Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Habs Feb.2 2PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
This has been a great week for teams to use up those annoying games in hand.Habs have played close to the most hockey in the league leading up to the break.Always sucks to see us at 51 games and the others around at 47-48 games etc. Also it was a great break for Byron and a chance for him to rest those rocket boosters for the playoff drive ahead.He's a key guy for us with that crazy speed. Unfortunately we never match up well against the Devils or Oilers so this will be a huge weekend.

Reactions: Redux91

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This has been a great week for teams to use up those annoying games in hand.Habs have played close to the most hockey in the league leading up to the break.Always sucks to see us at 51 games and the others around at 47-48 games etc. Also it was a great break for Byron and a chance for him to rest those rocket boosters for the playoff drive ahead.He's a key guy for us with that crazy speed. Unfortunately we never match up well against the Devils or Oilers so this will be a huge weekend.

I thought teams coming off a break were suppose to play other teams coming off a break? NJ was not on a break, this is ridiculous. You need games to get in tune,at least the Oilers were off,but still, Can't afford to lose any right now. I can tell you,missing game action is paramount,not playing against real opponents is detrimental. If I missed a week,the next time I played,so far behind,and I nailed it more often than not.

Reactions: Max2

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wonder what the team will look like Saturday. Such a long break and the Devils will have already played games so they'd be up to game speed.

Reactions: Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Way too long between games

well that's about to change, from Saturday's game to the Wings game on the 26th, they are about to play 13 games over 25 days. First they play 5 games in 8 days, then next game is 5 days later and then finish with 7 games in 11 days. ouch

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lines at practice today:

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Domi - Byron
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Agostino - Chaput - Shaw
Hudon - Peca - Deslauriers

Mete - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Kulak - Benn
Alzner

Price
Niemi

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So something has to give, they need to bring up a goalie to backup Niemi and we have one too many players so who goes down, Alzner, Hudon, Peca, DLO?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Lines at practice today:

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Domi - Byron
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Agostino - Chaput - Shaw
Hudon - Peca - Deslauriers

Mete - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Kulak - Benn
Alzner

Price
Niemi

That's one too many. Is Shaw still technically on IR or are they gonna send someone down/trade someone?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

2skjyc.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So something has to give, they need to bring up a goalie to backup Niemi and we have one too many players so who goes down, Alzner, Hudon, Peca, DLO?

Why does Niemi need a backup? Did price get suspended for not going to the ASG?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Would have liked to see Shaw where Byron is, given the former's chemistry with Domi. I think Lehkonen would be a luxury upgrade to the fourth line. I think he could take advantage of the competition and build his confidence.

Byron has better finish than Lehkonen and should be paired with KK and Armia whose abilities maximize Byron's tremendous speed.

Byron-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Chaput-Agostino

Shaw on the fourth line is a luxury too, but I worry he'll start costing us with penalties in that role.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It will be interesting to see how out of sync they are playing against a team that has played a couple of games since the break. With Niemi in nets it’s almost a guaranteed ugly game against the boring ass Devils.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It will be interesting to see how out of sync they are playing against a team that has played a couple of games since the break. With Niemi in nets it’s almost a guaranteed ugly game against the boring ass Devils.

Given the lengthy break and the back to back games, I’d be happy with them getting 2 points for the weekend, no matter how they get them.

Reactions: Tyson and Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
If Shaw comes off the IR and Price is suspended then wouldn't they need to send two players down?

Alzner is an obvious one and then someone is gonna hit waivers I guess. Unless they can use an emergency callup for the backup, but I wouldn't think they can since it's a suspension and not injury for Price.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Remember when you were a kid and it was early december. Waiting for christmas was pure pain.

This is easily ten times worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->