GDT: Devils @ Sabres - 8pm, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I clearly remember a Devils goaltender being pushed into the net after laying on his back to save a goal and the goal counted. It happened sometime in the last 12 years I know it.

time for me to try and find the video.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I thought the D did a really good job containing Thompson tonight. I've watched him shred basically every team they have played.

Yeah. Thompson legit scared me going into the game but they bottled him up all night. He has one decent chance in the 2nd but really nothing other than that. Devils outworked their top line every shift it felt like.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Dude just leave other teams boards alone man. You are asking for it. They are irrationally upset because their team lost. Just like we are literally every single time something goes against us.
At the end of the day you guys outplayed us and completely deserved to win the game. Simple as that.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m spoiled now. At first I felt disappointed we “only won 3-1”….
”Good “ game. Outplayed them and held a team to 1 goal that had scored 13 in the prior 2 games.
Schmid played awesome .

Bratt has been average the past 2/3 games? Not sure what’s going on with him . Maybe try him with Hughes again for a game or even a few shifts or ?

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Nico point = Win
1669435024058.png

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Yeah. Thompson legit scared me going into the game but they bottled him up all night. He has one decent chance in the 2nd but really nothing other than that. Devils outworked their top line every shift it felt like.

I've been very impressed at how good the Devils have been at containing opposing star players. And it's not simple line matching either, like in the old days when Madden would be stapled to a guy's hip. We are playing top lines against top lines, and winning the puck possession battles to deny them chances.

Can't score on us if we always have the puck in your zone.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I’m spoiled now. At first I felt disappointed we “only won 3-1”….
”Good “ game. Outplayed them and held a team to 1 goal that had scored 13 in the prior 2 games.
Schmid played awesome .

Bratt has been average the past 2/3 games? Not sure what’s going on with him . Maybe try him with Hughes again for a game or even a few shifts or ?

Sabres have scored one less goal than us this season. They’re near the top of the league offensively. We were always going to give up chances against them. So I will take a 3-1 win and f***ing run.

Camille the Eel

Given who we’ve been the last few years, this feels like a big win tonight. Playing to form, asserting that we aren’t now going to go on a losing streak, beating a club we should beat and need to beat and a club that needed this game very very much.

I can’t believe we only scored 3. It seems like we could have had six or eight with the looks we got. But we dominated much of the evening and Schmid was there to cover when we didn’t. Buffalo is a talented club and better than their record indicates.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I've been very impressed at how good the Devils have been at containing opposing star players. And it's not simple line matching either, like in the old days when Madden would be stapled to a guy's hip. We are playing top lines against top lines, and winning the puck possession battles to deny them chances.

Can't score on us if we always have the puck in your zone.
I didn’t even really notice Thompson that much really . That line is usually all over the other team and generates a ton of chances. I thought we negated them pretty damn good.
It is huge having two D pairings that are killing it defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia