Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 ET - Tuesday November 6th 2018

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe having put together the UFA line is a good strategy. If they develop chemistry together (we're starting to see it between Duchene and Stone), maybe they can be enticed to all sign back here and continue to play together?

And we don't lose any chemistry when they all leave. ;)

Reactions: DrEasy

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Boro and Ryan can have the night off. Or the year, just take all the time in the world.

Andy not being out is big. At some point another goalie has gotta get a start in here though.
Road trip to Florida after this next game against Vegas. We play back to back games this weekend again. Maybe start the backup against the Panthers or something.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
For the first time since the playoffs a few years ago I think Ryan is actually looking pretty good 5 on 5. Hopefully it can last.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Good win.

Stone is a god, and Chabot is a king.

But how the **** was Pyatt a -3 in a game with 7-3. He has yet to be one ice this season where the team scored a goal with him on it. How the **** is this possible.

I love how Boucher keeps going back to this ****ty line. They start the game, and first shift they give up a 2on1. We get scored on, he puts the Pyatt line out there again, gets scored on again. This dude never learns from his mistakes.
Pyatt has looked so so so so so bad this year.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'd say he's been fine.

Not ideal for a guy making that much money but hey, what can you do.

I get what you're saying. He doesn't look noticeably bad out there. He doesn't make evident or flashy mistakes but damn the guy doesn't create anything out there. When you're not creating anything and getting scored on at the rate he does it's problematic. The fact that he doesnt create anything, and his role is easily replaceable with some guys that we do have, means that his overall impact on the game can only be either neutral (if he doesn't allow any goals against or a lot of chances) or negative.

I think a team could use a guy like Pyatt and probably give him more favourable minutes than what Boucher is giving him. He has a good head for the game and is still a useful player but I don't see how he deserves to be on the roster at this point when injured players come back.

I don't think having him on the roster is a bad thing but the guy should get scratched when he deserves to be just like any other player who has a bad game. FWIW I think he would be a great 13th forward for us.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ryan has been a pretty important player lately.

I'd say he's been the most consistent guy on the PP.
okay hes played well..really well even. but outside of the new jersey game our last few games have been disasters with him playing well.. so how important is he really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad