Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Habs Feb.2 2PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
Dunno, I can't vote, hence not see the results. But I saw a lot of people arguing about who would get the trophy of most cup runs witnessed, though

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
Who knows why, but this is clearly a disadvantage for us. I don't think we've done well in these kinds of situations this year (back-2-backs, long rests, etc..)

Soccer is far worse. The good teams tend to play more games, as they are invited to play in various other tournaments. This means that the good teams are almost always fresher (less rested,) which means they have an even greater advantage. I'm very glad that the NHL works so hard to create parity between teams.
That's simply not true. It's definitely not an advantage by any means, especially for the teams that are competing in 2 tournaments on top of their respective leagues, possibly 3 if you win your continents tournament and end up in the Club World Cup. Real Madrid, for example, plays La Liga, Champions League, Copa Del Rey and Club World Cup. Sure, there's plenty of rest between league matches that are typically played on weekends. But once you start sprinkling in these tournament matches, travel, injuries, suspensions, international duty, etc it becomes taxing on the players. I don't see how that would ever be an advantage. The two sports take on completely different fitness levels and demands, on top of the fact that for top tier players, their "season" doesn't end and they might not even end up with a break period between seasons.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Judging by the Habs board's demographics, many could be dead by the time the Habs play their next game this season.
c4a.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Judging by the Habs board's demographics, many could be dead by the time the Habs play their next game this season.

There are some pretty serious homicidal/ heavily confrontational behaviors due in large part to the lack of a Hab fix over such a prolonged period.

If death doesn't do them in, incarceration will. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The long wait is a bit of a drag, sure

But I for one, am SUPER glad the guys got so much time off to rest up and heal up, it doesnt look like much, but im sure 75% of the guys are probably thrilled as hell and feel better than they have in months, it should help us in the long run

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I have actually enjoyed having my evenings free to waste time on other things lately... that being said I do want hockey to resume so I can see the conclusion to our season!

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's so weird. After such a long break, they're coming back to two afternoon games.

Jul 6, 2016

But I for one, am SUPER glad the guys got so much time off to rest up and heal up, it doesnt look like much, but im sure 75% of the guys are probably thrilled as hell and feel better than they have in months, it should help us in the long run

I hope so... But they could be quite rusted for the weekend first two games, though

Jul 6, 2016
Shaw back on the ice with his team mates. Was wearing a non-contact jersey. Won't play during the weekend, I guess.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Lets not kid ourselves here, those boys went flat out on booze and coke for the last 8 days. Don't be surprised if they come out sluggish on Saturday.

Reactions: David Suzuki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad