Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Habs Feb.2 2PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
I expect a slow start from the Habs. 9 days is great for attending to any injuries and rest the players might need but it also means they haven't had game action in over a week, while it'll be NJ's third game since the AS break. Hopefully grind out 2 big pts.

Reactions: Licentia

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
The jets play three times before the habs do. Why?

why the schedule is so messed up?

It's our week off , every team has one , it's our turn. This is great let some of our injured guys heal up, can't exaclty complain about something that every team has to go through. (This was negotiated by the Players Association to give players a small break from the 82 game NHL schedule)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It's our week off , every team has one , it's our turn. This is great let some of our injured guys heal up, can't exaclty complain about something that every team has to go through. (This was negotiated by the Players Association to give players a small break from the 82 game NHL schedule)
Yes I can. I bitch about the shoot out all the time.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yes I can. I ***** about the shoot out all the time.

The players decided that they needed this , they had no say in the shootouts being added to the game. You are free to not like it all you want but in the end they are very different topics. :)

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
9 days off before the annual SB weekend afternoon games kinda pisses me off. It won't be until next Tuesday night that they play a game that fits their usual routine.

Bettman's NHL sticking it to this franchise once again. :eek:

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009

I think this really did work out for the best. We're 51 games into the season so only 31 games to go. With Montreal not being representated at the All-Star game that means all of our players had a week and half to relax and rest.

Hoping this will do good for players like Domi, Gallagher, Kotka (lately) who play a rough game. We have a couple of smaller forwards that will most likely benefit from the break as well and it also gives Weber some extra time to rest as its not easy coming back from injury after not playing for almost a year.

All in all hope we stay healthy for the playoffs and face the Leafs or Tampa. The way this team plays some nights anything could happen and it's been a while since I've almost gone crazy with joy/hate/lust/rage/pride...ect watching the Habs be the underdogs and win and ohhh how I've missed those Markov/Kovy days.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Gotta get all the way to saturday..........what a break...seems longer. The R&R should help as the last 31 games are played. The Habs have a real chance to stay in the top 3 of their division, the Bruins are gonna struggle without Rask, if it goes too long. Halak can handle a week or two but that's about it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What's making it so long is that the Habs only played once last week.

New Jersey and Edmonton back to back games at home.
New Jersey is 6-17-3 on the road so far and Edmonton will also be on the 2nd game of B2B.

I expect a little leg rust from the Habs against NJ and Niemi will get the net ( Price's suspension)
But i still expect the entire 4 points on the SB week-end no matter what....the standing might be very different by then

The jets play three times before the habs do. Why?

So does the Pens (including last night's game)

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Byron is done his suspension if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully both him and Shawzy are back and in the line up for this one. That'll change the dynamic of the forward group going forward if we can stay healthy.

Drouin - Danault - Gally
Tatar- Domi - Byron
Armia - KK - Shaw
Lehks - Chaput - Hudon/Dlo/Ago

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I hope Shaw gets a new neck before this game or the following ones. I wouldn't mind a Cyborgshaw!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Patience is a virtue I guess.

Patients are virtual, you mean.

I've just gone through a bunch of posts advocating how we should be trading Petry now. And not to mention all those pining for Weber and Price to be moved.

What else can we sell off?

TCAXWbO.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I wish they hadn't tacked on the Habs's week off to the ASG. Not to mention that they didn't have any home Rocket games during the hiatus. They should look into fixing that next year.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Byron is done his suspension if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully both him and Shawzy are back and in the line up for this one. That'll change the dynamic of the forward group going forward if we can stay healthy.

Drouin - Danault - Gally
Tatar- Domi - Byron
Armia - KK - Shaw
Lehks - Chaput - Hudon/Dlo/Ago

Switch Armia for Byron and I like your line up!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Every year they do this stupid Devils 2pm game, it blows. Stupid Leafs always get primetime.

Reactions: Maliki2

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
why the schedule is so messed up?

Who knows why, but this is clearly a disadvantage for us. I don't think we've done well in these kinds of situations this year (back-2-backs, long rests, etc..)

Soccer is far worse. The good teams tend to play more games, as they are invited to play in various other tournaments. This means that the good teams are almost always fresher (less rested,) which means they have an even greater advantage. I'm very glad that the NHL works so hard to create parity between teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad