no way we are in any position to be going after any player with 1 year left on their contract. I don't care who they are.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
So in the past few days I've read here that Zidlicky and Zajac, two of the best shots on the team, do not have good shots

Nice

Great

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If Ryan is not interested in an extension with the Ducks maybe they lose a little leverage there and will trade with us. That is only if that means we do not have to relinquish a 1st. We have a lot of spare parts, some defensive prospects. See if Ryan can become Devil? Crazier things have happened. Maybe that is why Lou is stockpiling forwards. He is fishing. For something that will make a significant impact. Maybe not though. Who knows.

The idea is risky. He could just bolt to Philadelphia next year. But will they have the money? I guess they could just print it, thats what I figured they do over there anyways.

The thought of Corey Locked up long term with Bobby Ryan to build around up front. That is a more promising future than our current reality. And it might be a possible one. One thing I am sure off is Lou works tirelessly to make this team better. Those who think otherwise spend too much time inside their own ignorance.

If Ryan were still on the Ducks we still wouldnt have what it needs to get him nor should we dump the necessary assets for a guy who will not re-sign. However hes on the Senators so everything I said still applies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Bobby Ryan plays for the Senators now.

IMO you don't give up anything of importance to your team for a player with 1 year left that has already stated he doesn't want an extention. That being said, Ottawa wouldn't want our scraps unless every other team agrees with my thinking.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
With Ryan, I could see Lou pulling a fast one on the Senators. Their owner seems to be in a financial bind as he tends to publicly whine about how broke he is on a fairly regular basis. The team could very well be looking to rebuild on the cheap so it wouldn't necessarily shock me if it happened. I wouldn't say it's likely but it wouldn't be a shocker if it happened. As for him re-upping here, we're gonna have the cap space to pay him well and money can make most anyone like a team. There is no way he winds up in Philly though. That team is mismanaged and cap heavy and that's not gonna change anytime soon. Whether he comes here or not I don't see him in Philly at all.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
Continue.

About 5 posts early, but I didn't want to start a conversation at 995 posts in the old thread.

Could Schneider's deal possibly be a bridge contract? Maybe he wants to see the direction of this team with him leading it? I could see a 2-3 year deal.

It wouldn't be what they consider a bridge deal but a 3 year deal would be the smartest move in a long time by Lou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad