Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Patrik Elias

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
One-Piece.gif

WALCOTT-GOAL-CELEBRATION.gif

Happy days!!!

That letter to the fans was really classy as well. Maybe the hold up was him writing that for the past few days? :laugh:

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
My favorite "non playing" image of Patty is him crying during Stevens banner raising. I took that as not only did he have a ton of love and respect for Scotty but he had those same feelings about the organization. I maybe waaaaaay off base with that but that's how I always viewed that.

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic that he'll be a lifelong Devil and his number will hang next to 3, 4, 27, & 30

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
He is.

He'll get 5.5 or more.

Elias doesn't have 3 left in him. I love Patty. Wearing his jersey right now, but I don't like the deal.

Alfredsson is 40, Jagr 42, Selanne 43. If they can keep playing, and playing well into their 40s, I see no apparent difference in Patty that says he can't last until he's 40.

B A T M A N

Lol, judging by some reactions they are surprised he resigned. Hilarious.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
My favorite "non playing" image of Patty is him crying during Stevens banner raising. I took that as not only did he have a ton of love and respect for Scotty but he had those same feelings about the organization. I maybe waaaaaay off base with that but that's how I always viewed that.

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic that he'll be a lifelong Devil and his number will hang next to 3, 4, 27, & 30

If a guy is shedding tears during a banner raising ceremony. Sentimentality was surely playing a role. Thus even if u are not fully accurate, u are certainly not way off.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He is.

He'll get 5.5 or more.

Elias doesn't have 3 left in him. I love Patty. Wearing his jersey right now, but I don't like the deal.

But Patty's game is so not speed dependant. His hands look as good as ever, hockey smarts does not deteriorate with age, and he's a very good defensive player. Even if he is not worth the $$$ in that final year, I can't see it being at a terrible level.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Not sure why some think this is a bad deal. Clarkson is looking to get $6m, Bozak wants $5m on a 6+ year deal, there are many more that are just awful. Elias getting 5.5m over 3 years is ****ing awesome.

I'm loving this offseason so far. Re-signed Zubrus and Elias, saved money doing it too, and picked up a great goalie in a very good trade.

Add a little scoring, I like the idea of Clowe & Briere, this team will be looking good. Assuming they stay healthy.

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
He is.

He'll get 5.5 or more.

Clarkson is worth more than Elias
and Brad Richards is worth more than either of them

I guess the logic you use is that you are worth the dollar amount on the contract

dali

Oct 14, 2006
Tough building
I'm getting all emotional here, but obviously this is a huge signing both on and off the ice. It's a priviledge to have quality individuals like Patrik and Marty for two decades. They are the cornerstones for the franchise.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Clarkson getting paid more than Elias is a joke. It's understandable that he'd get a longer contract in years, because he's quite a bit younger. He's not worth more a year though.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
:handclap: Finally. He's worth every penny and then some.
I never want to know a Devils team without Elias on it. I'll never be ready.
Three more years to prepare.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Still to this day remains one of my most favorite Elias moments when he gave Sykie the cold shoulder. :laugh:

Then when he came out to hug Sykora a game or two later during the three stars presentation. :laugh:

Man, it's impossible to hate this guy. I'm only pissed that I'll never have a wife as beautiful as his.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad