Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Patrik Elias

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Autographs are another thing I haven't fought enough for.
My collection of autographed things pretty much starts and ends with Pandolfo.

But he was my favorite player not named Elias back then.

For some reason I'm obsessed with getting my stuff autographed. The following are signed:

3 Brodeur jerseys
Henrique jersey
Kovalchuk jersey
2 Zajac jerseys
2 Parise jerseys
Ticket from the game in Pittsburgh where Marty broke sawchucks SO record
Game used signed Parise S17 Easton stick

The best time to get these guys is after practice at the Pru..

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
For some reason I'm obsessed with getting my stuff autographed. The following are:

3 Brodeur jerseys
Henrique jersey
Kovalchuk jersey
2 Zajac jerseys
2 Parise jerseys
Ticket from the game in Pittsburgh where Marty broke sawchucks SO record
Game used signed Parise S17 Easton stick

The best time to get these guys is after practice at the Pru..

My friend works at Prudential and says a lot of the people he works with run into random players going to lunch near places at the Rock.
I'm in and out of Elizabeth a few times this summer, I might just try my luck and grab lunch down that way.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
My friend works at Prudential and says a lot of the people he works with run into random players going to lunch near places at the Rock.
I'm in and out of Elizabeth a few times this summer, I might just try my luck and grab lunch down that way.

Wouldn't hurt. Honestly, I don't know how anyone could stay away from Dino BBQ :laugh::laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm real hesitant to meet players cause I'm always afraid they might be *****, and I don't want it to ruin it for me. I have met Marty and Patty before, but this was years ago. Like back in the 90s. That's all I've met from the current team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am poor so all I have is my Marty jersey right now. Might have to get myslef a Xmas present this year in an Elias jersey.

Always feel weird as I am like one of the only fans with no autographs on my jersey. Maybe one day, like to get Marty to jon hancock my jersey some day. (off topic but I need Rivera to sign my Rivera jersey too)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Jesus man. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that there was an Elias jersey shirt at a Marshall's in San Diego. That's so random :laugh:

882523_10101461710761744_156574933_o.jpg

I had to do a double take when I saw it. For some reason, they had a 2003 championship DVD there for like $1.99 a couple years ago too. I bought it just to have a backup.

I'll take one small and one in medium. Don't worry about the money, I'm good for it.

I bought the two Mediums that they had. They had a pair of Larges which I almost bought too. I wore one today after seeing he had re-signed.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area

I had to do a double take when I saw it. For some reason, they had a 2003 championship DVD there for like $1.99 a couple years ago too. I bought it just to have a backup.

I bought the two Mediums that they had. They had a pair of Larges which I almost bought too. I wore one today after seeing he had re-signed.

You're awesome. Great call! Hahaha I'll probably buy his winter classic jersey this season...

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Wouldn't hurt. Honestly, I don't know how anyone could stay away from Dino BBQ :laugh::laugh:

Went to a wedding last summer where they catered. It was in upstate NY - they were outback with their smokers cooking everything up fresh. It was amazing. Haven't been to the one Newark yet - how big is the place?

I'd say that's so random, but I always run into some random devils apparel :laugh:
Whenever I'm in Vancouver, there's always an odd piece of Devils paraphernalia somewhere... it's really bizarre

63081_635531477799_7412085_n.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Went to a wedding last summer where they catered. It was in upstate NY - they were outback with their smokers cooking everything up fresh. It was amazing. Haven't been to the one Newark yet - how big is the place?

I'd say that's so random, but I always run into some random devils apparel :laugh:
Whenever I'm in Vancouver, there's always an odd piece of Devils paraphernalia somewhere... it's really bizarre

63081_635531477799_7412085_n.jpg

Dino BBQ in Newark is a fairly large restaurant. Long bar and a vast amount of tables. Jesus, now you have me craving that and I may go tomorrow. :laugh::laugh:

Semak

That's awesome.

Can't beat the price. I sold my #9 t-shirts to Japanese consignment shop. They are selling them as vintage tees now:laugh:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Man, I have 2 Elias jerseys :laugh:
It used to be 3, but 1 was a present from my 13th (?) birthday... my first Devils jersey. Finally parted ways with it this year and gave it to my friends younger sister.

Sorry to say that I only have Brodeur player tee and nothing else. Gotta fix that soon.

I also have a Brodeur t-shirt. I also have a blank red sweater and a red Parise. I really must get that one stripped and replace it with Kovalchuk's name and number.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Some interesting comments by Elias from TG and Chere. Lou and Patty had been talking for 3-4 weeks; he did get some interest from other teams but basically told them that he'd get back to them if it didn't work out with the Devils; had some concerns about the team's finances and future on the ice but had those concerns assuaged; and finally said that he didn't necessarily think this would be his last contract.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Patty seems to think there is a possibility he could leave the Devils after this contract:

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 5m

Patrik Elias said this is not necessarily his last contract. I’ll be a valuable player to some team. Whether it’s with the Devils..."

Elias: "... for two more years or with someone else.”

Unless I am reading this wrong? The other possible interpretation of this quote is that he doesn't have a NTC in this contract and thinks he could be traded.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Patty seems to think there is a possibility he could leave the Devils after this contract:

Patrik Elias said this is not necessarily his last contract. I’ll be a valuable player to some team. Whether it’s with the Devils..."

Elias: "... for two more years or with someone else.â€

Unless I am reading this wrong? The other possible interpretation of this quote is that he doesn't have a NTC in this contract and thinks he could be traded.
I think you have it right. But I'm not reading anything into the comment that he could continue playing elsewhere after this contract other than a desire to stay on the ice.

He could be thinking about Alfredsson in Ottawa right now.

It's also irrelevant at this moment, since he's under contract for three years.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Elias: "... for two more years or with someone else.â€

I took this as he thinks he may not be good enough to help the devils after his contract is up bc he's assuming they'll be good and could possibly help some bad team lol. Idk why he'd even talk about that.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I took this as he thinks he may not be good enough to help the devils after his contract is up bc he's assuming they'll be good and could possibly help some bad team lol. Idk why he'd even talk about that.
I'm reading it as an awareness that players who want to play don't always get to stay with the team they've been with forever: Modano as an example, but Alfredsson perhaps right now.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm reading it as an awareness that players who want to play don't always get to stay with the team they've been with forever: Modano as an example, but Alfredsson perhaps right now.

That's true. Patty is no dummy, he definitely knows that is a possibility. But it's kind of an odd thing to say it right after you get re-signed for 3 years.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
That's true. Patty is no dummy, he definitely knows that is a possibility. But it's kind of an odd thing to say it right after you get re-signed for 3 years.
He was asked the question of whether he thought this was his last contract, he didn't just spout it off out of nowhere.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He was asked the question of whether he thought this was his last contract, he didn't just spout it off out of nowhere.

Yes, but most players would say, "we'll see at the end of the contract" or "I hope I get one more". Patty seems pretty damn sure he'll be playing into his 40s. It doesn't bother me, it just struck me as slightly unusual.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, but most players would say, "we'll see at the end of the contract" or "I hope I get one more". Patty seems pretty damn sure he'll be playing into his 40s. It doesn't bother me, it just struck me as slightly unusual.
I'm happy to see the confidence he'll still be playing at the end of the contract, myself.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Patty quotes from TG:

The last few years, I never changed the way I felt on the ice, but sometimes with the coaching it’s not as – how would I put it – as fitting as you would like. With Pete (DeBoer) now the last couple of years, it’s great to work with him and I like the style the team plays and the guys on the team.

Elias called the trade Lamoriello made for goaltender Cory Schneider on Sunday “unbelievable.” “Everybody’s been wondering what’s going to happen when Marty’s done and if we had a prospect coming up or something from the minors or anything and Lou gave himself a chance to see what this guy is about, giving him an opportunity and potentially signing him (long term) after that. He’s been sought after the last couple of years as one of the best goaltenders, so hats off to (Lamoriello) for making that move and good for us.”

Semak

The Schneider trade sent a message to the locker room and to the league.

Damn skippy! I think Lou means business. We need another Friesen-like trade to happen and help Elias and Marty get one more kick at the can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad