Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Bobby Ryan is not that great. He comes from the Ryan Callahan school of getting overrated because he hits people.

Except Ryan can score goals. Not counting the lockout his lowest goal total since 08-09 is 23. Hes averaging almost 28 goals a year since hes been a regular NHLer so hes kind of nothing like Callahan. Overrated, maybe but not like Callahan.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Bobby Ryan is not that great. He comes from the Ryan Callahan school of getting overrated because he hits people.

Bobby Ryan has four 30 goal seasons out of the five full 82 game seasons he's played in his career (that excludes the lockout and his rookie season). He's a damn good hockey player.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Send Brunner, Zubie, next year's second and some random chaff (Harrold, a sixth, Whitney, you get the idea) to Sens for Ryan. Just make his agent Spezza them first, and sold.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Love what Ryan would add to the Devils. Dont want to trade because he is going UFA. I am not sold that he is going to sign with the Flyers for sure, but the kid wants to get paid and will test UFA. If it was a player we had have chance at re-signing then cool.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Love what Ryan would add to the Devils. Dont want to trade because he is going UFA. I am not sold that he is going to sign with the Flyers for sure, but the kid wants to get paid and will test UFA. If it was a player we had have chance at re-signing then cool.

I think the Flyers would probably move bodies around to make the $ work.You know they would disregard team needs and go full Sather just to bring in a shiny new foward. I'm expecting him to end up there. I think the only way he would come to the Devils would be if we way overpaid for him.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I think the Flyers would probably move bodies around to make the $ work.You know they would disregard team needs and go full Sather just to bring in a shiny new foward. I'm expecting him to end up there. I think the only way he would come to the Devils would be if we way overpaid for him.

They will have to move people they have a whole lot of money tied up it looks like.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Ryan is one if those players that we've been rumored to try and trade for for a few seasons. When you account for Lou's love for specific players as well as the fact that we're still trying to add forwards (re: chasing Vrbata) I could easily see the Devils try and make a move for him.

Ryan is good for 25-30 goals and plays a solid two-way game. He'd be a great fit here and I'd love him on the team. I wouldn't mind the rental aspect of the situation as long as we don't pay too hefty a price.

And if he were to come here and we were actually winning, if the owners were willing to pony up and make him one of the team's premiere centerpieces, don't discount the possibility of him re-signing. No one thought Kovy was going to stay...

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
step 1: get this team back into the playoffs
step 2: make this team a contender

I think once we're a solid team again, players will include the Devils on their "teams I would want to play for" list

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
They will have to move people they have a whole lot of money tied up it looks like.

It just wouldn't surprise me, they constantly have big contracts going in and out in recent years it seems. Maybe things change under Hextall...but the Umberger trade wasn't a great start to change all that.

Ryan is one if those players that we've been rumored to try and trade for for a few seasons. When you account for Lou's love for specific players as well as the fact that we're still trying to add forwards (re: chasing Vrbata) I could easily see the Devils try and make a move for him.

Ryan is good for 25-30 goals and plays a solid two-way game. He'd be a great fit here and I'd love him on the team. I wouldn't mind the rental aspect of the situation as long as we don't pay too hefty a price.

And if he were to come here and we were actually winning, if the owners were willing to pony up and make him one of the team's premiere centerpieces, don't discount the possibility of him re-signing. No one thought Kovy was going to stay...

step 1: get this team back into the playoffs
step 2: make this team a contender

I think once we're a solid team again, players will include the Devils on their "teams I would want to play for" list

Agree with all of the above, I think the Devils generally have a good reputation with the players around the league to begin with, they just need to get back to being a playoff team and we will look more attractive than we currently are. The reality is money talks the most, so now that we have owners that will spend again, we can be more competitive in the free agent market and retain more of our own players.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I really hate all these Bob McKensie wannabe's on twitter. This same "NHL INSIDER" guy tweeted Scott Gomez may come here on a tryout and Schneider 7 year 40 million. Ok

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Only way I'd want to trade for Ryan would be if somehow his value got knocked down a peg or two and we could throw a couple young guys Ottawa's way and get him on the relative cheap. If he comes here, we make the playoffs and we're competitive again, I doubt he'd have qualms signing here long term. Especially since he'd be "the man" and he could pick up a fat paycheck.

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Clowe-Henrique-Ryan
Ruutu-Elias-Havlat
Carter-Josefson-Gionta

Pretty nasty lineup, but unless the above circumstances come true, I'd like to wait for free agency to try and net him.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'm not trading much at all for one year of Ryan. Think Helgeson+Bell/Black+2nd round pick.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
It's hard for an opinion to be wrong, but good for you for trying your hardest here.

His shot is severely, severely underrated.

40sec

2 examples...big deal. He doesn't shoot enough. His shot is not a threat from the point. Every time they have used him there he hasn't lasted long in that position.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
2 examples...big deal. He doesn't shoot enough. His shot is not a threat from the point. Every time they have used him there he hasn't lasted long in that position.

Because Chico is prob the next best option in faceoffs. He's a solid pp point man. He's smart enough and versatile enough. And gosh darn it, people like him.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Yes hes a young scoring forward, but not the type of player we want to give assets for

He's a young scoring forward that you give assets for. Or possibly evander kane. If it had to be done then whatever. We need that kind of blood back on the roster.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
No thanks to Kadri for Larsson. I rather package Larsson for Skinner/Kane/Yakupov/ect. A WINGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad