Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 ET - Tuesday November 6th 2018

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's insane how fast they move the puck on the PP. Like holy ****. Where was this last year?

GB is in charge of the PP this season

This season the PP quarterback on the first unit, in most cases, leaves for the bench about about halfway through the PP, and the second unit PP QB takes over ......... this is a change from last season.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I noticed tonight that they sent in 2 forecheckers many a time which made it harder for NJ to break out. Another adjustment was Pyatt Paajarvi split up in the end when there was the extra man advantage.

Some nice adjustments and nice to see Ottawa dominate at times. Best win of the season.

They have shown that they can play 2 good periods many times this season. To put three periods together is crucial for the teams confidence.

Happy.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Duchene apologizing profusely to Marty Raymond in his post-game interview.

"I want to extend my deepest apologies to Raymond. He's a heck of a person and coach. and he did not deserve that whatsoever. I sincerely sincerely mean that."
Yes, same interview I heard. In my opinion, he sounded sincere. I feel his tone of voice was different... sounded emotional.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
18 yrs old - JB Docker
19 yrs old - Formenton, Tkachuk, Norris & Kelly
20 yrs old - Batherson, Gustavsson, Brown & Nurmi
21 yrs old - White, Chabot, Lajoie, Chlapik, Balcers & Gagné
22 yrs old - Jaros & Englund
23 yrs old - Paul, Harpur, Wolanin, Hogberg & Bergman
24 yrs old - Ceci, Tierny, Rodewald, Tambellini & Sieloff

That's more than a whole team of prospects under 25 yrs old & a number of them are very good prospects for this organization, some better than others. In no particular order .... 25 players between 18 yrs old to 24 yrs old & Ottawa has access to 19 of them this yr, that's not a bad list of prospects.

Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson
Balcers - White - Rodewald
Tambellinin - Chlapik - Gagné
Paul - Tierny -
Kelly - Norris - Formenton - unavailable this yr

Chabot - Ceci
Lajoie - Jaros
Wolanin - Harpur/Bergman/Englund/Sieloff
JBD - unavailable this yr

Hogberg - Gustavsson
Daccord - Hollett - Mandolese - unavailable this yr
Now imagine if we had our first round pick this year

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
If we can re-sign Duchene and not finish in the bottom-5 in the standings this season, I'll be ok with losing our pick this year.

I mean, I won't be jumping for joy over the idea, but I can stomach it in that scenario.

When they get Tkachuk and Smith back and if then can stay reasonably healthy the rest of the season, and the kids continue to gel and progress and get better....I could see them actually challenge for a wild card spot. Either way, well out of the bottom 5.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
PD needs to trade or waive both Wideman & Pyatt asap, the team no longer has a need for them IMO, in fact, I would consider moving Pajaarvi, McCormick, Boedker & Rodewald as well & bringing up Brown & Gagné soon. I'd look to move Smith, Pageau, Condon, Tierny, Boro & DeMello next yr since they have Chlapik, Batherson, Brown, Balcers, Gagne & maybe Formenton, Norris & JBD coming next yr.

Chlapik - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Tierny - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Paul - Brown - Gagné - they must like something about this guy, they moved up to get him (20 goals last yr)

Chabot - DeMello
Lajoie - Ceci
Harpur - Jaros/Boro

Anderson - Hogberg/Condon

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
tonight was nice to especially see them not run out of gas in the third. I was getting worried that perhaps all these kids weren't quite ready for the rigors of an NHL schedule and the more punishing minutes they are being asked to play..perhaps they are turning a corner as they just flat out looked great all around tonight.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Now imagine if we had our first round pick this year
I don't really care about not having a first rd pick for the next draft although there is still plenty of time to address that depending on who re-signs & who may not. Ottawa does have an opportunity to get a first round pick in 2019 from SJ because of the EK trade if SJ misses the playoffs? If not, that becomes a 2020 1st rd pick which at this time would give Ottawa two first rd picks in 2020. I also don't care because they have so many good young prospects in their pool who are very good & could be on the roster within the next couple of yrs.

Batherson has turned into what I would consider a 1st rd pick, Norris was a good 1st rd pick, Balcers is looking real good, Lajoie could be considered as good as some 1st rd picks, if Gustavsson ever becomes a #1 goalie that should be considered a 1st rd pick, Chlapik looks like a player who might be better than some first rd picks, Formenton could turn into a good enough player to be a 1st rd pick & they actual have Tkachuk, Brown, White & Chabot who are first rd picks who have so far turned out very well for them with Norris & JBD who could also be good players for Ottawa coming soon. So they traded away their first rd pick for next yr, so what, they got an elite player back & have got plenty of good players to replace it IMO. Even if Duchene is traded it's quite likely he will also return another 1st rd pick, so would Stone & maybe Dzingel but I think they are re-signed.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What a game! Besides the guys that have been mentioned who were good, Tierney is a good player, makes good decisions with the puck, wins battles, and attacks the net. Ceci and Jaros both had good games.

Some ups and downs for sure so far, but man, this team can score goals, and the PP looks super dangerous. From an entertainment point of view those are two massive bonuses.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wish we could've played this game on the weekend instead of that fish-in-a-barrel show I was forced to watch. Either way, good on the boys for upping their game and thanks to NJ for sacrifcing themselves for it. Nothing I love so much as Stone's emotion when we score :)

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Pyatt is playing himself out of the NHL. Paul has surpassed him.

He plays so timid, but in a way that appears to almost look aggressive, he takes really odds lanes to "try" to get to the puck in which it looks like he intentionally wants to lose the battle every shift. The only effect thing he does sometimes is get the puck down low and have 4 seconds of board play. I felt like he brought something to the team previous years, this year he looks like a ECHLer that can skate ok.

Reactions: aragorn

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
PD needs to trade or waive both Wideman & Pyatt asap, the team no longer has a need for them IMO,

Both of them are on expiring contracts, and thus are perfect low level depth acquisitions for a contender at the deadline. Hold on to them, and trade them each for a 5th is something come February.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad