Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Patrik Elias

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
What's his no look pass to Arnott in Dallas, 17th on your list?

Jk

Holy ****. My brain right now. 2000 on my brain and I stopped at the ECF? :shakehead

Let's make it top 5

1. 2000 Cup winning Assist to Arnott
2. Crushing Philly's hopes & dreams
3. Taking down Ott
4. Sykora snub
5. Scoring shorthanded when he should have been in the penalty box

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I was never worried.

It is physically impossible to imagine him in another uniform. (Don't photoshop that ****...) Starting sewing the banner.

Zubes and Patty gave us a 4th liner's worth of capspace too. Not much but could be the difference in paying Clowe or Weiss.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Don't know if it was posted, but....

BOXgx6eCYAAENi4.jpg:large

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Elias is better than Clarkson right now, and might very well be when this contract ends as well. I don't know how anyone can argue that Clarkson deserves a better contract, unless we're talking length since Elias is an older player.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Leafs fans trying to justify Clarkson's potential contract.
Flyers fans trying to justify... who knows?

Other than that, morons.

God they REALLY need to hope the Oilers save them from themselves.

Can't complain about this. It is a good deal, he is a devil lifer, and is extremely important to this lineup right now. It would be nearly impossible to replace Elias right now on the market if at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You don't replace a player like Patrik Elias. You can however, replace a player like David Clarkson.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
On a serious note, I did not think that Patrik had to take a paycut when you consider where his game is at right now, very glad he's re-signed at something reasonable.

We're not going to like the contract very much by the end of it, but it's worth it to keep Patty a lifer.

Holy ****. My brain right now. 2000 on my brain and I stopped at the ECF? :shakehead

Let's make it top 5

1. 2000 Cup winning Assist to Arnott
2. Crushing Philly's hopes & dreams
3. Taking down Ott
4. Sykora snub
5. Scoring shorthanded when he should have been in the penalty box

That was a hell of a troll job on Pittsburgh. Too bad they got pissed about Patty's stunt and scored twice immediately to win that game. :laugh:

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Elias is better than Clarkson right now, and might very well be when this contract ends as well. I don't know how anyone can argue that Clarkson deserves a better contract, unless we're talking length since Elias is an older player.

I don't know. Clarkson was better in the 2012 playoff run until he got hurt. At his age, Elias disappears when the games get physical.

Beetlebum*

Absolute lie the most physical game the Devils have played recently were games 5 and 6 against the Kings. He and his line were the best line on the ice, and a shift prior to the ******** penalty on Bernier almost resulted in the lead. Sykora missed by mere inches.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know. Clarkson was better in the 2012 playoff run until he got hurt. At his age, Elias disappears when the games get physical.

It was reported after the playoffs ended that he had a groin injury, and it required surgery. Clarkson apparently had a broken bone in his foot too.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I can't agree with you. I've always observed that angry Patty is the best Patty, and I think it's as true now as it was at any age.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I feel like an awful Devils fan because I don't have an Elias jersey. That will change next season...

It's funny, I ended up with an Elias jersey by accident. Before I graduated college in June of 2002, I decided that I would get an Arnott jersey as a reward for myself. Arnott gets traded at the deadline that year. So instead, I decide that I'll get a Sykora jersey. He gets traded a couple weeks after graduation, but thankfully before I could get the order placed.

So I "settled" for an Elias. Not sure why he was my least favorite of the three at the time.

I was somewhat worried about Elias leaving a few months back. I stumbled on a couple of Elias jersey shirts at a Marshall's which was definitely weird since I'm in San Diego. Typically Marshall's will get a batch of outdated stuff, or occasionally if a team store needs to liquidate a bunch of jerseys for a player that they know is leaving. Ie, there was a ton of Vincent Jackson jerseys that hit the shelves before his last season with the Chargers. So I was worried that the Patty shirts were going to be a sign that he was on the outs.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
It's funny, I ended up with an Elias jersey by accident. Before I graduated college in June of 2002, I decided that I would get an Arnott jersey as a reward for myself. Arnott gets traded at the deadline that year. So instead, I decide that I'll get a Sykora jersey. He gets traded a couple weeks after graduation, but thankfully before I could get the order placed.

So I "settled" for an Elias. Not sure why he was my least favorite of the three at the time.

I was somewhat worried about Elias leaving a few months back. I stumbled on a couple of Elias jersey shirts at a Marshall's which was definitely weird since I'm in San Diego. Typically Marshall's will get a batch of outdated stuff, or occasionally if a team store needs to liquidate a bunch of jerseys for a player that they know is leaving. Ie, there was a ton of Vincent Jackson jerseys that hit the shelves before his last season with the Chargers. So I was worried that the Patty shirts were going to be a sign that he was on the outs.

Jesus man. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that there was an Elias jersey shirt at a Marshall's in San Diego. That's so random :laugh:

Semak

I'll take one small and one in medium. Don't worry about the money, I'm good for it.

Only jersey I own, Elias throwback. After not being home for 3 years, my family got it as a welcome home present. That's all I need for now.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Man, I have 2 Elias jerseys :laugh:
It used to be 3, but 1 was a present from my 13th (?) birthday... my first Devils jersey. Finally parted ways with it this year and gave it to my friends younger sister.

Sorry to say that I only have Brodeur player tee and nothing else. Gotta fix that soon.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Man, I have 2 Elias jerseys :laugh:
It used to be 3, but 1 was a present from my 13th (?) birthday... my first Devils jersey. Finally parted ways with it this year and gave it to my friends younger sister.

Sorry to say that I only have Brodeur player tee and nothing else. Gotta fix that soon.

Guess we're in opposite positions. I have 3 Brodeur jerseys. All 3 are signed so I don't wear them to games anymore....

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't have many of that player T-shirts though I have a lot of jerseys. Only ones from the current team are Patty, Kovy, and Marty.

I have a Marty T from last year with the 2012 SCF patch on it. I also have the Kovy T-shirt with his name on Russian.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Guess we're in opposite positions. I have 3 Brodeur jerseys. All 3 are signed so I don't wear them to games anymore....

Autographs are another thing I haven't fought enough for.
My collection of autographed things pretty much starts and ends with Pandolfo.

But he was my favorite player not named Elias back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad