GDT: Devils @ Sabres - 8pm, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looked like a stoppable goal on Schmid, but the stick from Haula (I think?) went flying and definitely changed it up.

That's the second goal he's allowed where something like that happened. I think Nico tried to block it last week in Ottawa and it squeaked in because of it.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Dude just leave other teams boards alone man. You are asking for it. They are irrationally upset because their team lost. Just like we are literally every single time something goes against us.
I have discussions wether we win or lose. But when we win I get kicked out for having discussion. When we lose I don’t.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have discussions wether we win or lose. But when we win I get kicked out for having discussion. When we lose I don’t.

Like I said, irrational. And when you lose, the last thing you feel like doing is hearing it from a fan of the team that just beat you. There is no way for it to come across as anything other than gloating even if it's clearly not.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
1669434779645.png

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Looked like a stoppable goal on Schmid, but the stick from Haula (I think?) went flying and definitely changed it up.

That's the second goal he's allowed where something like that happened. I think Nico tried to block it last week in Ottawa and it squeaked in because of it.

Agree. I think Haula‘s stick caused him to misplay that puck. He was on point otherwise. Good angles and good reaction. I’m intrigued with Schmid. Looks like he may be able to carve out a solid backup role at the very least. Look forward to a larger sample size with him.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Blackwood will nominally be the backup when he is fully healthy, but it will be a situation where if anything happens to VV Schmid will automatically leapfrog MB.

He should leapfrog, but I don't see them playing Schmid over Blackwood if he's healthy and it comes to that.

Reactions: HBK27

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blackwood will nominally be the backup when he is fully healthy, but it will be a situation where if anything happens to VV Schmid will automatically leapfrog MB.
I don't ever wanna see him again, but we won't be that lucky.

You can count on him to play at least one game a week, like Schmid has been doing in his absence. Until he pulls something or f***s something up again, however long that will be. If Vitek has a rough patch like he did last year in Washington, I wouldn't be surprised to see them roll with that shit head more often, just like Laviolette did with Samsonov last year when that happened.

I think brakes need to be pumped with Schmid, if not only because we saw Daws start hot before he started getting into too many games and didn't Blackwood himself come out and have 2 shutouts in his 4 or 5 NHL starts?

But like I said, Daws may have crumbled because he was forced to be the starter, because Gillies just became completely and utterly unplayable. Schmid shouldn't find himself in a position where he has to be the man.

I'm confident one of Schmid or Daws can put up better goaltending than #29 next year and they'll do it a MUCH cheaper cost. Money can be better allocated to spend elsewhere than a BAD and injury prone goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad