Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Patrik Elias

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Patty seems to think there is a possibility he could leave the Devils after this contract:

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 5m

Patrik Elias said this is not necessarily his last contract. I’ll be a valuable player to some team. Whether it’s with the Devils..."

Elias: "... for two more years or with someone else.â€

Unless I am reading this wrong? The other possible interpretation of this quote is that he doesn't have a NTC in this contract and thinks he could be traded.

Maybe his loyalty is more to Lou than the Devils even, like Marty and Zubrus.

Retail1LO*

es2.gif

LMAO That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Elias's deal has a full NMC. Doubt he's going anywhere, ever, to be honest. Lamoriello even said he's gonna be a lifer.

We'll see how long Patty wants to play. He said he might want to play beyond this contract, and if Lou or the next GM doesn't think he has enough left in the tank, he might go elsewhere.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He had bleached hair for the better part of the early 00s. I think he may have even had it bleached in 05-06 too.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was about to say something like "Something there does not belong" but you beat me to it. :laugh:

I can't wait until the season starts so I can post some hardcore songs in the GDT's!:handclap:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I was just struck by a sudden thought... why the **** did Sutter take Elias' captaincy?

We are so lucky that Elias doesn't hold that against the franchise.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I was just struck by a sudden thought... why the **** did Sutter take Elias' captaincy?

We are so lucky that Elias doesn't hold that against the franchise.

It's funny that he always calls out some "former coaches" in interviews when he talks about his time with the Devils. In some light, I think he does still carry that chip on his shoulder. Thankfully we had a few years to fix up the coaching ordeal before we had a chance to lose him.

On the other hand, I still can't get over how Detroit found it in them to come after Elias, and then go to Alfredsson as a backup plan. Weird stuff right there.
Were they trying to make a big splash coming into the East, form immediate rivalries?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
It's funny that he always calls out some "former coaches" in interviews when he talks about his time with the Devils. In some light, I think he does still carry that chip on his shoulder. Thankfully we had a few years to fix up the coaching ordeal before we had a chance to lose him.

On the other hand, I still can't get over how Detroit found it in them to come after Elias, and then go to Alfredsson as a backup plan. Weird stuff right there.
Were they trying to make a big splash coming into the East, form immediate rivalries?
No, I think they were going for the best available forwards. Detroit's never been scared of age.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
No, I think they were going for the best available forwards. Detroit's never been scared of age.

For what Alfie and Elias both cost, I just think they had better options at hand.
Just seemed odd to me that they'd make a splash like that. They're usually pretty low key on the FA market, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00