Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Patrik Elias

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Elias statement: "To Lou, all my teammates and Devils' fans, I'm excited to sign a new contract and be back with New Jersey. This year marks my 17th year with the Devils and it's very special to be a member of one organization for my entire career. We've shared some great moments together and I look forward to working with everyone to create new ones. Go Devils!"

Patty, I seriously Love you

Pure class. Patty is the best. I want to see him march on to 1000 points as a Devil and really solidify his case for the Hall of Fame.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
Forgot we are broke. Only added 13 million to our cap over the last few days (per year Zubrus/Elias/Schneider)

Plus Lou said we gave a "very good" offer to Clarkson . THats atleast 5 million per year IMO

Not trying to rain on our parade, just wanna keep hopes reasonable

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
and Clarkson thinks he's worth more than Elias rofl.

:laugh: I know, right? The guy with one lucky 30 goal season that can't skate, pass, or go more than one or two games without taking a horrendously dumb penalty.

Welcome back, Patty! I love the deal. Elias makes more money than he was previously getting ($5M), but his cap hit comes down slightly (from $6M to $5.5M).

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Patty is one of the better players in the league in terms of hockey sense. Even after his speed declines further, he will still have the smarts to play effectively. I'm not worried about this contract looking bad at the end.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm really hoping Clarkson gets 6mil a year somewhere else. Just seeing him get more than Elias would be hysterical. Glad to have Patty back, great deal as well! Does he get his check from welfare or how does that work? No money brah :sarcasm:

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
The fact that so many people are calling this an overpayment just shows how Patty is still vastly underrated and underappreciated

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Teams think Patty is going to be UFA ??

images

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm really hoping Clarkson gets 6mil a year somewhere else. Just seeing him get more than Elias would be hysterical. Glad to have Patty back, great deal as well! Does he get his check from welfare or how does that work? No money brah :sarcasm:

Adding to this, if Clarkson gets $6 M somewhere else, I won't feel at all bad about Lou letting him walk. He isn't worth that and the Leafs some team will regret it.

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia

Oh I forgot my office has cameras :D
Thrilled we have secured Patty for life :win:
Zubrusaur Rex has resigned :highclap:
We got Schneider :yo:
Got to see Marty draft his own kid :heart:
This has already been an awesome offseason, though I sense Lou will give us more thrills soon.
Couldn't care less about Clarkie right now :laugh:
:partytime:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Elias statement: "To Lou, all my teammates and Devils' fans, I'm excited to sign a new contract and be back with New Jersey. This year marks my 17th year with the Devils and it's very special to be a member of one organization for my entire career. We've shared some great moments together and I look forward to working with everyone to create new ones. Go Devils!"

I love Patty. So glad he is locked up, now Lou needs to take his shopping cart to the FA market and improve the team so we can try and bring one last Championship to New Jersey before Patty and Marty ride off into the sunset.

Oh, and like I said earler, Clarkson can **** off. He never ever ever ever will be worth anything CLOSE to Elias. If he wants 5.5, he can go find it elsewhere. No need for his toddler skating, can't stay standing, puck hogging ass here for that type of money.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
:handclap:

Clarkson should probably give Patrik some of the dough from the ridiculous contract he is going to sign too, he pretty much made him.

On a serious note, I did not think that Patrik had to take a paycut when you consider where his game is at right now, very glad he's re-signed at something reasonable.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Forgot we are broke. Only added 13 million to our cap over the last few days (per year Zubrus/Elias/Schneider)

Plus Lou said we gave a "very good" offer to Clarkson . THats atleast 5 million per year IMO

5 mil for Clarkson!?!??! thats like rolston reborn.. Rolston 2nd stint, of course :laugh:

Anyways,

Patty is back! Great news!!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The fact that so many people are calling this an overpayment just shows how Patty is still vastly underrated and underappreciated

I think the "overpayment" thought is due to the fact that he is getting a slight raise at 37. But on value alone, it's a good deal for the Devils.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Unless there's an internal cap...

I think all these deals put the "we are broke" thought to rest.

I myself had concerns. But I've put them to bed.

And I for one, don't want to cap out. I prefer flexibility going into the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad